Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo hoo! Gives me more time to work on a rushed vid

Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've taken 'I'll Make A Man Out Of You' over from 2ndTourofFinland. It was going to be a joint project but it didn't end up working out that way so I've uploaded it to my account instead. I hope that's okay.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing! Since you two collaborate, that's fine. I changed the claim over to your name alone.
Athena Alexandria
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
ArmedInBronze
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad the deadline got extending, just started college so I've been busy.

Anyways the reason that I'm posting is because I have a question:
I'm doing "Be Prepared", with Ben as Scar. There's a line in the song that goes "the future is littered with prizes" I was just planning on making a small flash to Juliet for a second. Would that count as putting a major ship in the vid?
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering why Ben/Juliet is listed as a major ship? It's not really canon... Ben called Juliet "his", is that what made it canon/major? Just cuz someone has feelings for someone else (Ben for juliet), doesn't really make the ship canon, since Juliet doesn't feel the same. They were never together, they haven't even kissed. I think the fans made it more major than the show did. Just wondering...
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe because it's two main characters that have a past and a connection as well as lots of air-time? not sure.

ArmedInBronze
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Out of curiosity, I'm wondering why Ben/Juliet is listed as a major ship? It's not really canon... Ben called Juliet "his", is that what made it canon/major? Just cuz someone has feelings for someone else (Ben for juliet), doesn't really make the ship canon, since Juliet doesn't feel the same. They were never together, they haven't even kissed. I think the fans made it more major than the show did. Just wondering...

I'm wondering the same thing.
I was sitting here thinking it wasn't going to be a major ship and it was, I was kind of surprised.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
maybe because it's two main characters that have a past and a connection as well as lots of air-time? not sure.

I dunno... a lot of the characters have a past and a lot of airtime, and that's doesn't really mean it's a major ship. What makes a "major ship" is an actual romance... a kiss, them admitting that they have feelings for each other, something like that, right? Ben kind of did that, in an odd, controlling way, but Juliet has made it clear that she doesn't feel the same. It just doesn't seem canon to me. I mean, Sana isn't listed as a major ship and they both got together! Charladay is canon with the cheek kiss and the episodes making it obvious that they both have feelings for each other, but that's a minor ship too. What makes major ships? The fan base? Do they not have to be canon, cuz in that case, Conmama should be a "major ship" too.

Just seems odd to me... Not complaining or anything, just curious, cuz it'd make some vids a lot easier.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmedInBronze wrote:
Anyways the reason that I'm posting is because I have a question:
I'm doing "Be Prepared", with Ben as Scar. There's a line in the song that goes "the future is littered with prizes" I was just planning on making a small flash to Juliet for a second. Would that count as putting a major ship in the vid?

To answer your question about your vid, yep, that would count as a major ship. But a flash to any other female (or male ) character would put you in the clear!

As for why Bennet is considered a major ship, I don't really know the exact reasoning that went into it but I'd wager that it has to do with a combination of things: (list time! )

1. Both Ben and Juliet are considered current, major characters
2. While they have a twisted, rather one-sided obsessive relationship, it IS still a ship, even if it's not a traditional romantic one
3. The number of Bennet vids LVI has (remember, our categories are for making it easier to maneuver through over 5,000 vids to find a type a person might be looking for; they're not necessarily claiming to be the official ship categories for the show, per se).

Now, before anybody brings up how many ConMama vids we now have, so why isn't ConMama a major ship...? These categories were set long before this current run on ConMama vids started, lol! And up until recently in this past season, ConMama was very theoretical, one of those AU ships that a lot of people would love to see made canon but it didn't have a lot of canon leg to stand on. Ben and Juliet might not have taken long walks on the beach at sunset but they clearly did have a relationship of some sort right from the start. (I personally thought she was going to be his ex-wife or something back when she was introduced, lol! )

Anyway, you might not agree with our categories but, with this contest nearly at its end, I'm afraid they're what you've got to work with. But we have so many awesome AU vidders here that we have no doubt you guys can rise to the challenge and make something just fantastic!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
they both have feelings for each other, but that's a minor ship too. What makes major ships? The fan base? Do they not have to be canon, cuz in that case, Conmama should be a "major ship" too.

Just seems odd to me... Not complaining or anything, just curious, cuz it'd make some vids a lot easier.

as much as I'd campaign that ConMama counts as a major ship based on the fact that sawyer and claire are simply in scenes together, lol but i dont think it has any effect on videos per say. its just a category in the end. doesnt really matter where it goes in the scheme of things.

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How awesome would it be Kat to see Conmama as a canon

But yeah, I've actually always thought of Bennet as a major pairing, ok but their not your jate/skate/PB&J kinda stuff, but their relationship kinda is different, it is mainly one sided but so
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
but i dont think it has any effect on videos per say. its just a category in the end. doesnt really matter where it goes in the scheme of things.

I meant it'd make contest vids like this easier. We'd have another minor ship to use. hehe

Thanks guys.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try and get mine in by midnight, if all goes well and WMM behaves. I haven't made one for such a long time I feel like a beginner .
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll "hold the door" for you, Rachel! If you need longer, just let us know! Can't wait to see your entry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: