Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Sawyers World" by apartment42

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: "Sawyers World" by apartment42 Reply with quote

"Sawyers World" 07-13-2005
Its Sawyers world. Everyone else just lives in it.
Song: The Run by Tim Wynn
Vidder: apartment42
Length: 1:51 (15mb mpeg)

Link: http://duchovny.net/apartment42/video/lost-sawyers_world.zip

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we've got yet another 5 star vidder here! Welcome to LVI, and GREAT video!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! Im really not a Sawyer person, and yet I love that vid.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome all I got to say.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was classy I love sawyer

What vid program do you use? it was cool how you stopped the frame and replayed it it looked pretty smooth.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Excellent Video! I first saw this video at apartment 42 site. It's great that it's on mpeg. I can burn it on a disc and play it on my DVD.

Zolie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. Hi! I didn't even know this was added yet. Thank you for the nice comments. I don't usually get much feedback, so any constructive criticism is mucho appreciated.

So, it's not too bizarre? I had no idea what I was trying to achieve, so I'm not that sure if it was successful or not. It just happened.

About the dvd burning. I made them mpg for that purpose, but mine always look like crap. I have terrible tv cable reception so my captures look it.
Zolie - did you try burning it?

Polarbear - I use Premiere 6.5

Thanks again, everyone. One more quick question: I have another old one I was thinking of submitting (I use to have them listed at Lost Digital Archive but they are closing), but I think it's too big for the dialup peeps. 25mb. Is that considered too big for slow modem people?
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Looks like we've got yet another 5 star vidder here! Welcome to LVI, and GREAT video!

ooo damn this was good

speaking of 5 star vidders... I think Nate has a little competion here

Awesome work Deej
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thanks again, everyone. One more quick question: I have another old one I was thinking of submitting (I use to have them listed at Lost Digital Archive but they are closing), but I think it's too big for the dialup peeps. 25mb. Is that considered too big for slow modem people?

Considering that many videos here are 30 MB and bigger I wouldn't worry too much about that, but it might be nice if you could give people two versions to choose from then everyone's happy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Considering that many videos here are 30 MB and bigger I wouldn't worry too much about that, but it might be nice if you could give people two versions to choose from then everyone's happy!

We should have someone go through and make smaller files for dial-up people.

Anyway, as I dsiad earlier, awesome vid
Zolie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deej wrote:

About the dvd burning. I made them mpg for that purpose, but mine always look like crap. I have terrible tv cable reception so my captures look it.
Zolie - did you try burning it?

Yes I have Deej. It looks great BTW. I think the quality is fine. I've burned not only "Sawyer's World", but also the other video you've made, "Beautiful Disaster." That video was so beautiful! I'm not a Skater, but I love Sawyer, and I loved that video soooo much! You're an excellent vidder, and I'm a big fan already.

If only some of these great videos here were in MPEG or AVI, I'd be real happy.

Zolie
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAKE A LOOK at this, I laughed my ass off: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sawyer.php
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Deej! I'm so glad that you've finally started bringing your awesome vids over here to LVI!

Deej wrote:
I have another old one I was thinking of submitting (I use to have them listed at Lost Digital Archive but they are closing), but I think it's too big for the dialup peeps. 25mb. Is that considered too big for slow modem people?

Is that "Beautiful Disaster" you're talking about? *gasp* I LOVE that vid! I try never to boil things down into a favorite vid or favorite vidder because there's just so many that I enjoy, but I have to admit, "Beautiful Disaster" is my all-time favorite Sawyer vid! The lyrics just matched him so well and the editing was dead-on! Don't let this vid die along with Lost Digital Archive! It must live on for other Sawyer fans to enjoy!

*gets down off of soapbox* Uh, sorry about that. Sawyer vids tend to make me get carried away...

Speaking as one of the slow modem dial-uppers of the world, it's really great when a vidder provides a smaller size alternative along with the full sized vid. But I can promise all of my fellow dial-uppers out there that ANY of Deej's vids are worth the time to download, no matter how long it takes!

Oh, and I loved "Sawyer's World" as I told you a long while ago over at L-M. Great use of effects and just an overall great concept for a vid. It has a cool "commercial" feel to it, like it's an ad for a Sawyer spin-off or something!

Hm, a Sawyer spin-off...? I'm liking the sound of that!

Anyway, I really hope you bring "Beautiful Disaster" and "Real Good Man" (another great Sawyer vid ) as well over to LVI! If you'd like to provide smaller versions, that's cool, but don't let worry about people in my position keep you from letting all the Sawyerettes in the world enjoy your incredible vids!

~Aislynn
Deej
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Hey, Deej! I'm so glad that you've finally started bringing your awesome vids over here to LVI!

Deej wrote:
I have another old one I was thinking of submitting (I use to have them listed at Lost Digital Archive but they are closing), but I think it's too big for the dialup peeps. 25mb. Is that considered too big for slow modem people?

Quote:

Is that "Beautiful Disaster" you're talking about? *gasp* I LOVE that vid! I try never to boil things down into a favorite vid or favorite vidder because there's just so many that I enjoy, but I have to admit, "Beautiful Disaster" is my all-time favorite Sawyer vid! The lyrics just matched him so well and the editing was dead-on! Don't let this vid die along with Lost Digital Archive! It must live on for other Sawyer fans to enjoy!

Thanks Aislynn. I must be the only one who *doesn't* like it. It's so
hard to do 3 minute plus vids without enough clips! Too many static head shots
and not enough action. I think I've revised that one 4 times since I put
it up. I find it artistically boring. Hee.

Quote:

*gets down off of soapbox* Uh, sorry about that. Sawyer vids tend to make me get carried away...

Speaking as one of the slow modem dial-uppers of the world, it's really great when a vidder provides a smaller size alternative along with the full sized vid. But I can promise all of my fellow dial-uppers out there that ANY of Deej's vids are worth the time to download, no matter how long it takes!

Shut up! You're making me blush.

Quote:

Oh, and I loved "Sawyer's World" as I told you a long while ago over at L-M. Great use of effects and just an overall great concept for a vid. It has a cool "commercial" feel to it, like it's an ad for a Sawyer spin-off or something!

Hm, a Sawyer spin-off...? I'm liking the sound of that!

Thanks! That's sort of what I was visualizing in my head when I was doing
it. Sort of like a Sawyer promo. I'm better with short concept pieces than
long form vids. The clips available just don't match a lot of lyrics. And I'm terrible at finding music. My favs are always instrumental pieces.

Quote:

Anyway, I really hope you bring "Beautiful Disaster" and "Real Good Man" (another great Sawyer vid ) as well over to LVI! If you'd like to provide smaller versions, that's cool, but don't let worry about people in my position keep you from letting all the Sawyerettes in the world enjoy your incredible vids!

~Aislynn

Well, there just ain't enough Sawyer vids in the world, are there!?
I am, however, working on a new S/K vid. It's become a bitch, though.
I switched to Premiere Pro, and I hate it! Why is it every time new software comes out they have to go and change where they put things!
Some day it will be done.

Thanks again!
deej
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: