Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Wise Up (Jack/Jacket AU)" by Athena Alexandria

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: "Wise Up (Jack/Jacket AU)" by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Wise Up (Jack/Jacket AU)" 09-13-2008
Jack and Kate are both unhappily married until a chance encounter gives them each a glimpse of a better life. Thanks to Kat for the vid pic!
Song: Wise Up by Aimee Mann
Vidder: Athena Alexandria
Length: 2:55 (14.3MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAsrew_EzVI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAsrew_EzVI

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was very cool loved all the AU scenes Jack and Kate's 'meeting' in the parking lot was probably my fave part :p and juliet confronting jack about kate near the end nice use of elizabeth's other roles as well great au! i wish Kevin had been in it more but meh; i just love kevin! so good to see him in a vid again! beautiful song, too

aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Wise Up (Jack/Jacket AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

oh, wow. I really liked that. I love the parking lot scene, and Jack trying to find Kate, so sweet
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!! This was awesome Samara! Congrats on your first AU! It turned out great! My favorite parts: Jack and Kate meeting at the bar, Kate's first meeting with Juliet to try and get pregnant and Juliet's confrontation with Jack. "You said you would fix this." Yay! The only crit I have is I thought the audio was a little too loud in spots and the ending was just a tad abrupt... a fadeout to a title would have been nice....but those are just minor little things. I'm giving you gold b/c you deserve it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you did an amazing job with this, Samara. Especially for your first AU. Your manips were great, for the most part, very real. You even lip synced! That's so cool. More than I do, a lot of the time. I really really enjoyed the beginning (and throughout the whole vid) how you paralleled their lives with the clips you chose, that was interesting and made it just look pretty. The story was also easier to follow that way. Overall, it was just really nicely thought out and well put-together, I enjoyed it lots and lots. Yay for Kevin being included, even if you didn't have much of him.

As for crit, there isn't much to say. I didn't find many of the scenes particularly too loud, they seemed fine mostly, though some were a little scratchy. You did well with fixing that though, I understood nearly all of it.

Gold from me!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Wise Up (Jack/Jacket AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Oooooh I loved this. The love rectangle you used was totally unique and your manips were awesome. I have the same minor issues as Nikki. Just the little audio thing but meh - It wasn't very noticeable most of the time. And also YAY FOR EVERYONE BEING HAPPY!! My videos tend to end with someone getting a bullet in their head, so I find happy endings unusual and rather refreshing! lol
And this is your first AU? Wow.. I mean, this is just plain awesome anyways... but it's ESPECIALLY awesome considering it's your first AU!
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Wise Up (Jack/Jacket AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Yay! My first gold! That is so awesome. Thanks so much guys!

Kat: I wanted to put more Kevin in but there just weren't enough clips, and the only other thing I have with Nathan Fillion in it is Firefly which is too recognisable. In everything else he's wearing lab coats!

Ali: Thanks. I was really proud of the lip syncing at the end of the parking lot scene, especially when Jack and Kate introduce themselves.

Nikki: I still haven't figured out to adjust the sound on individual clips yet! Because some of the clips like Jack saying "She kissed me and I kissed her back" was really soft so I had to turn the whole thing up. As for the ending, I made it abrupt on purpose but I guess that didn't really come across, huh?

Allie: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Tell me about it! As you know, that one of Juliet saying "I know you put a lot of faith in me and I'm sorry that I couldn't help" was particularly annoying since she said it to Ben on the beach and I couldn't get rid of the waves.

Freya: You're right, it's not easy to find clips of a doctor telling someone they're infertile. My original idea was to make Kevin the one with the problem but I couldn't figure out how to manip him in a doctor's office not as a doctor, and in the clip I was going to use (From Brothers and Sisters) the doctor kept saying "Tommy", which was really irritating!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Wise Up (Jack/Jacket AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Wow, great vid! Nice AU scenes.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Wise Up (Jack/Jacket AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Wow I really enjoyed watching this! I loved all the bits of them on the phone, and your story was fab and easy to follow! Great job!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Wise Up (Jack/Jacket AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

Very cool AU Especially for your first
I loved your choice of characters glad to see Kevin in I thought your manips were awesome, looked very believable
Also cool storyline Great work
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great job with this! Fantastic AU the scenes all matched up really well. I loved the voiceovers you used especially Jack asking Kate's name worked perfectly.
I liked how they all got a happy ending. Only question is when Kate was watching Jack read to Aaron was that supposed to be their son? It's probably me being dumb there sorry.
Anyways Nice work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
2ndTourofFinland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Wise Up (Jate/Jacket AU) by Athena Alexandria Reply with quote

i'm so proud of you... you suck for making one before me.. damn you and having spare time...
your vid is awesome samara... yay!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: