Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hackedy-Hack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmmm, I'm not seeing anything odd happening with that link, Jemma. You might try clearing your cache in case Adobe had some leftover file in there and I'll check into it more and see if there's anything I can find out!

Ok, it's just I never use Adobe Reader unless I click on a link that leads me to it And it did it to me before when the hacker was here so I thought that may have something to do with it Just letting you know anyhow, just in case!

ETA: Gah, now I've had my AVG come up with a warning again!!
ETA 2: And oh yeah, I don't have a problem with the "see more" link anymore. Must've just been a one off thing =P
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried the main site and my anti virus is coming up with a virus warning
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, mine popped up with a warning, too. But then I came back to the site and it was okay... And the coding isn't at the top of the page.

icon by becca
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, this sucks... I'm still not seeing anything myself but I'd suggest staying off the main site until Warren can scour it.

Abby, I hate to tell you that it was Trojan.Vundo that killed my computer. The only way I could get rid of it was to reinstall my operating system and wipe the hard drive. You might try Googling/searching for solutions to see if you can find something less invasive (my computer was crippled to the point where it couldn't work any longer so I had no choice).

In the meanwhile, I'd suggest being careful sending emails or passing any sorts of files to other computers (and if your computer ever connects to another computer through a network, you'll need to be very careful about opening up any file-sharing betwen them because Vundo will be glad to jump into the second computer as well ). It really sucks bad and I'm so sorry that this has happened!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mac is all clear...no problems...get macs people!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* Apparently we did have a couple of beasties hiding in the main site. They've been exterminated and both the forum and main site should be safe now.

Again, we are so sorry for all of this mess! Thank you so much for quickly reporting any problems that you've noticed so that we can get right on chasing them down with a flamethrower!

(Okay, so Warren won't really let me have a flamethrower. But I'm hoping to negotiate for something like one of those long fireplace matches... )
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still getting the virus warning on the main site.

icon by becca
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, piffle!

Okay, thanks for letting us know, Elyse! We'll go over it again and see what we can find!

*really, really wants a flamethrower now*
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Oh man, this sucks... I'm still not seeing anything myself but I'd suggest staying off the main site until Warren can scour it.

Abby, I hate to tell you that it was Trojan.Vundo that killed my computer. The only way I could get rid of it was to reinstall my operating system and wipe the hard drive. You might try Googling/searching for solutions to see if you can find something less invasive (my computer was crippled to the point where it couldn't work any longer so I had no choice).

In the meanwhile, I'd suggest being careful sending emails or passing any sorts of files to other computers (and if your computer ever connects to another computer through a network, you'll need to be very careful about opening up any file-sharing betwen them because Vundo will be glad to jump into the second computer as well ). It really sucks bad and I'm so sorry that this has happened!

Ais - I googled the virus and found a fairly non-invasive solution. I just had to download some anti-malware and that was able to delete the virus from my registries. Haven't had any problems since I did that and my computer seems to be running much better.

That's one hell of a virus though!! Sorry you had to do all that to your computer, that must of been hell! I was reading about the Vundo virus and it's pretty nasty - it's one of those that's like immune to anti-virus software. I kept running scans and it kept telling me it had gotten it, but then it was still there.

The anti-malware defintiely worked though, so keep that in mind if this happens again (hopefully it won't!)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-removal/remove-vundo-virtumonde
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hopefully you can get rid of it, Ais, This is one annoying little virus.

icon by becca
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thanks so much for that, Abby! Hopefully I won't ever meet Trojan.Vundo face to, uh, face again but it's good to have something to try! When it hit me, it disabled my anti-virus and disabled XP's ability to connect to MS updates, as well as just trashed my registry so that the computer could just barely boot up and gave me a ton of "missing DLL" errors. It was just an utter mess, way too far gone to be salvaged.

Man, that seriously sucked! I'm so glad that you were able to contain and remove yours!

Elyse, is that what your warning is saying, that it's a Trojan.Vundo?
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg virtumonde was the name of the virus that was on my computer it was a trojan really, it got into the registry keys and just kept repeating itself. i hope i didnt get it from LVI because it was such a bother to get rid of it, turns out you just had to clear the registry keys down and it was gone.

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It helps to have a firewall running aswell as a virus checker. I think often routers have a built in firewall so make sure it's enabled if you use one.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still didnt fix the problem yet? My Kaspersky still picks it up now and then.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eek, Rosie, I certainly hope you didn't get that virtumonde through LVI, either!

And definitely, like what Paul said, you should always have a firewall in addition to an updated anti-virus and some anti-malware programs as well!

Neo, unfortunately we're being attacked by a VERY persistent hacker, so we're in a bit of a chess match trying to both outwit and out-maneuver whomever this is. But I have no doubt that we'll win!

In the meanwhile, though, I do apologize for all of the mess. *sigh* We're doing our best to keep LVI safe and secure against the baddies that are storming the castle right now.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: