Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Consequences Oct Contest" by nikkimonique
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: "Consequences Oct Contest" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Consequences Oct Contest" 10-06-2008
October 2008 contest submission.Twelve year old Aaron is pulled into Kate and Jacks dark world. Warning, contains brief nudity. Thanks to Kat for the pretty vid pic.
Song: Consequences by John Ottman
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 4:30 (75mb mov)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKbEkphKGIs
http://www.zshare.net/video/20118120caf651f6/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Pay It Forward!! I love that movie!! the whole time i was watching this i was thinking 'goddam nikki is smart...but i hope she doesnt use that last scene..." and then you did!! but it was soooooooooooooo good. i think its possibly my favourite one you've ever done. I didn't really want the Skate to happen but then i loved the way it transpired; Kate cheating with Sawyer and Jack walking in and then the convo with Jack and Kate about him not knowing if he could be the husband/father he wants to be. and omg; that scene with Aaron telling him he only likes people he can get drunk with and Jacks "That is not true." was sooo good. and the end with Kate's crying and the empty room wonderful video; perfect for this comp I knew you'd bang out a fantastic entry!!

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Consequences Oct Contest by nikkimonique Reply with quote

WOW, that was really awesome Nikki! I loved the end when Jack got out his car. Soo sad though But really cool. All the manipulations were really realistic Really great work! Good luck in the contest!
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Consequences Oct Contest by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Nikki, you almost made me cry. So good. So clever. And omg, so true. Loved the scene when Jack and Kate fight and Aaron goes back to his room. Love many many more but I am currently at the loss for words. Good luck in the contest hun :*
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was excellent, Nikki! OMG your manipped scenes were so true and amazing..the whole love triangle with Sawyer/Kate/Jack and then all of the Aaron were all edited so well. Extremely well done! Good luck in the contest

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat, Wow, thanks for such an awesome comment! I was watching Pay it Forward on tv and I was like....OMG, I have to make him Aaron! haha! But you had to know I was going to end it that way b/c of the contest...haha! its so nice of you to say its your favorite that I've done...that made me smile!

Jemma, thanks! I'm glad you think it was realistic b/c I thought some of the manips looked odd.

Ali, almost making someone cry is always good...haha *evil laugh* no I'm glad you liked it so much! Thanks for your comment!

Kate, glad you enjoyed the love triangle! I always have fun with that!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
buffyfan145
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Consequences - Oct Contest by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Wow!!! Nikki, that was really well done!!! GREAT job with this and that little boy as Aaron worked!!! Good Luck with the Contest!!!
lozza19910
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Consequences - Oct Contest by nikkimonique Reply with quote

WOW OMG AMAZING!!!!! I really lv how you used that little boy as Aaron!!!! THE END WAS WOW GOOD LUCK IN THE CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!! Im nearly finished my Skate video!!!
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Consequences - Oct Contest by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Cool! All the manips were really good. Soo sad tho! Good luck in the contest!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Elyse, Laura and Amanda! I'm glad you thought that Haley Joel Osment worked well for Aaron! Oh and Laura....can't wait for your Skate vid...the first version I saw was very good...I'm sure its even cooler now!

fabri086
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Nikki fantastic video! I think you re really good in making dark vids, this one is awesome, definitely your bestest love how you used that little boy from Pay it Forward, he really looks like Aaron! great job with all the AU scenes, but this is obvious, and the running dialogue, love when Jack tells Kate he doesn t know if he could be a good husband and father ..and then her telling him she s sorry! awww.. actually I was surprised to see Sawyer in it, but he didn t bother me at all, and now I think he was useful to the whole story Oh, awesome ending, too, Kate crying in Aaron s room.. perfect!!

Good luck in the contest, really hope you ll place in it gold from me btw

Last edited by fabri086 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Consequences - Oct Contest by nikkimonique Reply with quote

WOW that was so out of this world awesomelytastical, I loved it Nikki!!! Wowsome story & manips, especially the bits with Aaron, I can't pick out a specific fav. b/c I loved them all! Also, the scene where Jack finds Kate and Sawyer, t'was fab!!! And of course the ending! Lol basically, I loved it all, very girpping! Good Luck in the contest (although I don't think you'll need it ) and obviously gold!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabri, thanks so much sweetie! I put Sawyer in there to show how desperately Kate wanted to get Jack's attention. I don't know if a lot of people got it. But basically she wanted to get caught. That's why I put that scene in there where Sawyer says, "At least be woman enough to admit you want to use me for something." Poor Sawyer.

Emma, I'm so happy you liked the scene when Jack catches them! Haha...that was really tricky to manip and I'm still not that happy with it so its great to hear people say they liked it! Thanks for gold and for your sweet comment.

Killers Angel Eyes
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Consequences - Oct Contest by nikkimonique Reply with quote

That was amazing. I love AU videos. And your manips were fantastic.
Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Consequences - Oct Contest by nikkimonique Reply with quote

WOW!
This was so great!! Loooooved the storyline! And you did it perfectly! Sooo sad! Poor Aaron!
everything is perfect in this video... The audios, the manipulations... everything! Loved the ending with Jack seeing Aaron and going after him! And then Kate crying in his bedroom... again... so sad... and dark!
Superb vid, Nikki!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: