Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Drugs Dont Work" by Captain Freya
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: "The Drugs Dont Work" by Captain Freya Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Drugs Dont Work" 06-27-2008
June 2008 Contest Submission. After Sawyer jumps out of the helicopter to save him, Jacks guilt makes him to turn to drugs. Kate wants to be with Jack but can't bear to see him tear himself apart. Still caring deeply for Kate, Jack is torn when he thinks he's found a way to get back to the island... and to Sawyer.
Song: The Drugs Dont Work by The Verve
Vidder: Captain Freya
Length: 2:56 (20.3MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em54VcZ3Hls

Last edited by Captain Freya on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: The Drugs Dont Work by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Freya, that video was awesomness Jawyer is Love
I loved watching it, and the bathroom scene I was like It looked really real, I enjoyed watching this video Really great stuff!
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: The Drugs Dont Work by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Great job, Freya! I really liked the "disappearing Sawyer". xD It looked real! The manipped audio was good, too! I enjoyed this a lot!
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: The Drugs Dont Work by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Oooh.. Wow - that was uploaded fast!
Thanks you two. Yay for disappearing Sawyer - my new favourite effect! I'm so glad y'all liked it.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehe, yeah when you PM'ed me I then put it through for ya
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Charlie.
Ooohh btw - I forgot to thank Kait for letting me mess with her amazing Jawyer manip and use if for my vid pic - I can't take credit for it at all - I just added the background. She did all the work *applause for the very talented Kait*

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Freya!! I really loved how you made Sawyer look like he was disappearing! How did you do that WMM? That was awesome! I totally bought it! I also really liked the part about "We have to crash to go back"
Very cool idea! Awesome work and good luck in the contest!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: The Drugs Dont Work by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thanks so much Nikki I just used Photoshop to erase Sawyer from each picture and then faded it into the clip before it. I thought it would be harder than it was, but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. I'm glad you liked it. It worked out better than I thought it was going to.
And yay - you mentioned the way the weird way they had to get back - I was worried that it might not be clear.. so yay that it was.
Thanks Nikki x
khaleesi
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: The Drugs Dont Work by Captain Freya Reply with quote

AHH!! YAY!! That rocked hard Freya!! I loved the part with disappearing Sawyer, it looked flawless!! I also loved the idea of having to crash. Very neat!! What you did with the vid pic looks awesome, I love the text in the background ^_^ GOLDDD <3

xxx
-Kait
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: The Drugs Dont Work by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thanks so much Kait - And thanks for letting me use that picture in the first place.. Oh yay - I'm so happy you liked it.
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: The Drugs Dont Work by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Love that Cloverfield footage you snuck in there. Yeah... I saw that! Thought you'd get it past me didn't you? jk. Great job. Excellent manipulations.
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: The Drugs Dont Work by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Lol.. Thanks soooo much. I was just gonna use the footage of the chopper crashing in the water but I really wanted him to wake up on the island and I've been wanting to use that Cloverfield clip for ages.
And yay - thanks for my gold peeps!! Glad y'all liked it.
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: The Drugs Dont Work by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Well, my very first Jawyer vid seems to be going down swimmingly!! Awesome!! Sooo doing more!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Charlie; Jawyer is love

that was so sweet; i felt so bad for jack i loved the whole 'we have the crash' theory you had there; well done! loved the jate scene at the airport with kate's 'dont you say his name!' - nice twist ;P good luck in the comp!!

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: The Drugs Dont Work by Captain Freya Reply with quote

I liked the parts with Sawyer disappearing, very cool! Loved the end too! Great job!

ETA- Oh and I thought that was Cloverfielf footage!

Last edited by Jemmz on Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: