Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mohinder was the shiz. And what, now he's just gone with no explanation? He's MIA??? We should send out a search party!!

I miss Nathan too. Maybe they'll find a non-fail way to bring him back....I'll miss the Petrelli brother-ness!

Fake!Sylar in Matt's mind won. At life. He was friggin hilarious....better than resurrected!Sylar who can't remember anything. HEY, HEROES - AMNESIA STORYLINES FAIL. Exhibit A: Season Two, Peter's storyline.

....Also I apparently say "fail" a lot. And "win." XD

art by me&tammy
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost like Heroes is a really just a big set of fanfiction, one story is about Sylar and Elle, then you have a story about Sylar as amnesia victim, then there's fake!Sylar haunting Matt, then there's all of the stories from previous seasons and it's like they're just these different versions of the characters from a bunch of different writers and there's not supposed to be any continuity between them... A really strange way to run a TV series, lol!

That said, I've been enjoying this season a lot more than I thought I would. Maybe the lack of continuity and that sort of "fanfic feel" actually helps in that way. Otherwise I'd still be sitting here brooding over Sylar and Elle and how that all turned out.

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so true, Ais! You've got it spot on. xD It totally does seem like this season is a page from fanfiction.net with the character set to "Sylar". Things mostly seem to be going on with him. lol

But, like you, I actually am enjoying this season a lot for some reason. I mean, it's still pretty bad, but I actually like watching it, unlike last season, where it got to be a little too much for me and I gave up early on in volume 4. hehe Right before the episode with his dad, I think (Lionel Luthor!)
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee, glad to hear that my fanfiction theory works for you, too, Sassy! That just popped in my head how it was like reading a bunch of different takes on the same characters, "now, let's see what it would be like if we redeemed Sylar! Here's a story about him being a ghost haunting Matt! Now here's one where Sylar joins the circus..." It just made me think about how you can read a bunch of different fics on the same characters and they're all vastly different from each other with (obviously ) no continuity between the 'verses each writer created other than the basics.

Somehow that kinda made me more okay with how Heroes has just been all over the place in all of these years, I guess!

I'd still love for them to bring Claude back but I seriously doubt that'll ever happen. But I sure did love him! ♥!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol It's funny, when I was watching the last episode, for a second I thought Claude was going to be there at the end! Ya know, when the invisible girl was at the carnival? I was like "ooh, someone invisible is there! Is it Claude?!" And then it was just that sorority girl. xD I have no idea why my mind jumped to him first, since he's been gone forever, and Peter also has invisibility... but alas.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know, that would've been so cool! *petitions for Claude's return*
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, you guys are right about the fanfic thing. Tis true though....I too am enjoying this season more than I expected to.

Was I like the only person on the planet who *didn't* like Claude? Haha, I dunno why....he just bugged me.

art by me&tammy
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you're not the only one, Eryn. xD I didn't feel either way at first, and then he grew on me. ;D He was interesting.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably has to do with how tough he was on Peter, I'd wager. I don't think that endeared him to the Peter!fans... I just found him interesting, though. And of course in finding out more about Christopher Eccleston, that ended up getting me interested in Doctor Who and thus into fangirling a brand new fandom! So in a roundabout way, I attribute all of the wonderful DW things to Claude because without him, I never would've probably tried DW. [/end "Aislynn: my life in fandom" - a true story]
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, that was prolly why I didn't like him.... Hehe, I am most definitely a Peter Petrelli fan....

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Peter fan and I liked Claude Maybe it's 'cause I already kinda liked Chris Eccleston but I kinda liked how he bullied Peter to become stronger (sorry, Pete)

I'm really enjoying this season - I think it's a lot better. There's lots of things I'm noticing - litte things - that make it so much better and different to the last seasons.

And I think it's so funny how all these characters from Veronica Mars are popping up in Heroes: Kristen Bell, Francis Capra, the new invisible girl was a main character in S2...but I guess that's only cool if you're a fan of VM I just think it's funny
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And on today's episode of Heroes, Sylar joins a cult....

I'm excited for next week to see Charlie again! Awww. But I really think Hiro needs to stop time-traveling....he gets on my nerves a bit with all this "lalala, i'ma time travel even though it's killing me" thing. XD

Hm. Not much else to say. EXCEPT OMG I WAS TERRIFIED WHEN PETER GOT SHOT!! But then he was okay so all was well....

Spoiler:

I was worried because I've heard that a male character who's been a regular since season one is going to get killed off....could just be Hiro, but you never know....

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't think he can help it He thinks it's destiny transporting him to fix his problems. Who knows, maybe it is? Still, YAY Charlie!!

I loved Peter getting shot *evil laugh* Even though I had my hands over my mouth and was all But that scene was great. His reaction afterwards xD

I still love Emma. Just needs to be said

Spoiler:

Oh and I hear Hiro gets cured I would absolutely HATE it if he died! Maybe the male death was a trick and it's actually Nathan? Since he "died" again?

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Well, I HOPE it's just Nathan....I don't want them killing off anyone else....except maybe Matt, he can go anytime, but based on the promo for next week, looks like he's got something going on.

I also hear (dunno how reliable this is) but I HEAR that Mohinder's going to come back and play a key role or something....

So I'm a little worried about HRG. I dunno. I hope they're psyching us out and they're just talking about Nathan....

Emma is the best new character they've had in a looonnnnngggg time. Best one since, like, Monica. And Elle. Thousand times better than Maya and Alejandro.

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Yay Mohinder!

I don't want them to get rid of anyone! They can't get rid of Nathan and Noah. They're like the go to guys for interesting plots...well, I mean..Volume 4 wouldn't have happened without them, would it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: