Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Sing for absolution" by Jinlovessunxx
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: "Sing for absolution" by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Sing for absolution" 07-27-2008
July 2008 Contest Submission, Sun has had many lies and she sings for absolution.
Song: Sing for absolution by Muse
Vidder: Jinlovessunxx
Length: 4:31 (67.5MB WMV)

Link(s): http://youtube.com/watch?v=hJ8Zj6hePbQ
http://www.zshare.net/video/510637658eea0dc6/

Last edited by Jinlovessunxx on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work Kate that was just superb!!!
I loved the beginning and thought it worked well with the still clips, the colouring was awesome.
It just all fit perfectly!
Good luck in the contest!
OvariesOfSteel
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Sing for absolution by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

The coloring worked really well and I liked how your editing catered to Sun's bad ass side. My favorite Sun stuff was the off the island smackdowns!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Sing for absolution by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

WOW, simply awesome! Your editing was amazing, and I loved the beginning bit especially, it was so different and just...wow!!! I loved your colouring too! Fabulous vid Kate & good luck in the contest!
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Sing for absolution by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

Whoa! That was amazing! Your editing technique was brilliant! So original! I loved the freeze frame/stop motion effect you had going on with the blue and yellow. Totally fantastic character study you had going on. I loved that you covered all her lies and the audio clips you added worked really well. This video wins at life. It should totally win the contest!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Sing for absolution by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

OMGWOW, Kate!! This was outstanding! Such unique editing, it's gorgeous. I watched it twice ^_^ The editing totally went with the music, it fit beautifully. The audio was brilliant with Sun admitting the truth after her lying. The transitions were awesome, I just love how you edit ^_^ And the pictures, as I've said, was a very interesting touch. I think that's what also fit the music so perfectly. Amazing. I loved the ending with Sun's newest lie, about Jin's death. Perfect! I loved, loved it! Your Sun vids are always amazing. Awesome work and GOOD LUCK in the contest!!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, Kate, that was amazing!! So beautiful and so fantastically edited!!
I don't even know where to begin: I love the sped up clips at the beginning of the vid and the use of the still pics/freeze frames was pure genius! The mask at 0:40 is simply perfect and the beat use throughout the vid is sooo good!

Your storytelling and the interpretation of the lyrics was very, very good and I love how you used the quotes towards the end of the vid.

I'm in awe! Major kudos to you, my dear! Good luck in the contest. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Last edited by KajaM on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD KATE! This is some the most creative beat use I have ever seen! Simply flawless and so awesome to watch! Your video was so beautiful! I loved it! My favorite part was all the dialog at the end about her lies and the part of her telling the lie about Jin being dead! WOW very dramatic ending!! I was going to say good luck in the contest but I don't think you need it!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much everyone!!

Charlie-Thanks so much hon, glad you thought it fit perfectly and how you liked the still clips...those were soooo time consuming but fun to do! Thanks for the good luck

OvariesofSteel- Thank you! Hehe, Sun does have a bad side..I like it too. Glad you liked the coloring!

Emma- Awww, thanks! I'm soooo happy you liked the coloring, and you loved the beginning!! Thanks for the good luck as well!

IamSoLostRightNow-What a comment, thanks hon! I'm really, really glad you thought my editing technique was original and all of my freeze frame effects! Those were tough let me tell you, but still fun. Aww, and I'm happy it wins at life, that totally made me smile!!!!

Jemmz- YAY! Thank you soooooo much! Your comment totally made me smile too, thanks dear. Glad you liked my audio and my transitions! Although I'm uber happy you liked the ending and how you think my Sun vids are amazing! Your "Somewhere" video is outstanding though, seriously! Thanks for the good luck!

Karolina- Wow, thank you, what a sweet comment! I'm really happy you thought it was beatiful and you enjoyed freeze frames! I'm ultra excited that everyone liked those, especially you! Thanks so much Karolina, your comment means so much, and thanks for the good luck!

Nikki- Aww, hehe, you're soo nice! Thanks! I'm honored to know that you think it's some of the most creative beat use you've ever seen! Also, really glad you enjoyed the audio about her lies..I kept worrying it was too much, but I'm happy you enjoyed it! Thanks a bunch Nikki, your comment means alot.

cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Sing for absolution by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

Dear god I love your Jun videos! This song works really well with your chosen clips, the beat is spot-on and the effects are beautiful. I love it! Gold and faved at YT! xCfx
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cagedfreedom, Thank you very, very much hon, I'm really happy you love my Jun vids! Also, really glad you liked the song and beat use!!!!

Joon
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was totally awesome, Kate!! I loved the beginning with the still pics - but everything else was perfect, too. Great beat use, great interpretation of the lyrics, great coloring - simply perfect!!
Good luck in the contest!

Icon by ack attack
july

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Sing for absolution by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

AWSOME!!!!! and Muse's songs aren't really easy for video editing so really total respect!! Great talent here!!! I don' even know how you dind't go crazy with this rythm!!!!!It's incredible!!
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Sing for absolution by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

Awesome, Kate! That was amazing! I loved the beat use... Especially at the beginning with the still pictures. You told the story of each lie so well, the voiceovers were a great idea! I also loved how you ended it with another lie, about the Oceanic Six. Great job, and good luck in the contest!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birte- Aww, thanks very much! Your comment was ultra sweet, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much, thank you, thank you, thank you! Also glad you thought it was perfect..*hugs*

July- Thank you! Yeah, Muse songs are pretty difficult, this was one was a bit of challenge but I loved it too much to turn it down. The rhythm made me a little koo-koo, but still had fun, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!

Elyse- Thanks so much! Glad you like the stills in the beginning, yay!!! Also I'm happy you thought I explained each lie so well, that means alot!! Thank you, thank you, for the good luck!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: