Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

War of the Worlds!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
cool I also do at school ^^

It's a fun thing to learn but I don't think some people give us enough credit. It's not nearly as easy as some think it is.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so too
but since I now about those things it's hard to watch a movie for me, because I can see every mistake they did -.-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
I think so too
but since I now about those things it's hard to watch a movie for me, because I can see every mistake they did -.-

I know exactly what you mean. You watch a movie or TV show and you can almost instinctually pick out the mistakes in story and editing. It's not that us film types go looking for it those kind of thing just kind of come to us .

www.lostvideo.net
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostcalier wrote:
Ally wrote:
I think so too

I know exactly what you mean. You watch a movie or TV show and you can almost instinctually pick out the mistakes in story and editing. It's not that us film types go looking for it those kind of thing just kind of come to us .

yeah like this crappy kindom of heaven thing!! in the firs scene he had to ignore a guy and had to drink once!
so he took the cup and drank/ yu see him from the other side and he takes the cuo again! and he didn't put it back on the table before

or like they used 3 times the same scene in the ending where they throwsomething at the wall to destroy it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was just astorm here and I swear it looked liek the lighning hit the same spot 30 times
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
There was just astorm here and I swear it looked liek the lighning hit the same spot 30 times

If the ground starts to shake may I suggest running...lol.

www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERS AHEAD: don't say I didn't warn you.

Did I comment on this movie yet...? I did to ppl in MSN, but not here I guess!
I thought it was a great movie. For the most part the story made perfect sense (I wondered about that camcorder thing too, LostCalier! ) but for such a linear-type storyline, I would be shocked if there WAS a way it could be screwed up...
The entire movie felt like it had nothing to do with the aliens, but rather human nature in the wake of a catastophe. It could have been a series of earthquakes if they wanted it, and it would still probably be just as good.
I felt a LOT of the pressure of whether this movie would be good or bad relied on the special effects and the actors. For a movie with few revelations in the plot or lines, every big moment had to be won by one of those two.
I'll admit, I think the ending could have been done a lot clearer so those who didn't know the story already would get it (I was lucky enough to have a friend beside me tell me JUST before the ending ), because if I hadn't known, I'm pretty sure that I'd be a little confused. But I loved having that little revelation right at the end "OF COURSE! That makes perfect sense! They don't have anitbodies to the Cold germs!". It changed the story from one that I thought 10 minutes ago couldn't GET any sadder to a relatively happy one (for an action/horror film, that is )

Actually, in retrospect, there were a lot of holes in the plot that didn't quite make sense... ex. those red root things... were those supposed to be their crops or something? and all that Lostcalier mentioned. I'm going to blame the editors with this one though I really don't see why they just didn't cut a bit from some other scenes instead... they were plenty long enough!

Anyway, I think it's the public's nature to pick on the big guys, and Stephen Spielberg and Tom Cruise are some of the biggest you can get. I liked the movie, thought it was one of the best films I'll probably see in a while, but I admit there are parts that could be better. The acting is what saved it, if anything. I really connected with the characters in it.

Great movie, recommend it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The acting is what saved it, if anything. I really connected with the characters in it.

I'd say TC and Dakota Fanning saved the movie.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The acting is what saved it, if anything. I really connected with the characters in it.

that remembers me of nearly every johnny depp film oo
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i thought was really funny was when Ray and the kids went to Maryanne's house and stayed in the basement... and when that plane crashed... they walked outside and their car was still in perfect condition while everything else around was destroyed

Warren I think those red things were the aliens .... hmmm how to say this nicely..... basically their waste... they eat the humans right and then they spray out all that red stuff... i guess it just hardens and spreads like fertiliser maybe i'm wrong but that's how i took it
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallen_angel wrote:
they walked outside and their car was still in perfect condition while everything else around was destroyed

I noticed that too and was like WTF. Their were definitely some elements of the story that could have been cleaned up but I have to give Spielberg some credit he finished final editing just a very short time before it had to be sent off for final stamping and distribution. So I'm guessing he didn't have much time to go back through and catch some of the stupid little mistakes. But odds are the mistake with the van came from the script which should have been caught by someone along the way. If nothing else the script supervisor should have seen the error on set and pointed it out. Either way you look at it the short shooting schedule (at least short for a movie this size) seems to have hampered some aspects of the final product.

www.lostvideo.net
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thoguht their car was destroyed and a car that looked like theirs happened to land in front of them.
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
I always thoguht their car was destroyed and a car that looked like theirs happened to land in front of them.

There you go .

www.lostvideo.net
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:

LOL Ah that explains it
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallen_angel wrote:

Warren I think those red things were the aliens .... hmmm how to say this nicely..... basically their waste... they eat the humans right and then they spray out all that red stuff... i guess it just hardens and spreads like fertiliser maybe i'm wrong but that's how i took it

Nah! blood and stuff doesn't harden like that! and remember how it started to "die", turning into dust? That means it had to be living.

Okay, now that I remember that van scene, yeah, I change my stance on this... this had FAR too many stupid little mistakes. It's the simplest plot I've ever seen, yet them managed to screw it up this bad?! I still think it's a good movie, but thank GOD for good actors....
Imagine Tom Cruise as Will Ferrel... and there you go! Change of the movie, isn't it? THough I love that guy... funniest. actor. ever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: