Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The WeeLOST World Contest!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: The WeeLOST World Contest! Reply with quote

Hey everyone!
I understand that LVI has been kinda quite recently, so lets kick up some fun with a new contest!!
What this contest is is make the best lost character using www.weeworld.com . Depending on how many entries we get, we will eather do (for instance), catagories, like the best Kate, the best charlie, etc, and/ or we will also have the best overall. The dedline is September 30th 2008 . (Extended! )
because this is a new contest, it may be a longer post, so here are the rules first, then I will post how to do this!

Rules:

1. The entries will be by PM so nobody can see the other entries before it's time to vote. You can PM them to LVI Council

when you PM your entries, please include your name, your username (if it is different), who your character is, and dont forget the actual picture!

2. You may have up to 3 entries per person.

3. The vote will be anonymous (we'll know who made which picture but the name of the artist won't be up with their pic at the time of voting so people won't vote just for their friends or whatever ). After the voting is finnished, we will post who made each one and the winners.

4. We'll see if we have enough to make "Best Kate" "Best Sawyer" or whomever categories. Otherwise it'll just be a "Best Character" sort of thing who wins.

5. You don't have to join the site but just have to screencap your creation. We'll give instruction on how to do that (below).

6. For the winners, they will win braging rights, and (maybe, we are still not sure) a banner too!

7. Have your entries in by September 12th 2008 (3 weeks from now). If you need an extension, please contact the Counsil by PM, thank you!

8. and most of all...Have fun!!!

note: you dont have to do this, but we would also like to know your thoughts on this contest, so that we can know if we ever want to do this again, or something like this, or if it was a total bomb. and thank you for participating!!

ok, now that we got past all the rules, we can move onto the fun part!!!
How to do this:
1. go to www.weeworld.com

2. in about the top/center of the page, there will be a box and a big blue button that says "create a weemee". (click it).

3. go through and make your weemee look like the closest to a lost character as you can. (get creative! there are a lot of details you can add to it that will make it really special. and explore all the choices you have, there are a ton to apply!).

4. when you are done, go to "more stuff" then "enviorments"

5. go to the last page in enviorments (after you have chosen the one you want of course)

6. now it is time to screen cap it! in the top right corner of your keyboard, there should be a button that says PrtSc . click that, it will take a whole picture of your desktop screen at that moment. then (what I do) is open a paint program and click paste and it will paste it in there, so it will look like this:

7. save the picture as it is.

8. crop it along the designated area (in my picture below)

9. save it.

10. upload it to something like photobucket.com or something like that so that you can put it in a post on the forum.

11. PM your creation to the LVI Council, and dont forget the information that was said in the rules!

thats it! Its really easy! and if you get into any trouble, feel free to contact Leylin, or any of the council for help. they would all be glad to help you! thats what were here for! have fun!
here are some examples I have made to show you the types of things we are looking for, but come up with your own as well!!

charlie:

Jack:

sawyer:

just to let everyone know,
me + spelling = hjansbdadfk;a

Last edited by leylin on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh, those are so adorable! I'm going to give this one a whirl and see what I can come up with!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leylin, those are amazing! I love doing stuff like this, I really want to give this a try..

Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww they're cute! I'm gonna give this a try!

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, thanks guys!!! yeah! everyone give it a try!! its so much fun! i signed up for it and got addicted to it. lol. yay! i cant wait for this contest! hehe. i cant wait to see what everyone is going to come up with!!
good luck everyone!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - this is really fun! I was playing around with it last night and made some Lost characters. I'll PM you guys with them later
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great!!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder that the deadline is coming up this Friday, so don't forget to get your entries in! ♥!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg; I only just saw this! I love weemee's! I may have a go and enter before Friday
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that would be fabulous! I hope you do! ♥!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you guys probably know, Leylin is in the hospital right now and, since this was her idea, we decided to extend the deadline so that hopefully she'll be able to take part in finishing this off. So the new deadline is now September 30th! If you were thinking about entering and kinda ran out of time, here's your chance to still get on board!
lostworldofwriting

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have to come completly from the weemees thing or can we edit it slightly?
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, it has to be made using the weemee site nothing else
lostworldofwriting

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its HARD picking only three
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminder: Don't forget to get your submissions in before Sept 30th!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: