Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which to choose?!?!?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
Welcome back Morelight.
Did I tell you I really enjoy your Intro?

Hiya and thanks!
As for the answer to your question, you may have back when I did it all those many months ago but I disappeared for a bit but thanks for the reminder! I guess that means I did 1 and a half vids for Lost.

It will probably take me a week to get back up to speed around here and read all the threads I find/found fun. And oh yes catch up on the 200 or so vids that have been posted since I was absent.

Great to be back on the Island!
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you read these

SPAM CENTRAL: fun spam and vids
http://lostvideo.net/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewforum.php?f=17

Post a photo of yourself: to see what everyone looks like.
http://lostvideo.net/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=937

oh Im Nathan btw, a new council member, well not really new, but I guess im new to ya!
so where have you been?

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I suggest you watch my vids hehehehe

Sidewalks
http://lostvideo.net/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewforum.php?f=1

Brand New Day
http://lostvideo.net/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1077&highlight=sidewalks

Think Twice
http://lostvideo.net/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1591&highlight=think+twice

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://lostvideo.net/vidderprofile.php?vidder=MovieGuy

Hmm... thse are pretty good.
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
oh Im Nathan btw, a new council member, well not really new, but I guess im new to ya!
so where have you been?

Hey Nathan, I'm Geoff.

Not all prisons have internet connection so I stabbed a fellow inmate and now this Maximum security one has internet and cable!

...for those of you who don't have my sick/stupid sense of humor, I'm kidding...except for the Geoff part.

I'm going to check out these vids now but I may not get to them all till next week.

My lost music vids
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoreLight wrote:
Not all prisons have internet connection so I stabbed a fellow inmate and now this Maximum security one has internet and cable!

I so glad I et that knid of humor.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
I voted for pinch me, although I didt here the song but I love System of a down and for me that is no Locke song
that doesn't mean the song is no Locke song, it just means, for ME it is no locke song
althoug I don't doubt that this would be a masterpiece

I would rather do it with a Claire/charlie vid ( still no shipper!!) or only claire, because she's more fragile and to see her suffer away would move myselfmore, than to see Locke suffer

I'll admit it really didn't jump out at me as a Locke song at first, but then I remember pondering a week ago how when Locke landed on the island, he practically gave himself to it, because he wasn't the same guy he was before he landed on the island. I also thought about how everything leading up to that moment in Locke's life was getting worse and worse, like he had nothing left to live for. So THEN I thought "it's like suicide for Locke. He gave himself away to serve the island." as soon as I thought of that, this song popped right into my head, and the beat and such just screamed Locke to me
So hopefully you understand my motives a little better now, Ally. I chose Locke because this is going to be a character study video, not a created reality vid (and there's no other way I could possibly imagine making a successful Claire video without doing it that way. She doesn't have NEARLY enough angst to pull that off! )
You SHOULD be feeling sorry for Locke, Ally. He is two different people, don't you see? the weak Locke, and the island Locke. the weak one died when he landed on that island. That's what I want to portray with this video.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Morelight! Where exactly HAVE you been? if it wasn't locked in prison, then why exactly did you go from 20 posts a day to a sudden dissappearance for 3 months..? And are you planning on staying now?

Yeah, what I meant by changes, I meant heavy changes to the actual site, Potter, not you new people! (though the SPAM forum can't be overlooked )
Now people send in their own videos through the submit section, and we archive, moderate, and vote on the videos, with any exceptional ones getting "council pick" seals (i.e. awards)

As for the "Trolls" part: yeah, a jerk friend of mine from school decided to start harassing me on here.... All is over now though.

LC is indeed the one who runs this place still. Though I'm sure as soon as she finds this thread, she'll point out that it is the entire council that works on everything here, because she's such a great democratic leader lol.

Want an update on the Council situation? lol. Jake took himself out when he got a new job and his life got hectic. We replaced him with Lostzilla a.k.a. "Nate". After that, Enchirito also ran into some busy times and hasn't been around as much as he used to (but first he presented us with the MARVELOUS 4.0 LVI site layout! ). He asked us to get a replacement for him for voting, and we chose the lovely Crazymol a.k.a. "Molly". E is still around whenever he can though. Hopefully he'll have a break in his schedule once again later... Anyway, as soon as he does, he can get back to voting and such (but Molly will, of course, remain on the council as our sixth member)
li
Before you go into the SPAM threads, let me warn you, you will not like what you see We created that forum for those little buggers to take their spamming off the main boards. Drop in there if you're feeling brave LOL.

Last edited by Hobbes on Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Before you go into the SPAM threads, let me warn you, you will not like what you see We created that little forum for those little buggers to take their spamming off the main boards. Drop in there if you're feeling brave LOL.

I'm not little
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Before you go into the SPAM threads, let me warn you, you will not like what you see We created that little forum for those little buggers to take their spamming off the main boards. Drop in there if you're feeling brave LOL.

I'm not a booger!............................................Oh wait, he said bugger.

Banner: Shinythings
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm realizing this becmoing spam.

*runs back to SPAM Central*
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry. i didn't mean to spam here.

Banner: Shinythings
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Ally wrote:
I voted for pinch me, although I didt here the song but I love System of a down and for me that is no Locke song
that doesn't mean the song is no Locke song, it just means, for ME it is no locke song
althoug I don't doubt that this would be a masterpiece

I would rather do it with a Claire/charlie vid ( still no shipper!!) or only claire, because she's more fragile and to see her suffer away would move myselfmore, than to see Locke suffer

I'll admit it really didn't jump out at me as a Locke song at first, but then I remember pondering a week ago how when Locke landed on the island, he practically gave himself to it, because he wasn't the same guy he was before he landed on the island. I also thought about how everything leading up to that moment in Locke's life was getting worse and worse, like he had nothing left to live for. So THEN I thought "it's like suicide for Locke. He gave himself away to serve the island." as soon as I thought of that, this song popped right into my head, and the beat and such just screamed Locke to me
So hopefully you understand my motives a little better now, Ally. I chose Locke because this is going to be a character study video, not a created reality vid (and there's no other way I could possibly imagine making a successful Claire video without doing it that way. She doesn't have NEARLY enough angst to pull that off! )
You SHOULD be feeling sorry for Locke, Ally. He is two different people, don't you see? the weak Locke, and the island Locke. the weak one died when he landed on that island. That's what I want to portray with this video.

I understood you pretty good from the beginning
that's why I said 'for me'
I know you wellenough to know that you won't make a Poll because of " hm that song is nice, I like Locke to, make a vid out of it"

I know that you have thoughts behind.

IMO Island Locke and not Island lock aren't really different person, it's just that Locke can finalybe the person he is O-O the other Locke was just the man. He was locked inside himself, and because of that he also got locked into the weelchair (IMO)

but still think that this song would be better for a sufferin claire, or Kate, maybe also Boone.

MAybe it's because the episodes about Locke made me sad, and I don't like him weak. I like him strong (and insane *cough*) like he is on the island, but we're used to see a weak Claire, Kate and Boone.

hmmmaybe a vid with them 3 would also be great XDDD

nja maybe we understand eachother now?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey MoreLight good to have ya back... totally loving your sig LOL Ocean Airlines hehe

I still remember when you critiqued my first couple of vids here aahh good old memories LOL good to have ya back

Warren although I would love to see more Hurley vids I'm not a huge fan of the Barenaked Ladies .. but i'm sure if and when you do this vid I'll still love it However I voted for Chop Suey... coz I like that song and I haven't seen many Locke vids for a while
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: