Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clip Theft: A Serious Issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, MovieGuy (MG, Potter, or that ridiculous nickname, Colin) am Clip Theft Free.
2. Polarbear (Paul)
3. ebizmybef74 (Liz)
4. Hollywood (Holly)
5. ChicaFrom3 (Kristen)
6. Hobbes (Warren)
7. MoreLight (Geoff)
8. Ally (erm.. yeah Ally >>)
9. Lostcalier (Aimee)
10. Ringwench (Sarah)
11. JakeNRoland (Grandpa Jake)
12. Lostzilla (Nate)

I'm 1000% clip-theft free, besides all my vids have my lil Lostzilla watermark so, dont mess with me clip thieves LOL

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a quick side note. If you have permission from a vidder to use there work and give them credit in your video at the end or beginning then I could care less. Like the quote above says it's not really stealing of a clip but the stealing of the credit that makes this such an issue. I've seen plenty of vids with thanks credits to sites that they got clips from. All of that is good. If you have trouble getting episodes and have to take from someones vid then ask permission (before taking the clip) and give credit where it is deserved. If everyone does that then we won't have a clip theft issue.

Again just my 2 cents .

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, Lostcalier, very nicely put. We agree to disagree. I do feel the stance the site is putting forth is the right move, I just disagree on a personal level.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, MovieGuy (MG, Potter, or that ridiculous nickname, Colin) am Clip Theft Free.
2. Polarbear (Paul)
3. ebizmybef74 (Liz)
4. Hollywood (Holly)
5. ChicaFrom3 (Kristen)
6. Hobbes (Warren)
7. MoreLight (Geoff)
9. Lostcalier (Aimee)
10. Ringwench (Sarah)
12. Lostzilla (Nate)
13. Aislynn (aka Auntie, the Incredible Invisible Viddergirl)

Believe me, if anybody would've ever been tempted to "lift" a clip from somebody else's vid, it would be me. When you don't have access to the full eps, you get very desperate some times. Unless you find one of the few sites out there like josh-holloway.com or evangeline-lilly.net that kindly puts up clips or unless you've come across some incredible people who offer to put clip care packages together for you, then you're pretty much out of luck making anything other than a slide-show style vid.

Fortunately, I had lurked around LVI and a few other places long enough before I tried making "Vertigo" so I knew it wasn't okay to just take what I needed from somebody's vid. (I actually never thought about it until I heard about clip theft and was like, "You can open vids in WMM? No way!" Yes, I'm sheltered... )

But I think some people just look at vids as raw material up for grabs as if they were ep clips or something. Probably a lot of honest mistakes get made in that way. BUT once they do know that it's not cool to scavenge other people's vids for material but they do it again anyway, that's not nice.

On the subject of watermarking, of course that's something that I can't do with WMM 1. However, I seriously doubt somebody would try to lift one of my many, many cool transitions from out of my vids (since they don't exist! ). And if they took one of the animations, well, those are pretty obvious even if they don't have a watermark on them.

Sorry I didn't join in here sooner. I read the first posts but didn't realize we were supposed to "sign on." Ooo, look, I'm lucky number 13...

~Aislynn

PS - Oh, come on, Jake! If I was ever gonna "borrow" from somebody's vid because I thought it was cool, you gotta know it would be "Sawyer - Lake of Fire." I still so love that vid! Would've loved to have a WMV version of it!

Okay, that sounds bad to ask for that when I just said if I was gonna steal, then it would be from that particular vid, huh? I actually just would've liked to add it onto my Favorite Vids Playlist on WMP but since it's in MOV format, naturally WMP has issues with that...

Jake will probably never come back through here and read about how I'm still bragging on this vid, huh? It's not even still on LVI, is it? So glad I caught it when I did! Still one of my all time favs!
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
PS - Oh, come on, Jake! If I was ever gonna "borrow" from somebody's vid because I thought it was cool, you gotta know it would be "Sawyer - Lake of Fire." I still so love that vid! Would've loved to have a WMV version of it!

Okay, that sounds bad to ask for that when I just said if I was gonna steal, then it would be from that particular vid, huh? I actually just would've liked to add it onto my Favorite Vids Playlist on WMP but since it's in MOV format, naturally WMP has issues with that...

Jake will probably never come back through here and read about how I'm still bragging on this vid, huh? It's not even still on LVI, is it? So glad I caught it when I did! Still one of my all time favs!

Just for you, Aislynn, just for you...

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw that! I'm stealin' EVERYONE'S clips! Bwahahahahahhah!

Now if I could just get someone brilliant, yet incredibly stupid, to edit them together for me, seeing as my computer has chosen to protest any and all vidding software.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
Just for you, Aislynn, just for you...

*SQUEE!!!!*

Yes, it's fairly unattractive when a gal my age *squees* like that, but it was fun nonetheless...

Thank you so much, Jake! Waaaay back when I first saw this vid, I hadn't seen very many Lost vids, much less Sawyer vids. But now that I have seen A LOT of both, I can still say that I love this one. I'm an absolute sucker (don't stop reading there... ) for the selective b&w/color effect. Believe me, if I can ever get some software that can do it, then I'm gonna! And I'll credit this vid as my inspiration!

*does happy viddergirl dance*

I now return this thread to its original topic... Sorry about the quick detour there.

~Aislynn

SuperKC wrote:
Now if I could just get someone brilliant, yet incredibly stupid, to edit them together for me, seeing as my computer has chosen to protest any and all vidding software.

Ah man, that sucks, KC! I'd been wondering why we haven't seen any vids from you in a while. Much sympathy to you and hope you get the computer problems fixed soon!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a lil polarbear watermark that would be cool
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw Jakes posts here and I'll have to agree that, while clip theft is indeed a bad thing, this thread seems like a waste of time. ! There are so many more productive things to do. Like post in the new spam forum.

ha. ha. sigh.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
I just saw Jakes posts here and I'll have to agree that, while clip theft is indeed a bad thing, this thread seems like a waste of time. ! There are so many more productive things to do. Like post in the new spam forum.

ha. ha. sigh.

Yeah. Go to the Spamming 5!
Di
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh I can't believe I didn't check this thread sooner.

ok, here we go.

I, Di (yeah, just Di ... kinda too simple, isn't it?) am 100% clip theft free... as well as 100% AGAINST clip theft.

Unfortunately it's happened to me countless times... By the way how do you watermark? I'm starting to feel this is the best option... even though I don't *need* one to tell when a clip is mine, it's just that it keeps clip thieves at a reasonable distance from my vids... I hope.

2. Polarbear (Paul)
3. ebizmybef74 (Liz)
4. Hollywood (Holly)
5. ChicaFrom3 (Kristen)
6. Hobbes (Warren)
7. MoreLight (Geoff)
9. Lostcalier (Aimee)
10. Ringwench (Sarah)
12. Lostzilla (Nate)
14. Di (aka... Di)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. Polarbear (Paul)
3. ebizmybef74 (Liz)
4. Hollywood (Holly)
5. ChicaFrom3 (Kristen)
6. Hobbes (Warren)
7. MoreLight (Geoff)
9. Lostcalier (Aimee)
10. Ringwench (Sarah)
12. Lostzilla (Nate)
14. Di (aka... Di)
15. Jaime(aka Jaime)

However, i will be honest that my 1sy ever Lost video contained clip theft (it sux that there's no 'ashamed' smiley) But I was caught and shown why it's wrong and I have been clip theft free since
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. Polarbear (Paul)
3. ebizmybef74 (Liz)
4. Hollywood (Holly)
5. ChicaFrom3 (Kristen)
6. Hobbes (Warren)
7. MoreLight (Geoff)
9. Lostcalier (Aimee)
10. Ringwench (Sarah)
12. Lostzilla (Nate)
14. Di (aka... Di)
15. fallen_angel (Vicky)

*puts hand one hand on heart and one hand in the air*

I, Vicky pledge alligiance to the band... *cough* ahem I mean the anti-clip theft thingy
Harry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant believe i havent signed this yet

2. Polarbear (Paul)
3. ebizmybef74 (Liz)
4. Hollywood (Holly)
5. ChicaFrom3 (Kristen)
6. Hobbes (Warren)
7. MoreLight (Geoff)
9. Lostcalier (Aimee)
10. Ringwench (Sarah)
12. Lostzilla (Nate)
14. Di (aka... Di)
15. fallen_angel (Vicky)
16. BtVSfreak (Harry)
Ivy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. MovieGuy (MG, Potter, or that ridiculous nickname, Colin) am Clip Theft Free.
2. Polarbear (Paul)
3. ebizmybef74 (Liz)
4. Hollywood (Holly)
5. ChicaFrom3 (Kristen)
6. Hobbes (Warren)
7. MoreLight (Geoff)
9. Lostcalier (Aimee)
10. Ringwench (Sarah)
12. Lostzilla (Nate)
14. Di (aka... Di)
15. fallen_angel (Vicky)
16. BtVSfreak (Harry)
17. Ivy

I am clip theft free too, of course. I haven't even thoght about that ever.

So @ all
how can I put a watermark on my next videos? Do I have to use a special program for that? In time I am only using WindowsMovieMaker, but i was thinking over changing programs anyway.

Our Last Days -The official Casshern Web Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: