Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Couple of Requests...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
awff7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Weee!!! Reply with quote

Oh man, I am downloading the Time's Scar video right now. I don't even care that the person got the title wrong. I LOVE YOU, PERSON!

58 minutes to go!

Locke really does remind me of the ol' Pacster, especially the orange peel scene at the beginning of the season. So cute!

Btw, I have another request. This song has GOT to be made into a music video!

Cells by The Servant. I have links here:

http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1RM0OEYRFBIH212T0JCEE27V9Q
http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3Q2E2H036026W2GFXJVCU4SSBF
http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1PRTQJF9648M62Z8LVKS1MZ1QR

Or try it here:

http://www.hostima.net/awff7/Cells-The%20Servant.mp3

The lyrics are:

It's all click when the mortgage clears
All our fears will disappear
Now you go to bed
I'm staying here
I've got another level that I want to clear
My skin feels like orange peel
My eyes have been vacuum-sealed
My organs move like a squirm of eels
We should be more adventurous with our meals
They annoy me those who employ me
The could destroy me
The should enjoy me
We eat Chinese off our knees
And look for each other in the TV screen

The sun goes up and the sun goes down
I drag myself into the town
All I do I want to do with you
Everyday I'm at my desk
At my desk I'm like the rest

On the city's skin they move on mass
Like a rash on the back of a manky cat
Now in I go like a fool
I can't resist dipping in the pool
I watch them watch me I watch them too
Across the street, across the room
I dress myself like a charcoal sketch
My eyes are brown my hair's a mess
They annoy me those who employ me
They could destroy me
They should enjoy me
We eat Chinese off our knees
And look for each other in the TV screen

The sun goes up the sun goes down
I drag myself into the town
All I do I an to do with you
Everyday I'm at my desk
At my desk I'm like the rest
The sun goes up …

The cells I am at the moment will soon die
But I will be here
Oh I'll still be here
The cells I am at the moment will soon die
But I will be here
Oh I'll still be here
The sun goes up …

Everyday, everyday, everyday…

<end>

Yeah, so what do you think? I think the music video would be great if the scenes follow the instrumental part of the song (which I love!). I would like the video to be about the whole cast, but ANY kind of video made with this song I would probably love. Oh, and include Locke scenes for some of the lyrics (especially the "orange peel" and "They annoy me those who employ me" and "Everyday I'm at my desk; At my desk I'm like the rest" lyrics). In fact, I think this would make a great Locke song if it weren't for the romantic aspect of it. The music also sounds kind of city-ish, but I'm sure someone can work the jungle into it.

Btw, a great video that uses this song (only the instrumental part, though) is the Sin City movie trailer that's available for viewing at http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/sin_city/.
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already shooting my mouth off about doing one to this song. I love the cells and my girl sent me the trailer to sin city a while back--it would make an awesome video--but the eat chinese off our knees could be awkward if i flash to jin-
1. he is korean
2. off our knees wink wink

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
awff7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Cells Reply with quote

I think a Jin scene would be dead-on if it was used with the lyrics "We should be more adventurous with our meals."

The Chinese thing is tough, unless there is a scene in Lost that actually has a character eating Chinese food, or something like that. It'll definitely be...hmm...awkward, to say the least, haha.
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU JEBUS!!!! As you might have noticed (see side pic) I'm DYING for this movie to be here already. After I saw the trailer about nine times in a row when it first hit the internet this song was blaring in my head everywhere I went but I had no idea who did it. I thought maybe it had been something Rodgriguez himself did since he's into music. He's got a keen ear for coon tunes. There's a song on OUTIM called Pistolero that is pretty awesome too. But yeah thanks. Made my day. Seriously.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!

Last edited by JakeNRoland on Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note to Sin City, if anyone is interested I made a simple collage of the posters for a wallpaper image. It's on my site under Jake's Fakes.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Cells Reply with quote

awff7 wrote:
I think a Jin scene would be dead-on if it was used with the lyrics "We should be more adventurous with our meals."

The Chinese thing is tough, unless there is a scene in Lost that actually has a character eating Chinese food, or something like that. It'll definitely be...hmm...awkward, to say the least, haha.

Luckily I specialize in awkward. BooYEAH. Jake I knew i knew where your avatar was from. I thought i was losing it LOL-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Hey JAKE Reply with quote

LOL since you are obsessed did you want to use cells for a video? I'm giving and really want to see what you use for eating chineese off our knees-laura

Jake's Twin
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you kindly, Laura, but IF I did do that song I would have to track down the instrumental. I dig the regular, but after the Sin City trailer, the instrumental is the only one for me. Plus, as mentioned before, don't care for that Chinese hang-up thing. Ran into that a few times trying to think of cool songs for Sun and/or Jin. Why couldn't Bowie just say "Little Asian Girl"? Or why can't River's from Weezer have a strange fetish for Korean women instead of Japanese ones? But yeah, if you want it Laura it's yours. I got my eyes peeled though for an instrumental.

LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
Thank you kindly, Laura, but IF I did do that song I would have to track down the instrumental. I dig the regular, but after the Sin City trailer, the instrumental is the only one for me. Plus, as mentioned before, don't care for that Chinese hang-up thing. Ran into that a few times trying to think of cool songs for Sun and/or Jin. Why couldn't Bowie just say "Little Asian Girl"? Or why can't River's from Weezer have a strange fetish for Korean women instead of Japanese ones? But yeah, if you want it Laura it's yours. I got my eyes peeled though for an instrumental.

Can't wait for that. Ok going to attempt it. See you all in 6 months or so when its done-l

Jake's Twin
awff7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch the Sin City trailer constantly because the instrumental is so great. I hope the band or the Sin City soundtrack will have an instrumental version of the song.

Yeah, Laura, the video and song is all yours. I can't make videos because I don't have the tools to do it, but I can help you in terms of scenes, if you need any (which I don't think you need ).
awff7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you are all such fast posters! Ignore my last post, lol.
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awff7 wrote:
I watch the Sin City trailer constantly because the instrumental is so great. I hope the band or the Sin City soundtrack will have an instrumental version of the song.

Yeah, Laura, the video and song is all yours. I can't make videos because I don't have the tools to do it, but I can help you in terms of scenes, if you need any (which I don't think you need ).

If you have any ideas give them to me. Starting it right now so anyone who has any ideas they would be much appreciated-laura

Jake's Twin
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Laura... make it cool. That's my suggestion. I know it will help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: