Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Yeah, I don't want them to kill anyone off either because...they've got so few characters they could stand to lose! I mean, no matter who dies they'll probably have a pretty bad fan reaction...I mean, unless it was one of the new guys, but apparently it's gonna be a character who's been around for awhile...

art by me&tammy
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was definitely not aware that the finale was next week! Noes! I'll miss Heroes...it was just getting good too....

Tonight's episode was awesomesauce. I LOVED the bits with Peter and Sylar. (I'm losing hope for Syhindlar. I think we shippers are a dying breed. *morphs to Pylar shipper* But that doesn't mean I don't ship Sylar with anyone else. I also ship him with Claire. And Elle. He's just so darn shippable.)

Did everyone see the promo for next week??

Spoiler:

Sylar: I'm a hero.
That makes me sooooo happy!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

In tonights episode....
Sylar: *picks up a sledgehammer*
Elyse: I BET HE'S GOING TO RUN DRAMATICALLY AT PETER BUT ACTUALLY HIT THE WALL WITH THE HAMMER.
Me: Good theory! Let's see if it plays out!
Sylar: *runs dramatically at Peter with the sledgehammer but actually hits the wall*

I loved the moment when Peter brought Sylar that book....so cute! "This is very kind of you, Peter, thank you." XD He's so formal. It cracks me up.

*bounces around* Can't wait to see the finale! Hope Heroes pulls a good one this time....

art by me&tammy
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
In tonights episode....
Sylar: *picks up a sledgehammer*
Elyse: I BET HE'S GOING TO RUN DRAMATICALLY AT PETER BUT ACTUALLY HIT THE WALL WITH THE HAMMER.
Me: Good theory! Let's see if it plays out!
Sylar: *runs dramatically at Peter with the sledgehammer but actually hits the wall*

I loved the moment when Peter brought Sylar that book....so cute! "This is very kind of you, Peter, thank you." XD He's so formal. It cracks me up.

*bounces around* Can't wait to see the finale! Hope Heroes pulls a good one this time....

I loved that "let's run dramatically at Peter but actually hit the wall with the sledgehammer" moment!

Sylar is so funny when he's kinda of unsure how to react so he goes all formal, lol!

I was surprised that I basically really enjoyed this season. I thought that after what happened with Elle last season *pauses for a moment of silence for all of the lost Syelle awesomeness* that I wouldn't ever really get into things again. I really wasn't looking forward to the whole carnival thing either but then it turned out that I did get into it and I found Samuel, Edgar *draws hearts around Ray Park* and Lydia interesting (though I had to wonder why they kept trying to get Robert Knepper to stick to that accident, it was more of a shock when it would suddenly come back for a few lines then disappear again, lol! ).

Finale talk, just in case somebody still hasn't seen it.

Spoiler:

Even though they said this was meant to be a season finale, it felt really designed to work as a series finale, bringing things back around full circle to Claire's "attempt number..." thing. And in some ways this would be a good place to stop, Sylar's finally figured out how to be a hero, Hiro and Charlie's storyline was resolved *sniffle* and many of the issues were dealt with in one way or another by this time.

I'm not sure if I want to see what they'll try to pull next year, whether they'll go for the "Five Years Gone" future now that people will know about those with abilities. I wonder if they'll try to have Sylar stick to being good or is he going to "relapse" and go from being Peter's best buddy to trying to slice 'n' dice him (ala Elle *EPIC SADFACE*).

Whatever they do if they DO get another year, I'm sure I'll still watch. I figure I've stuck with the good, the bad and the "GEEZ, WHAT ARE THEY THINKING???" so I'll stay with it the rest of the way. I figure you almost have to look at Heroes like it's a series of fanfics written by different authors, each having their own "vision" of things that don't have much continuity with each other. (Interesting way to run a TV show but oh well... )

Anyway, I was a little surprised that the final fight came down to basically Samuel vs Peter while everybody else just sorta stood around. I was expecting a little more ensemble fighting to go on (and I really expected Edgar to go after Samuel a LOT more directly for killing Lydia, that surprised me that it got brushed aside with a bunch of other things, like they just ran out of time). HRG's line about Claire breaking his heart was great *sniffles* though I kept waiting for somebody to zoom up there and stop her. I LOVED Sylar trying to have this total epiphany moment with Peter about being a hero and Peter was ignoring him, lol!

So did anybody else watch? ♥!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it, it didn't really seem like a series finale to me. Apart from the stuff you mentioned, Ais! There was some closure there, I suppose But particularly with the Claire thing, I feel like that was a bit of a cliffhanger (but she seemed really attention seeking to me, what the Hell was she thinking?! ) The Sylar stuff didn't actually impress me too much either. This already happened in S3 and it didn't stick. So I think if they (HOPEFULLY) do get a new season *fingers crossed* they might even stick with Sylar as a "hero" (though I hope he isn't too chummy with all the other people he's wronged in the past, particularly Peter) and bring in a new villain. I quite liked Samuel, I hope he comes back. And it was a shame about Danko, they could have brought him back too. Anyway, it was a good ep, especially the Peter/Emma <3<3 So I'm just hoping Volume 6 will continue, if not only for the Pemma goodness (totally get a kick out of the fact "pemma" would be Peter's and my ship name too, LOL )
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemma/Peter = the new Pemma. (Emma who? ) Hahahaha.

Heroes finales NEVER feel like finales to me, so I think this is maybe the best we coulda hoped for.

I somehow feel like they might stick to the hero!Sylar thing this time because a) he's had so much time to change with the 5 years he was stuck in his mind and b) we've got a new villain, Samuel, who I think will stick around for next season. So I'm thrilled about Sylar finally realizing he CAN be good - I loved what he did with Doyle at the end - "What do you think? I like it!"

Claire, Claire, Claire....*shakes head* I just wish she'd make up her mind. DO YOU WANT TO PRETEND TO BE NORMAL, OR DON'T YOU??? Oh well, guess there's no going back now.....wish she'd listen to HRG, though, he knows what he's talking abou. *headdesk*

I hope they get another season. I like this show even with all its silliness.

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Eryn!

That's true. I was hoping it would be like a S1 ending where all the characters were present and they all pitched in to defeat the villain. Instead it was only Peter Vs. Samuel, like Ais said. But it was still a pretty cool fight Is it wrong I kind of like Samuel? I always sort of loved/hated him but the last few episodes he sort of showed the real him. He seems like a real psycho, yet I think it would be great if they brought him back, lol

The Sylar being a hero thing, I'm kinda on the fence about that. I didn't mind it so much in S3, in fact, I quite liked it back then. But now I just have a real dislike of him. Ever since Nathan, I find it hard to believe Peter or any of the other characters would forgvie him. But I've always thought he's been the villain for WAY too long so I guess this might be a nice change of pace. I really can't imagine him sticking as the Hero though I just wish he had made this decision BEFORE deciding to kill Nathan ;_;

Oh, Claire -_- I agree with you about her. She's always whining and complaining about being normal and then she goes and does that?!?! I can't believe she just ignored her father like that, and after everything! After the future Peter's been warned off!! I wonder how that will play out...

*crosses fingers for another season, despite all the WTFness and cheesiness*
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously? Heroes too? I wish we could've had a 13 episode wrap up.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it's gone Although we might get a 2 or 4 hr special to wrap things up. Was really hoping for that 13 episode finale season though
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK if it's because of it happening at the same time as Lost ending but I'm more sad about this than I thought. I'd stood by it through some very bad times and it had started getting good again. It's sad the network won't invest a little faith in the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: