Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boston Legal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Boston Legal Reply with quote

Okay, just saw Vanilla_coke's "Loston Legal" vid, and it reminded me that there are other people in this world who watch this show .

I just love it. Alan Shore is like.... my God. He's better than Dr. House AND Locke - and that's saying something! Plus, I just love how they bring up the issues, but do it in just the perfect mix of humor and drama, without ever either A) taking themselves too seriously or B) making light of the situation.

So, who else does watch this show?
Oh, and anyone ever consider vidding it? haha. It seems like a tough task - but I've seen tougher. I've been hunting for a good song to vid to it, and found a few.

For those of you who haven't seen it... well, I would LOVE to show you some good clips from it, but apparently Youtube has been cleansed of any and all clips for it . For that matter, so has every site I can find that shows vids. For that matter, most other shows have been removed from Youtube and the like too. What's going on..?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont actually. Ive seen clips though. Im not really a fan of law shows, and it seemed it might be a little to far to the left for me. Maybe ill give it a try though.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
I dont actually. Ive seen clips though. Im not really a fan of law shows, and it seemed it might be a little to far to the left for me. Maybe ill give it a try though.

Yeah, that is kinda true. It is a bit left. But they do tend to go more for the center - making fun of the left side plenty too (just like South Park does! lol). So I dunno. You may find some merit in it, since they tend to take it case-by-case sorta, so it doesn't really matter if it's right or left, so long as in that particular case, with that particular client, it's the right thing to do - if that makes sense .

And yeah, I didn't think I liked law shows. WAY too dry. But this one isn't - at ALL. Boston Legal is to law shows what House is to doctor shows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
wolffootball37 wrote:

Yeah, that is kinda true. It is a bit left. But they do tend to go more for the center - making fun of the left side plenty too (just like South Park does! lol). So I dunno. You may find some merit in it, since they tend to take it case-by-case sorta, so it doesn't really matter if it's right or left, so long as in that particular case, with that particular client, it's the right thing to do - if that makes sense .

And yeah, I didn't think I liked law shows. WAY too dry. But this one isn't - at ALL. Boston Legal is to law shows what House is to doctor shows.

I see i see. Ill defiantly check it out then. Is it free online somewhere? (isnt everything now? )
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through legitimate means? I have no idea.
Then again, Canadians aren't allowed to watch TV for free online . At least not at ABC . *grumble grumble*

EDIT: Oh, also - I have to note that Alan Shore, Denny Crane (played by William Shatner ), and many of the other characters, are absolute letches lol. They're rich, greedy, letcherous fatcats. But they're loveable. And every so often, they have some absolutely noble moment that makes up for their sinful little lives and makes you - or me, at least - just adore them . It's very much House-like, in that way lol. I say the show's worth it just for the character study of Alan Shore, as well as his friendship with Denny. But I do warn you - they do bring up a lot of political issues. I think - and hope - they do it with the right perspective to make you not really care about which "side" is right, but you never know until you watch it lol.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this show, I didn't get into it right at the beginning though, but after I got into season 2 I got the whole of season1 on DVD

I love Alan and Denny, you can't have one without the other

I also love Jerry, he's so awkward but I love him

I quite like legal dramas and this for me is just the top of my list of faves
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already know my op on this hehe! I'm about to answer your PM btw.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charmed_charlie wrote:
I love this show, I didn't get into it right at the beginning though, but after I got into season 2 I got the whole of season1 on DVD

I love Alan and Denny, you can't have one without the other

I also love Jerry, he's so awkward but I love him

I quite like legal dramas and this for me is just the top of my list of faves

YES! Alan + Denny = love. And Jerry is just freaking awesome.
And I started in season 2 too, but then promptly watched the whole thing from start to finish lol.

I believe they're doing one more season of Boston Legal. I'm hoping it ends in a marvelous crescendo of half drama half comedy. Such a good show!

Also.... I think I'm gonna make a vid to this . Found a perfect song for it (Sam's Town by the Killers), and yeah - it deserves a vid . haha
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, hopefully they will end it on a high

Oooh coolies Yeah the song sounds ace for the vid
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Boston Legal - I watched the show from the start. I can't remember why but I tuned into the last season of The Practice where James Spader character - Alan Shore was on it... and I just loved the character - and I just followed his character over to Boston Legal. So I've been a fan of BL from the start. I love the comedic element to it but also it's not all comedy either - I have cried at the end of few episodes. I love when Alan get so into his closing arguments - I always look forward to them... and I adore the injokes that pop up in almost every episode... I loved in last weeks eppy where Alan and Denny went on a trip to some ranch and they are all outside arguing and some guy just says something and Alan is "Oh you're just an extra -you don't get to talk"
I can't believe that this is the final season! I wonder if they will end it like they always do - Alan and Denny out on the balcony

Oh and LOVE the opening credits!

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: