Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top 5 fave Lost vidders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Top 5 fave Lost vidders Reply with quote

Hi guys, I just wanted to start this thread so some of the best vidders on the site can be recognised... don't get me wrong I think everyone here at LVI puts in such an awesome effort into all the vids here. And the talent around here is just amazing

So here are my top 5 vidders and my fave vid from them -

1. Lostzilla (Nate I love you man ) - This probably isn't a suprise to anyone, LZ you are a true genius IMHO when it comes to vid making... bring on the foo's!!! - My fave LZ vid (so far) would have to be Brand New Day by Forty Foot Echo Nate you're a legend!!!

2. Aislynn - you have only 2 vids on the site but both are brilliant - I'd have to say Cry Me A River by JT would be my fave of yours though, you just did it so well I look so forward to seein more vids by you!!!

3. Hobbes - Dude what can I say... you would have to be the core member of this site, you're a champion and I love your work - I couldn't decide between Sk8tr boi by Avril Lavigne and Your Horoscope for Today by Weird Al they are both so great!!! Dude you rock!!!

4. Rocksiren - my god!!! from the first time I saw Return to Innocence I was hooked, and every vid you did afterwards I just loved... you have an awesome talent... I also think it's a lot more unique from other vidders too - My fave would definately have to be Return to Innocence by Enigma... it's genius!!!

5. Jaime - I have loved every one of your vids and I don't think I have ever commented on them... so now here I am praising all your work. You have such great song choices and I can't wait to see what you did next - My fave would be Mad World by Gary Jules

Ok and here are 5 more who are just to great not too mention also

5 Honorable mentions
Holly_Baby84 - you have grown so much as a vidder and you're just such a sweetie love ya babe (Jason Lee rocks!!!) fave vid would be a toss between Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional and Untitled by Simple Plan.

Ringwench - Alert Status Red by Matthew Good is just brilliant and it deserved a mention

P Chan - Mr. Brightside by The Killers was such an awesome vid and I really hope to see more from you soon

S@m (Ally) - You already know how I feel about Wenn Engel hassen by Subway to Sally, I think you have great potential and this vid was just beautifully done

Pinched Circulation - You can't go past anything funnier and more genius than Particle Man by They Might Be Giants... Possibly one of the classic and funniest vids on the site.

Well there ya go... there's my ass kissing session done for now nah seriously I just thought I'd share my thoughts on just a small handful of talent we have here on LVI.

Keep up the good work people
Love ya's all

xoxfallen_angelxox
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Top 5 fave Lost vidders Reply with quote

I'll post here later, because I think I didn't see enough vidders, to tell who's the best ^^ but I will, promis

Quote:
S@m (Ally) - You already know how I feel about Wenn Engel hassen by Subway to Sally, I think you have great potential and this vid was just beautifully done

*blushs*
I fell very honored that you listed me up!
Thank you so much ^_________^!![/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vicky! You made my day (cause work sucks) . It means a lot to me and all the vidders you mentioned I'm sure.
Now here's my list.

Charmax - Do i have to tell you why? Prolly one of the best vidders... ever.
Hobbes - I love your Horoscope, genius.
Holly - You're getting better and better everyday, make me proud!
Laura - you're cutie! and great vidder! Just watch Ugly people.
Ann Whit - The pre-flight briefing is genius! Love it.
Vicky - you have a great sense of music and editing, just keep getting better and better

Auntie Aislynn - Need I remind you people that her Cry Me a River was created using WMM1?? That alone put her on this list!

So many vidders I couldn't remember but I love everyone's works and LVI is just the best! LOL

Keep up the great work People.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
*blushs*
I fell very honored that you listed me up!
Thank you so much ^_________^!!

No worries at all Ally

lostzilla wrote:
Vicky - you have a great sense of music and editing, just keep getting better and better

glad I made your day Nate... oh and I didn't expect you to return the compliments but thanks anyway i really appreciate it
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Five Vidders of All Time? Dy-lon, Dy-lon, Dy-lon... Dy-lon, and Dy-lon. Because he spits hot fire!!!! A rumm pumm pumm, a rumm pumm pingg!!

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l know what you mean, ONLY TOP 5 VIDDERS.
Alright, l'll try.

1. Nate- Is it any wonder why you're on everybodys top 5 list Nate. Probably not. LOL.
Nate, l love all of your vids but you DO already know that right?.
Especially "Sidewalks" and "Brand New Day". You're just so amazing at this vidding stuff and l always look forward to a new vid from you. Your number 1 fan just wanted to remind you just how much you rock!!!!
Loves ya Nate.

2. Ms. 4LAD- Laura, you know l do love you and all your vids right? Like l said, l'am a HUGE fan of all of your videos. You always make fast paced, kick ass vids that are never slow or boring. l Especially love "Cells", "Lies", "Ugly" and "Nobodys Home" but then again, l LOVE them all.

3. Charmax- What can say, you are vidding GODDESS. l was already a huge, huge fan of yours way before you started on LOST vids. l must've burned like almost every BTVS/AtS vid you ever made. LOL.
My favourite vid from you here would have to be your J/K/S triangle vid "Burn". l LOVED your March 2005 contest entry as well, no surprised that it won. All and all, you're Brilliant when it comes creating music vids.

4. Rocksiren- l also was immediately hooked on your "Return to Innocence" vid the moment l first set my eyes on it. This vid is still my favourite ensemble out of all the ones l've ever seen. You did such an amazing, AMAZING job on it and l so love ya for makin it. l also really enjoyed "Vengeance is Thine". Great work hun.

5. Ringwench and Uruviel- This one was a tie because l love both of these vidders so much and they both had to be in my top 5 list somewhere.

Ringwench, your Locke vid "Clint Eastwood" is the BEST Locke vid yet by far. You also did such an awesome job on it and l just wanna thank ya for making it. l LOVED it. Same with your "Under the Influence" video.

Uruviel, l have loved probably pretty close to every vid you have made. My favs from you are "Why Don't You And I", "Welcome To The Jungle" and your Charlie vid "Save Me". l'am also diffinately a huge fan of your work as well and l look forward to new vids from you as well. As soon as l know you have a new vid up on your site, l'am right there downloading it. LOL.

Great Job Ringwench and Uruviel, You Both Rock!

Quote:
Holly_Baby84 - you have grown so much as a vidder and you're just such a sweetie love ya babe (Jason Lee rocks!!!) fave vid would be a toss between Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional and Untitled by Simple Plan.

Thanks Vicky for the honorable mention. l'am so glad you like my vids as l do yours too. l especially loved your Kate vid "Fear". Graet job on it btw and l love ya too.

Quote:
Holly - You're getting better and better everyday, make me proud!

Thanks again Nate and l'm happy l make ya Proud, as l'm sure you make everyone else here proud as well what with all the awesome vids you make.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I can change my list *ggggg*

• fallen_angel: ~ always always ~ and Never Had So Much Fun ^^
    I'm really on love with your vids *ggg* you've got such a
    good taste

• Channing (Lostwithsawyer): your work is just adorable!!

• Ann White: best preflight video ever, you should sell it XDD

• crazymol4588: I enjoy to watch your vids ^^

• LithiumDoll: your video was one of the first I saw, and I still love it!!!

others:

Natezilla: You know what think about your work, but you didn't make it into my list because I'm not Jater. although your last masterpiece was with Sawyer there were just not enough Sawyer-masterpieces*ggg*

Hobbes: Your work is awesome ^^

Aislynn: I should put you into list for ' cry me a river' so just feel like put in!!!!

Holly: I adore your work, also, just not enough Sawyer *ggg*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love you all, but i'm so not doing this--you know how many people i'd leave out doing a top 5? My pisces conscience can't take it-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean
because I just realized that I forgot you T_T
shame on me!!
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
I know what you mean
because I just realized that I forgot you T_T
shame on me!!

no shame, i'm not one of my favorites--i really can't reply in these types of threads-i'm too afaid of missing my favorites or making people feel left out. Ally I'm kakameyme--which is yiddish for crazy

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow *blushes* I can't believe I made two people's lists! Thanks guys!

I can't possibly list all my fave vidders as there are so many (and I hate to leave anyone out), but I'd have to say that Laura is probably my favorite Lost vidder

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Laura on this one Mentioning a top five or whatnot would just be too much to handle here >.< there are a LOT of awesome vidders here, and most of them are really not that far apart in their talents.
Thanks to anyone who put(s) me on their list but I implore you! put me lower! others need mentionaing too >.< lol...

For instance, Enchirito is a GOD of these videos in my book while his aren't the most emotional or rocking experiences that just hook you, his vids are so damn original, which is EXTREMELY hard to do, especially when you're a judge and have seen over 400 videos that will crush any idea you ever have... LOL. I'd also like to shout out to Lostcalier, in fear that she might not be mentioned over these powerhouses in here Haunted was a beautiful vid. It's really tough to use such slow songs and make a good video to them. She may not give me those beats I always crave in a video, but her clip choice is definitely worth mentioning.

And now let me tell you all what I told Nate when he first joined the council *sage look*
It was predicted long, long ago, that one day there would be a battle of epic proportions. This battle would be between two legendary tales whose vidding skills were so great, they might destroy the world in their wake and....
Oh nevermind, talking all mystic is tough!
Lets explain this.... in pokemon form!

Warren Caught Pimpzilla!
Now the final battle with Charmaxard!

GO PIMPZILLA! GO!!!

*PSEWWW ZIINNGG SSHAZZAMMM BOOOONNNNGG*

(WHO WILL WIN?! FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON....)

And there you have it... I have no idea who will win, Nate or Charmax, but one day that's how the world will end... yep... so you best hope you choose a side now! Coincidentally, Charmax seems to be missing from here possibly to plot a nefarious scheme?!?! AHHHHH!!!!!!

And finally, I can't leave without saying that Holly amazes me! When her first vids came in, I was alittle scared but now she's absolutely one of the best viddrs I know And don't think that it's all because you switched to a new editor or something, Holly, because you were getting that great right before you switched! I hate having to say this over and over how you've "really improved so much!" but it's sadly and happily true.. lol Amazing last videos. I'm waiting a bit until I write you into the tale too, but I don't know! could be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I'd also like to shout out to Lostcalier, in fear that she might not be mentioned over these powerhouses in here Haunted was a beautiful vid. It's really tough to use such slow songs and make a good video to them. She may not give me those beats I always crave in a video, but her clip choice is definitely worth mentioning.

Thanks for the shout out Warren. There are real vidding gods here so I would never expect to make a top 5 list. I'm glad you thought highly of "Haunted" but it's no where near being on par with other vids here and we won't even get into "Perfect" which I still hope to redo one day soon. I'm just happy giving fellow vidders a place to showcase there work. Maybe someday soon I'll get past this vidders block and make a vid that I'm as happy with as I was with "Haunted" (granted it took me watching my own vid like 5 times to be happy with it but it is one of those vids that has to grow on you...lol).

I couldn't pick just 5 vidders if I tried. Everyone here is incredible which makes it near impossible to pick out just five. I don't even think I could do a top 10 or 20. Every vidder here has talent. Some are more advanced then others but with LVI the newbies have a chance to study at the feet of some of the best this fandom has to offer.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And finally, I can't leave without saying that Holly amazes me! When her first vids came in, I was alittle scared but now she's absolutely one of the best vidders I know And don't think that it's all because you switched to a new editor or something, Holly, because you were getting that great right before you switched! I hate having to say this over and over how you've "really improved so much!" but it's sadly and happily true.. lol Amazing last videos. I'm waiting a bit until I write you into the tale too, but I don't know! could be.

Awww...thanks so much Warren. That just brightened up my day tremendously.
l know what you mean too about those first vids l made and sent in. Eeek! LOL.

Thanks again for the kind words and compliments Warren. l believe the reason l've been getting better is because of Nate. Back when l first started talking to him on here and on msn, he gave me quite a few tips and pointers in vidding. So thank you Nate.

Warren, you know that l love your work too right? Your Beautiful Goodbye vid was one of the first ones l seen on this site back when it only had like maybe 15 vids or less. l also love, love, LOVE your Sk8er Boi vid. One of my favourite C/C vids ever!
And now with your new "Your Horoscope for Today" vid. WOW is all l have to say about it.
You're also one of my favourite vidders here and l think your amazing as well. So thanks to you too Warren for the awesome, most kick ass vids EVER.
You ROCK!!!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give a list but it's pretty much everyone else's

Nate
Warren
Holly
Aislynn
Laura

That's in no particular order.

Or is it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: