Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transitions in sony Vegas 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juandan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Transitions in sony Vegas 7 Reply with quote

Hi, can you please tell me how to slow down a transition, when I play the fly in/out transition it fly's in to fast I want to slow it down
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stretching it out should do it. You know when you drag a transition onto a clip, drag the sides of the transition along further; that should slow it down.

hopefully this pic helps

juandan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, I couldn't do what you suggested I don't what I'm doing wrong, if I could just have the transitions at the same speed as they appear when you hover on them I'd be happy, when I drag the transition to the video clip and play it back, the transition doesn't play back at the same speed its much quicker, I assumed the transition would play back at the same speed as it appears when you hover on them
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "longer" you make the part where the two clips intersect where the transition is, the slower the transition will go. So after you put the transition on the clip, you can drag the second clip back into the first and that will give you a longer "run time" for lack of a better thing to call it for the transition.

The problem that you can have is that you run out of clip and sort of use it all up trying to get the transition to last longer. In that case you can either pull back on the start of the second clip and extend the end of the first clip, so that you have more time for the transition to go slower without taking up all of the important part of your clip. Or if that's not a good solution, like if there's a completely different scene that's at the end of the first clip or beginning of the second and you've got it trimmed as closely as you can do it without it switching to some other scene entirely (which can look messy), then you can slow both of the clips down a bit to give you more time to run a slower transition.

To get a better idea of what we're talking about, try sliding your second clip back into the first and you should see that the transition goes a lot more slowly. Then if you pull the second clip back to the right so that the two clips are only overlapping a very little bit, the transition will go by very quickly. It's the overlap of the clips that controls the speed of the transition.

I hope that makes sense! (And I seriously hope this works the same in Vegas 7 as it does in my Vegas Movie Studio 6! )
juandan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That did the trick, I've been trying to do that for agers, thank you so much,
and thanks to all for your help, you have a great forum and Bonny girls to
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: