Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying Sony Vegas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigA108
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Buying Sony Vegas Reply with quote

HI, i know this is kind of random, but I'm kind of new and I was wondering if anyone could answer my question.
I've made 4 vids on here already, all were with WMM except one. I'm involved with the TV program at my school so I use Adobe Premiere there but all i have at home is WMM. i made one vid with Sony Vegas and even though it was a little different I really liked it and I see so many great vids made with it on here. So my question is, does everyone on here who has it, buy it? I've looked it up and it's so much money and I can't really afford it right now. i've been having problems with WMM and have to check to make sure it isn't my computer. Does anybody have any suggestions for other good programs that aren't so expensive or a way i could get Sony Vegas. Thanks

BigA108
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you do theoretically have to buy it unless you know those naughty ways or know someone who can get it for you which is what I had as my dad's friend is a computer whizz.

I don't really know any others which are good except for Vegas, Adobe
BigA108
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh haha ok, Thanks...i think I'm going to try and save up for it cause i feel so limited on WMM and I've had this weird problem where as I'm editing when I want to watch a certain part of the video, the timing to the song is completely off and the only way for it to be right is if I watch the entire video from the beginning, its really annoying! My tv teahcer told me to check my RAM but i did just now and it seems fine, I'm getting the feeling it's because I have Vista haha.

Oh by the way can you see my avatar because I've been trying to add a new one n I can't get it to show up haha. Thanks

BigA108
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no I do reccomend saving up for it as it is a good buy

Nah it isn't
BigA108
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K thanks, I'm gonna try and fix that, I'll change it, no anywhere I could find more avatars?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best, legal alternative I know of for Vegas (and we're allllll about the legal alternatives *waves to nice FBI people* ) is to get Sony Vegas Movie Studio. That's what I use and, while it's missing a few things here and there that Big Vegas can do, it still is able to do about 98% of everything else at a much cheaper cost!

You can shop around and often find it with a rebate. (I got my 6.0 a few years ago with a rebate that made it $10! Best $10 I've ever spent, I have to say! ) I haven't seen one that great in a while, unfortunately, but I've often seen it for under $40, which is much more doable than Big Vegas can be at well over $400!
BigA108
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh really, I didn't know it had the same features as Big Vegas, Cool! Thanks a lot I'm definitely gonna check that out!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing! Though I should warn that one of the things it doesn't have is the ability to mask, though it can cookie cutter. What that mainly means is that you can, say, take a shot of Kate and put her into a clip that she wasn't actually in. But in Big Vegas, you can do a point-to-point mask that will outline Kate in a fairly precise manner, so you don't see much or any of the background from her original clip. In Baby Vegas (Movie Studio ), it uses precut shapes (like a cookie cutter ) so you can't do a precise cut around an irregular shape and you usually end up with some of the original background showing.

Masking is something that I do wish it could do but there are still creative ways to get around that limitation. And, like I said, the rest of the basic editing things are exactly the same as Big Vegas. I've never been sorry for getting it, especially since the full version is just so very expensive! Good luck with whatever you get!
BigA108
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I'm sure that'll be ok, thanks for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: