Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clip Theft: A Serious Issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Sorry about that, John. I'll help you harass him. Maybe a few more LVI-ers will join in. Occasionally, it works. These people tend to be stubborn and rude though.
Aw, thanks so much, Sassy I believe he is capable of stealing more of my vids. I bet that the other vids he has arent his either. Thanks again, I'll go harass him a lil bit before i go to sleep
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I commented on the 2 vids you were talking about. He'll probably come after me too, if he gets annoyed enough, but oh well. I don't care. He needs to stop stealing vids. I don't even get how this could be gratifying in any way. If you get comments/faves/ratings from a video you stole, you can't take any of the credit. Would you really feel good about it, like you accomplished something? It's just dumb to me. Are they that starved for attention? Weird...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
I commented on the 2 vids you were talking about. He'll probably come after e too, if he gets annoyed enough, but oh well. I don't care. He needs to stop stealing vids. I don't even get how this could be gratifying in any way. If you get comments/faves/ratings from a video you stole, you can't take any of the credit. Would you really feel good about it, like you accomplished something? It's just dumb to me. Are they that starved for attention? Weird...
E-x-a-c-t-l-y. I dont understand it, they cant feel good for something they didnt make
Those two guys I was talking about. I sent a PM to both of them. Both of them replied. In a rather mean way
Hellomotow2007
WWEinvadesTNA
--
Look, thanks again I really appreciate it!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrrrrgh! I hate it when vid thefters try to brazen it out like if they just keep insisting they made it, then everybody will believe it! And I don't know which annoys me even more: when they go to the trouble of cutting out your credits and replacing it with their own or when they don't even bother to do THAT much work!

Yeah, unfortunately pretty much all we can do is keep commenting and try to annoy them enough that they'll take them down. So sorry about that, John! It's a very, very annoying and frustrating thing!
GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes Well, I just have to laugh at the fact that some of them keep the "Made by xoxoxo" part there and they upload it anyway Well, like I said. Since it's only two guys and two stolen vids (YET) I am going to keep commenting and commenting and commenting. They do not know what they just pi**ed off. Both of them laugh at me Maybe it's pointless, but I wont just give up.
--
Btw. what I mind the most is that sometimes it seems, that those stolen vids have more comments, ratings and views than the original vid And basically the only evidence u have is the Upload Date. But nobody cares
Jamielost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never aware of all the clip theft and what not until now, so I decided for my next video I'm going to place a sort of watermark (my initials) in the bottom right corner, because clip thievers can't remove that... or at least I hope not.

BTW I rated that stolen Season 5 promo down and did a comment.. hope it helps.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOST_Fanatic wrote:
I think this person had stole some clips. At the beginning of this video you can see the label at the bottom right hand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whaz1OLcZJQ

It think it might be from one of Uruviel's video.

yup; those beginning ones are definately from heather's vids. she always gets stolen from :S:S:S:S:S *hates clip thieves*

and john that totally sucks!!! your WHOLE vids getting stolen - people are idiots :S:S:S:S do they really think we won't notice? :S

GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamielost - Yep, me too. I already have a watermark, so I'll just put it in my next vid. But I dont know if it will help. Some ppl are just so stupid that they will steal the vid anyway. And thanks for commenting on that stolen vid, even though he has already deleted it (what a nub).

littleton_pace - Well, I really dont know what they think. I just hope that no more ppl will steal it, because I am already busy spamming these two thieves I found
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, I noticed that he deleted our comments. Maybe if we keep commenting, he'll eventually get annoyed and get rid of the vid? Oh well, we can only hope. *sigh* I'll try and comment again tomorrow if I remember, but it's nearly 2:30am and I'm really tired. *yawn* Sorry again about that stupid guy harassing you, John. Vid/Clip theft sucks!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr; i had two comments on each of those vids john and the bugger deleted them :S i commented again tho

Jamielost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I commented again... hopefully he'll notice that we aren't going to stop commenting and will take it down.
GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thank u all for helping At least I'm not alone in this. Now, I'm having a PM conversation with that Hellomotow2007. He said that he's not a stealer, because he kept the "Made by GriiFin" part (Note: We're both insulting each other, so its not an easy converstation ). Which is true, but I dont get why would ppl upload it anyway and he didnt even ask me if he can upload it. Well, I'll wait till he replies.
---
But the other guy (WWEinvadesTNA) is a real bastard :p He's the real stealer, so I am just going to spam his as much as i can. I think that deleting those messages wont be fun for him for long
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just now seeing this! Stealing a whole vid, omg that sucks! I just left a comment, we'll see how fast it gets deleted.

As for that one with clips stolen from me... It happens sooo often, even with my watermark.
GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just noticed that the guy entered this in that stolen vid description Users http://youtube.com/user/xGriiFin and http://youtube.com/user/Hellomotow2007 have uploaded my LOST season 5 promo video and they present it as their own.
---
Seriously this made my day How stupid can this guy get? He told me that I underestimated him when I think that he will take down those vids. Well, he underestimated me, when he thinks I am going to stop commenting on those stolen videos
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left him a comment although no doubt he'll just delete it What a loser!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: