Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"You're All I Need" by KajaM
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: "You're All I Need" by KajaM Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"You're All I Need" 08-07-2008
A little Charlie/Claire tribute dedicated to all heartbroken PB&J fans. With AU ending that will hopefully cheer some of you up. Thank you to Morgan for this beautiful vid pic.
Song: All I Need by Mat Kearney
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 4:29 (36 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://showyourvids.ning.com/video/all-i-need-charlieclaire
http://www.imeem.com/kajam83/video/108GitF8/kajam-youre-all-i-need-charlieclaire-lost-art-video/

Last edited by KajaM on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*clutches heart* that was so beautiful karolina! it certainly soothed my heartbroken pbj heart and the ending was so gorgeous! future aaron and Claire together:P i LOVED the scan down shot of Claire holding Aaron on the plane; so simple yet so effective!! wonderful work karolina! thank you for this vid! inspired me to go work on mine ;P

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thank you so much, Kat!! *hugs*
You know, I was really disappointed and quite heartbroken after S4, at least when it comes to Charlie/Claire/Aaron. I needed some kind of closure and vidding is always a good way to heal broken hearts. I'm glad you liked the ending. Although I doubt that we will get an ending of this kind, I really hope that Claire and Aaron will be reunited in the end and the Aaron will get his "father's" ring.

Quote:
inspired me to go work on mine ;P

You're making another PB&J vid, too? Yay, that's awesome news! I've been watching Let Love In over and over again while working on this vid. It was such a huge inspiration for me!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Youre All I Need by KajaM Reply with quote

What a beautiful video! The ending was so cool. And the scene with Claire and Aaron in the helicopter. Wow! I also loved the parts with "everything we've got is slipping away"... All about this video was so awesome! It was so sad. But also so sweet! I've been watching this over and over again beacuse of how much I loved it:D And the song was sooo good too!
Gold!

Last edited by Lost-majs on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:46 am; edited 2 times in total
lozza19910
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Youre All I Need by KajaM Reply with quote

That was Beautiful!!!!! The ending was my fav part!!!!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG this song, it's one of my all time faves I loved this video. I was in tears by the end
Your clip choice was just perfect it all fit beautifully Beat use was awesome as well
Omg the bit with both Charlie and Claire, where he had been hanging and was bought back and when Claire had drowned I was just like
I loved everything about this Your slit screens were amazing, and when it was Claire holding baby Aaron. The ending was just amazing as well. Awesome Job!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karolina, you totally defined Charlie and Claire together in this video. I'm completely inspired by this. First, your editing and your beats were superb, and especially when the piano beats got higher, I just got goosebumps of how lovely it was.

Your lyric interpretation was just incredible..I loved "I woke up this morning to a blood red sky" when Charlie is waking up and him swimming..that was insansely good..Then, "we got no where to go and no home that's left" that was so touching to see both of Charlie and Claire's past together, like they both have no home and they are ment for eachother..and for my absolute favorite which made me smile soo big, was "grab your bags and a picture of where we met" that was so clever, you totally took it to the next level and actually made a picture...like that was beautiful.

As for the rest of the lyrics you used all kinda tugged my heartstrings, I love PB&J hehe..and slowly becoming more of a fan for them..

EDIT : OH, and I completely forgot to comment on this..your beyond fantastic AU ending!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler:

Claire with Aaron and she sees Charlie on tv

That was brilliant, wow, wow, wow, we all wish that could really happen, and you made it seem sooo real. I really, really enjoyed this, it was a treat to see a new vid from you that was so wonderful. Flawless, and a tribute that will be remembered.

Last edited by Jinlovessunxx on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Youre All I Need by KajaM Reply with quote

Oh Karolina, thank you so much for making such a beautiful, heartfelt video of this lovely couple. It literally made me cry! I have to watch it again in a sec and point out my favourite parts. But first of all, the beat use and lyric intepretation was superb. I loved it. In fact, every single moment of this video was absolute perfection and I'm being totally serious. Every single moment. Beautiful.

In this, you've captured Charlie and Claire's relationship wonderfully. The parts where they're alone and the black and white 'flashbacks' came on, those have to be one of my favourite bits, them thinking of each other when they're scared and alone. So lovely "You call me a boy but I'm trying to be the man"-Another fantastic part with the clips of him taking care of Aaron. He truely did grow up when he met Claire. He took care of Claire, and Aaron and he did his best to make them happy because he loved them. "Got nowhere to go and no home that's left"-I loved that part because it's so fitting. The flashes of Claire with her mum and Charlie with his brother were brilliant. I loved that. "It all might be okay or we might be dead"-adored that part, it gave me shivers. With the overlays of Claire and Charlie on the floor and then waking up and gasping for air. Amazing! You know what, I'm only half way through again if I were to pick out all my favourite moments I'd be here for an insane amount of time. As I said, it was all perfect. I love it so much. And the ending, I'm crying again. It was just so amazing. With Aaron seeing Charlie on the TV and Claire comes in and gives the most perfect little smile. This showed everything, their ups and downs, their struggles and overall their journey together. Thank you for this beautiful video, Karolina and for the dedication. This is what most definitely should have happened. Charlie living so he and Claire can be together again and be happy. This is what every PB&J fan wanted. Huge well done, you should be immensely happy with how this turned out. And I agree with the others, this was very inspiring. I actually more or less finished my Breathe Me vid I was talking about but seeing this has really made me want to finish up and post it! Anywho, gorgeous work. How long did this take you!? I think I remember you saying you took a break from it? It was absolutely worth the wait. One of the best PB&J vids ever. Love it

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Karolina...major chills right now!! I knew this was gong to beautiful! I was so psyched this morning when I saw it posted! I had to watch immediately! And let me say it was amazing!!! I loved your lyric interpretation! It was brilliant....like the "nothing at home thats left" and you had a quick flash of their past....I loved the "Grab the back of my hand" part and I almost started to cry when you showed the ring. I think my fav part was when the music picked up at the end. The way you cut the clips was really effective and gave me even bigger chills! And of course the AU ending was amazing! I don't fav many PB&J vids but this one is going straight to my favs!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lillypop
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG that was fantastic!!!!!
I mean, I love PB&J, but I rarely watch videos about them and this one, seriously congrats.
I love this song and the ending of the video is amazing

We're Carol Lilly (evi815) and Pauline (Lollipauline)
Check kahlilly Carol's other account with Kah (kcqf)
buffyfan145
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Youre All I Need by KajaM Reply with quote

OMG!!! LOVED the vid!!! And the ending!!! I miss PB&J and Charlie SO much!!! Great job with that and the editing was GREAT!!! And I love that song too!!!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, I'm so flattered about all these wonderful and detailed comments! Thank you so much, guys! You definitely made my day!
I was so frustrated yesterday. I was rendering the vid for (as I was hoping) a last time. It took almost two (!) hours because of all the video tracks and the colouring and then I discovered two huge glitches and one clip that still didn't have the colouring. I felt like crying or throwing my computer out of the window. I fixed those glitches and had to wait for two more hours before the vid was finally done.
Reading all those great comments makes me feel much, much better though. Thank you!!!

Maja: Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoy the vid so much! "Sad, but sweet" is exactly what I was aiming for. I wanted to show that they have been through so many horrible things and yet nothing could tear them apart.
Thank you again for watching and commenting!

Laura: Thank you so much for your comment! I'm glad you liked the vid and especially the ending. I was hoping people would like it, so thank you!!

Chaleeee: Thank you so much, my dear! *hugs*
The song is totally beautiful, isn't it? It got so stuck in my head after watching this beautiful Rose/Doctor vid, I just had to use it myself, too. (I'm afraid though that I've heard it way too often in the last few weeks while working on this vid. I need a break now ) Thank you so much for your detailed comment! I'm so delighted that you enjoyed it!

Kate: Thank you so much for your great comment, hon!
I'm very happy that you liked the "we've got nowhere to go" part because it's one of my favourite lines in the song, too. I really wanted to show that, even though their families have fallen apart, they still had each other to hold on to. As for the picture, oh man, that line was killing me! It was one of the last parts of the vid I finished because I had no clue what to do about it. It was driving me insane. Therefore, I really, really appreciate you noticing that moment because it was the most difficult part for me within the song.
Thank you again for your kind words! *hugs*

Jemma: Oh wow! You nearly made me fall off my chair when I saw your long and detailed. I can't even tell you how much it means to me!! Thank you so, so, so much!!! I'm so very happy you liked all those little moments and yes, I definitely wanted to show all sides of their relationship with all the ups and downs they've been through together.
I'm still so mad at the writers for making Claire look so reckless in some episodes of S4 and for tearing mother and son apart. It makes Charlie's death look like such a waste!

The vid took me something in between one to two months, with a few breaks though. I was working on other vids in between and I did a lot of re-editing as well. (I'm also definitely not the fastest vidder in the world )

I'm even more happy to hear that my vid gave you some inspiration for your Breathe Me vid (is that Breathe Me by Sia, by the way?). I loved your last two Lost vids so much and I can't wait to see it!

Nikki: Aww, thank you so much, Nikki! I feel so honoured that you enjoyed it so much, even though PB&J isn't your favourite ship. Thank you!
I will have to take it a bit easier on vidding until I've finished my Master Thesis, but I can't wait to start on that Scully/Emily vid! It's always so exciting to try a new fandom. I will probably already do some bits and pieces whenever I need a break from the thesis.

Lilly: Thank you so much for your kind words!!! I'm glad you liked the vid and enjoyed the ending. The song is so beautiful, isn't it? I'm still all in love with it.

Amanda: Thank you so much for your great comment! Oh yes, I miss Charlie, too. I miss him so badly. Poor Claire and Aaron! I hope they will be reunited at least, so that Charlie's last wish will finally come true.
Thank you again for watching and commenting! *hugs*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Youre All I Need by KajaM Reply with quote

Beautiful vid, Karolina!! The lyric interpretation was perfect and so was the beat use! The effects looked great and fit very well with the mood of the vid! And the end was superb! So happy!!! It really made me miss PB&J...
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jemma: Oh wow! You nearly made me fall off my chair when I saw your long and detailed. I can't even tell you how much it means to me!! Thank you so, so, so much!!! I'm so very happy you liked all those little moments and yes, I definitely wanted to show all sides of their relationship with all the ups and downs they've been through together.
I'm still so mad at the writers for making Claire look so reckless in some episodes of S4 and for tearing mother and son apart. It makes Charlie's death look like such a waste!

The vid took me something in between one to two months, with a few breaks though. I was working on other vids in between and I did a lot of re-editing as well. (I'm also definitely not the fastest vidder in the world )

I'm even more happy to hear that my vid gave you some inspiration for your Breathe Me vid (is that Breathe Me by Sia, by the way?). I loved your last two Lost vids so much and I can't wait to see it!

You are most welcome! I loved this so much, I had to write a detailed comment for you! lol.

That's a long time! On the other hand, this Breathe Me vid was originally my second Vegas vid!! Almost a year old and just finished! lol. I'm a slow vidder too.

In answer to your question, yep it's the one by Sia. I love that song to bits, my friend sent me the Six Feet Under clip where the song plays and I realised I had to make a vid with it!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I will have to take it a bit easier on vidding until I've finished my Master Thesis, but I can't wait to start on that Scully/Emily vid! It's always so exciting to try a new fandom. I will probably already do some bits and pieces whenever I need a break from the thesis.

No rush! I'm just so happy you are going to make it for me!! Its going to be sooo beautiful and awesome!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: