Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Fade to Black" by NepEnut
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: "Fade to Black" by NepEnut Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Fade to Black" 09-21-2008
September 2008 contest submission. Ben is haunted by the ghosts of his childhood, the decisions hes made and the people hes lost along the way.
Song: Black by Sarah McLachlan
Vidder: NepEnut
Length: 3:59 (14.6MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4_rFyx-0oU
http://media.putfile.com/Fade-to-Black-67-40

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW ABBY! You really out did yourself on this one! I'm very amazed! I love how haunted Ben is in this video...you did a beautiful job portraying that with your editing. I LOVED how you worked Juliet and Jack into and I got chills at the "mistakes they no nothing of." and you showed FF Jack... Super effective! And then the ending was my absolute fav b/c it looked so awesome and the audio at the end was just too perfect and chilling!! Good luck in the contest although I don't think you need it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh this was fantastic! What a character study..you used such great Ben clips. It was unique, dark and twisted, and I loved it! Good luck in the contest

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oo Abby this is defintely my favourite of your videos. The audio at the beginning was really cool gonna have to tell me how you got the effects there cause I wanted to make it tinny sounded but had no clue before Visually it was really pretty aswell and your beat use was cool. Didn't care for the repeating of clips at the end but I think I'm gonna go with gold
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Didn't care for the repeating of clips at the end but I think I'm gonna go with gold

that was one of m y favorite parts Paul...lol But yeah I agree with you on the gold!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
foxy9
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was really powerful!! I loved the voices at the beginning and the overlays of Alex and Ben. I'm with Nikki, I liked the end with the repeating clips too!! Great job!!

xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow you certainly have stepped up your game!!!!! Awesome job, makes my ben videos look naff compared LOL

i loved the whole thing the colouring (made the video more darker and edgy) the audio the beat use the transitions. How do did you make the sounds at the beginning seem differenent. I've seen it done on other vids but i not worked now one out? LOL

this is really good abby!!! really good. i've faved it on youtube gold from me

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
buffyfan145
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Fade to Black by NepEnut Reply with quote

WOW!!! That was a fantastic Ben vid!!! Awesome job with everything!!! Good Luck in the contest!!!
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap! What an overwhelming response!! I'm so glad you guys liked this one so much! This one was definitely a challenge, but it was a lot of fun too.

Nikki - Awwww! You are too sweet. I'm really glad you liked it. I really like how that line turned out as well - I'm so glad you totally got what I was going for!! Thanks for your comment!!

Kate - Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you liked it - dark and twisted ws what I was going for. Glad to know I accomplished that

Paul - Yay! I impressed you! I feel special now I'm glad you liked the audio in the beginning, that was really fun to do. PM me and I'll tell you how. I don't know what version of Vegas you have, but if it's the 8.0 Pro, it's pretty easy to do. I'm sorry you didn't care for the repeating stuff at the end - my reasoning behind that one was basically to show how those events (alex, keamy, having to move the island) have impacted Ben more than anything else and keep repeating through his mind. I just thought it was cool But I'm super glad you liked everything else

Foxy - Thanks so much!! Glad you enjoyed!

Sophie - Awwww!! You're so sweet! I'm really happy you enjoyed. I can tell you too how I did the audio. Like I said, it's pretty easy. Btw - your Ben vids are totally awesome!! Especially your contest vid - I loved it!!

Buffy - Thanks so much!!

And thanks again everyone for your sweet comments!!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Fade to Black by NepEnut Reply with quote

Wow wow wow! I don't usually watch Ben vids, but this one is pretty amazing! I loved the beginning and your beat use - it really got good at about 2:20! Gold of course!!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Fade to Black by NepEnut Reply with quote

WOW that was totally awesome Abby, I LOVED it! I think my favourite bits were the beginning with all the cool audio, and the bit at 2:12 with all the b&w flashy bits...ooh and the end was fab too! Awesome beat use and colouring too...gold obv.
LostAngel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Fade to Black by NepEnut Reply with quote

Great Ben character study! Loved the intro with that audio and the ending was also brilliantly done as well
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Fade to Black by NepEnut Reply with quote

wow! what a great ben video! i really loved the voiceovers at the beginning whilst he lay in bed and the very end with the juliet voiceover was clever too. just a beautiful and creepy vid that shows ben's character really well. Gold! xCfx
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Fade to Black by NepEnut Reply with quote

Duuuuuuuuuuuude, intimidating much?! lol, amazing vid. The voiceovers were the best. And I loved your beat use. It was creepy and it suited so awesomely Fantastic job
eleprue
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Fade to Black by NepEnut Reply with quote

Amazing... *.*
No words... *.*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: