Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last Movie You Saw?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Toy Story 3 yesterday. It was amazing. And actually quite the tearjerker, since I was in tears at least three times throughout the thing. GREAT movie, go see it like right now.

art by me&tammy
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it isn't out in the UK till the 19th of July. I'm scared I'll be spoiled before I get to see it Although all the positive comments are making me excited for it.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:
it isn't out in the UK till the 19th of July. I'm scared I'll be spoiled before I get to see it Although all the positive comments are making me excited for it.

*zips lips* I won't spoil you! But I will say it is way better than the previews made it seem, at least to me. ^^

art by me&tammy
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw Toy Story 3 yesterday!!! It was awesome!! Really sad and depressing at the end though, but the whole thing was really funny. And there were jokes just for us 90s kids

http://www.youtube.com/geminivids
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched When in Rome. It's not often a movie makes me smile the whole way through but this one did. Totally adorable. Also, Josh Duhamel = my new future husband. Even though apparently he's married? Dangit.

art by me&tammy
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Positively True Adventures of the Alleged Texas Cheerleader-Murdering Mom. (I think that's the title.) Pretty entertaining, not great art. Holly Hunter was good as the title character; the girl that played her daughter was good. Swoosie Kurtz badly overacted as the token crazy. 6/10.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Despicable Me today! Very very cute, sweet movie. Nothing on Toy Story 3, though. However, one can never go wrong with Steve Carrell.

art by me&tammy
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inception. It was very over-rated. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it but felt it didn't live up to the hype.

Spoiler:

Was the twist meant to be a shocker? Because it was something me and my friends guessed pretty early on.

Meh I think I prefer Shutter Island

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh!!! How can you say it's overrated??!?!?!

I loved Inception. It is my new favorite movie. It was just so awesome. I loved it. The visuals, the story, the acting, the score, the concept, and the emotional pull. It was just perfection for me. Amazing. I highly recommend it.

PS-
Spoiler:

I don't think the whole thing was a dream, there is tons of evidence that says he's in reality at the end and the top did stop spinning, so I don't think that it's something jaded or stupid, I think it was just a clever way to end it. Let people draw their own conclusions, much like what LOST did.

NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on what Freckles said about Inception. There's no way that film is overrated. It was probably one of the most original movies that's come out in the last 10 years. I don't use the word 'original' lightly either. It's very rare I will ever describe a movie as unique or original (because let's face it, there really isn't much out there anymore)

And as far as the twist:
Spoiler:

Do you mean the fact that Cobb felt responsible for his wife's death? I saw that one coming honestly, but I don't think it detracted from the movie at all. I didn't even really feel there was a twist ending - it was pretty straightforward to me. They completed the job, got out of there & Cobb finally got to come home & see his kids. End of story. Nothing twisty about it. It just goes to show you that if the film is strong enough & well-written, you don't need a twist ending.

The last movie I watched was 'Brick' with Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Emilie De Ravin. I really, really enjoyed it. I loved the whole modern day twist on a detective story. And dear god, I really hope JGL gets his due soon. He's a flipping PHENOMENAL actor. Probably one of the best out there right now....
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have to say is that The Expendables = effing amazing. I've seen it twice in a week. Sure it's cheesy and over the top, but really, who didn't expect it to be? lol It's hilarious and a really fun action movie. Any lover of action with a good sense of humor has to love this film with all of the greats in it. xD There were a ton of amusing inside jokes about their other films as well. It's not Oscar worthy or anything, but it's definitely fun.

Oh, and that JGL is also fantastic, agreed 100% with Abby on that one. He's one of the few to transition well from child actor to a successful adult actor and he's just amazing lately.

I saw Inception twice as well (one was the midnight) and I loved it even more the second time. The first time, to be honest, I was a little confused and thought it was good but not the best movie ever, but the second time I got things SO much easier and it was so much more enjoyable. The storyline, acting, it was all really interesting and well done. I didn't really think that was a twist either, Abby, pretty straightforward. Loved the ending though.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it took me a little while to be able to comprehend what was happening in the movie, but once I got beyond that, it was awesome. I really want to go see it again!!

And the funny thing about that movie too is that I was never that into Leo DiCaprio - maybe when I was younger, but not much lately. Prior to Inception, the only really recent movie of his that I've seen was Revolutionary Road (this was the only movie of his I saw following Titanic). But god man - he looks so good in Inception!! He's actually starting to age a little bit & it looks good on him...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's funny to see Leo in Inception because he looks SO different than he does in Titanic and Catch Me If You Can (which is a great movie, btw) but he sounds exactly the same. At the start of Inception all I could think about was cutie-Leo from Titanic, but then he just played Cobb so well. It's a different role for him than the other movies I've seen with him (the two mentioned above ) and I liked it.

Agree about Joseph Gordan-Levitt, too. I really want to see Brick now - I knew Emilie was in it, but I didn't realize JGL was until recently.

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love JGL! he's a great actor Have to say Brick was not my favourite movie even with Emilie; i found it really predictable.

Watched Paranormal Entity last night, IMO it was way scarier than Paranormal Activity. but I get freaked quite easily

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really boring movie about the Hungry Ghost legend called 'Seventh Moon.' I liked the premise, since it wasn't typical Western horror, and wasn't Japanese freak-out horror (a genre I can take or leave) either. But it wasn't a good film.

And then I watched Divorce Court for, like, four hours, so clearly my definition of 'not boring' is pretty tolerant. But this movie was still more boring than Divorce Court.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20

Jump to: