Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that's how Peter survives, by flying. But it's still pretty terrifying being sucked out of a plane, I think you would react that way even if you COULD fly.

Although I also heard Peter has some form of his dad's power and can only absorb one power at once O_o Which would mean if he has Mo's power, he won't be able to fly. Don't like that!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
Although I also heard Peter has some form of his dad's power and can only absorb one power at once O_o Which would mean if he has Mo's power, he won't be able to fly. Don't like that!

Oh, that would suck! He did have to touch Mohinder to get his power, didn't he? Before he just absorbed it from being nearby...

But I guess that would keep Peter from having a giant collection of powers like Sylar has, which is good for drama, lol!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how Peter is capable of having more than one power just through being with another person (I think maybe he touched Mohinder's hand for effect? Hopefully!) I also like how that makes it so he and Sylar have an advantage over the others. It's like Good vs. Evil, he's the only one that has a good chance of fighting Sylar off.

But if I'm wrong and the other theory is correct-that he can only absorb one power at a time-then I guess it's the writers way of trying to limit Peter's powers. Someone on LJ also said that I think. In S1 he finally learnt how to use his powers and control them, which made him unstoppable. They tried to get rid of that through the amnesia in S2, then Arthur taking his powers in S3 and now this I really hope that isn't the case though!
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plane crashes disturb me

That whole end scene was really disturbing, but I have to say, it was probably one of the most intense & beautiful shots this show has ever done. I didn't think they were even capable of anything really poignant. What really got me was when Hiro was screaming...that almost made me cry....

I'm still not too sure what to think about the new volume, but I definitely think it has some potential. I like Zelko Unpronounceable Last Name, he's definitely going to be intriguing. I'm kind of sad they're turning Nathan into a douche, but now that Linderman & Arthur are gone, and Sylar is off doing is own thing, they do need to have a villain. And Nathan has always been kind of adverse to the whole power thing, so it's just kind of natural that he would eventually fill this role...

But I think the best part was Sylar's ass-whooping of the guys trying to capture him. I love how they shot him with a million darts and tethered him like he was a freaking horse...that was great...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last scene was pretty awesome, but come on... ripping off Lost much? They've been doing it the whole show (and ripping off X-Men too) but this episode made it a little obvious. But I still love it. The episode as a whole was pretty interesting.

I kinda like that Sylar is off finding his father... mostly cuz I can't wait for them to meet. I wonder if finding his father will straighten him out a bit? Nah, I have a feeling he'll just reinforce his darkness. Mwahaha. Or maybe I'm just thinking of Lionel... hehe

I think that Arthur taking Peter's powers kinda messed him up, cuz it does seem that he can only have one at a time. Even Nathan seemed to know that. He asked him what power he had and Peter said what did he see him do last, so it's kind of implied... that would be interesting. At least he's limited a bit. I love that Peter had all kinds of powers, but ya know, it IS cheating. lol He's basically unstoppable. I guess unless you cut off his head or something...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, sad! I don't want my Peter to only have one power at a time! Oh well...I'll love him whatever happens.

I agree - the end of that episode with the shot of the plane was beautiful. Poor Hiro! And I loved Mohinder grabbing Peter's hand to stop him flying out the plane.

I hope Sylar does meet up with the rest of the Heroes at some point this volume. I'm kinda interested to see his dad, but I'm more interested to see how he'd act with the rest of them now - he seems to be off his brain-eating kick, but what would he do? Is he a good guy? Bad guy? Just on his own? Eeep, it'll be so fun to see where they take his character now!

Aww, I don't want Nathan to be a douche, either, Abby. I think he thinks he's doing the right thing, so if he realizes how bad this is he'll come back to the good side. I need to get working on my Nathan character study....good scenes from this ep.

Totally can't wait for next week, this volume will be amazing!

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I found out that "The Hunter" was Juliet's ex husband
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heehee, yeah, he was! I thought that was funny, too.

icon by becca
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
Heh, I found out that "The Hunter" was Juliet's ex husband

Oh, d'oh, I knew I knew who he was but I didn't place him until you said that! *facepalm*
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahhaaa, Heroes is on in 45 minutes! *runs spastically because she is bored*

art by me&tammy
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And wahaa, that was an awesome episode! *runs in more circles*

Spoiler:

Someone give me a hug and tell me they're not going to kill Mohinder off. They can't kill my Mohinder! He's my favorite at the moment!

I love HRG. He's awesome.

And I LOL'd at Mohinder and Matt. They were arguing like an old married couple. And Peter was like their emo teenage son who ran the errands to get away from his parents fighting. Anyway. Yeah. Loved this ep.

art by me&tammy
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, last night's episode was pure amazing!

Awww, at the end with Nathan saving Claire. ^^

Sylar continues to be awesome. Even my dad has finally decided to like him....even though he still calls him "head-slicer."

Only bad part was my two favorite characters were mysteriously ABSENT from this episode!! Where are my Peter and Mohinder? At least Hiro and Ando are back, YAY!

Ahh, Heroes is getting awesome again. I love it.

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the lack of Peter was painfully obvious =P Poor guy's all alone now Trio Badass are over with

I loved the end with Nathan and Claire! I thought Nathan might have got her! Ahaha, I love it.

I am confused. Is Luke Sylar's brother or not? I got the impression that they had the same father but I'm unsure...
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Luke is Sylar's brother. I think somehow Luke and Sylar's father just hung out a lot once upon a time...for some reason...I wasn't clear on why.

I wonder what Peter's up to? Didn't he give the tapes of people being loaded onto the plane to the media?

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought it was strange that after abandoning Sylar, his father went and hung out with somebody elses' kid O_O It would also make more sense with Sylar's "Because you're living half a block down from my father if that's a coincidence then God's improved his sense of humour" comment :s

Yep he did. He's in real trouble if Danko finds him! Maybe he'll team up with Hiro and Ando.

Did you see the promo for next week?
Spoiler:

OMG! Janice and little Matt Parkman!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: