Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Virgin Suicides Trailer" by Captain Freya
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: "The Virgin Suicides Trailer" by Captain Freya Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Virgin Suicides Trailer" 06-03-2008
The tragic story of three troubled young women who eventually took their own lives, and the men who tried to stop them.
Song: Various by Various
Vidder: Captain Freya
Length: 2:29 (13.4MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juIsgac3flE

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Your manipped dialog was sooo well synced! I'm Very impressed! My very favorite part was when Jack and Kate were playing footsie under the table. You pulled that off so well. I also loved that part with Claire laughing and the audio "He made her laugh" very cool!! Fabulous job Freya!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
secret_neo
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: The Virgin Suicides Trailer by Captain Freya Reply with quote

haha, that was nice, great job!! never heard of it but still, great job!!
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: The Virgin Suicides Trailer by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I've only really dabbled with trailers before so I tried to pick something where there wouldn't be too much syncing to do.
I love the footsie bit too Nikki. Twas my fave bit to do. Poor, innocent Jack - He looked kinda scared of her!
And wow - thanks SecretNeo. It's good to know the master of trailers liked it!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo; dark and twisted - even if you didnt mean it to be! lol this was really cool; i think the sped up jate kiss at the end was my fave part. well done freya! id love to see more trailers from you

Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg. this was GREAT!!! I loved every part of it. Good job! Gold from me!!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG FREYA! Just...wow. This was very well done! The lip syncing, the clip choices, the title cards, the footsie scene was just great btw...everything about it was made of awesome. That's all there is to it. You even managed to fit the background music very well with the transitions! Now I really wanna see this movie. Great trailer!
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: The Virgin Suicides Trailer by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Awesome job, Freya! The lip sycing was great! I also liked the "he mad her laugh" part.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video Freya!
Very Dark I love it The lip synching was awesome it all fit great!
Smithers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: The Virgin Suicides Trailer by Captain Freya Reply with quote

I love this video, gave a longer quote on Youtube, but I figured I'd comment again here! Well done!
Naphie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done!!

Avatar made by me!! Banner made by Charlee!!
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: The Virgin Suicides Trailer by Captain Freya Reply with quote

Thank you - I'm noticing that the less time I spend on a video, the better the reaction it receives. Obviously, spur-of-the-moment vidding is the best way to go! I might do some more trailer cause they don't seem to take as long but they're fun to do Keep your eyes peeled for more...
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: The Virgin Suicides Trailer by Captain Freya Reply with quote

So when I first watched it I was like, "That was really good!" and now I just watched it again and I was like "Holy [Bleep] that was mother[bleeping] Awesome! Great job. I loved the dinner scene. Kate would totally be Kirstin Dunst's character in this movie. You did a really good job selecting clips. Got the mood just right!
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: The Virgin Suicides Trailer by Captain Freya Reply with quote

So when I first watched it I was like, "That was really good!" and now I just watched it again and I was like "Holy [Bleep] that was mother[bleeping] Awesome! Great job. I loved the dinner scene. Kate would totally be Kirstin Dunst's character in this movie. You did a really good job selecting clips. Got the mood just right!
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! That's so lovely to hear. It was originally gonna be much darker with some more detail on their suicides (like, Sayid carrying Shannon's body) but I decided to tone it down a bit cause the original trailer is more dreamy and romantic than dark and twisted, so I wanted to stick with that theme. I'm glad you liked it so much. It warms my cockles ( Why do people say that? Does anyone know where the cockles are located about the human anatomy and how they might be warmed?! lol)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: