Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony Vegas Overlay/Transparany Help wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMFSOOK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Sony Vegas Overlay/Transparany Help wanted Reply with quote

Hey guys, ive been making semi noob videos on various programs over the past few years. Ive just purchased Sony Vegas and in need of a quick aid in 1 particular area.

Im trying to create a main streaming video whilst having several 50% transparent videos over the top of it.

What i have done is i have some footage of the chopper panning over the island and various other scenery related images to form my backdrop. However i want to make it about 40-50% transparant and overlay several other video clips seperately over the top also 40-50% transparent, so your constantly showing scenery rolling on and so forth from the chopper however over the top you see bits of action scenes and drama etc as it goes.

I cannot for the life of me find out how to do this. Ive looked into crossfade and other related areas but ofc comming from noob programs onto vegas - its not as simple as right click adjust transparancy of file. Or create video overlay and then select transparancy. unless im missing something???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

best thing to do is make more timelines. ill show you here:

now it should look like this. Drag the new clip you want onto this blank track. hover the mouse over the top of the new clip and you'll see the words Opacity 100%. simply hold and drag down and a white line will appear; move this to whatever percentage you want.

You can do this for as many layers as you like Hope that helps!

AMFSOOK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome dude, will give it a shot. Cheers for the quick reply much abliged, ive sorta given myself a deadline on this video.
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat! I didn't know you could do that. Thanks! ^__^
xenos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone looks at this old thread, so I ask:

Is there a possibility to change the transparentcy smooth from zero to e.g. 50 percent leave it there an later go back to zero again?

Xenos
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Xenos! What I would do is lower the opacity to the 50% level, then do a fade in and a fade out on the clip. You can fade a clip all on its own, not by fading it into another clip, just by hovering the mouse over the top left or right corner of the clip until it changes to a different symbol, then you click and drag it to the right if you're putting a fade at the start of the clip or to the left if you're putting it at the end.

Some screencaps under the spoiler cut because they're large.

Spoiler:

That's what it should look like with the opacity down and fade in/outs.

If you're using that as an overlay, then the effect should be that the clip slowly seems to appear, stops at 50% opacity, then slowly seems to disappear. Hope that helps!
xenos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Aislynn, thank you for your help.

I am workink at the moment with a downloaded test version and some things a really hard to find in vegas.

Xenos
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're very welcome! Vegas can be tough to figure out, that's for sure. So don't hesitate to ask if you can't find where something is or how to do something!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: