Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fringe
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Fringe Reply with quote

A show coming to Fox sometime this year from J.J. Abrams and I think will have the guy who plays Abaddon in it.

Plot: A television drama centered around a female FBI agent who is forced to work with an institutionalized scientists in order to rationalize a brewing storm of unexplained phenomena.

The only big name actor I see for this show is Joshua Jackson, but here is the IMDB movie page for it.

May be good, may not be good, but it would be something to check out during the hiatus I suppose.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this looks quite interesting and noticed on the trailer that Lance Reddick is in it who also stars in Lost this season once in a while lol.
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to checking this one out. J.J. Abrams usually doesn't disappoint.

Am glad to see Josh Jackson back on TV. He was my favorite person on Dawson's Creek, and by far the best actor of the bunch. So yay - good to see him.

Though I'm a little worried about this one being on Fox, as Fox is kind of cancel-happy with their shows. If they don't get the viewers they want on the first episode, it's as good as gone. They tend not to drag their shows into the ground before cancellation like a lot of other networks do. So it'll be interesting to see how this one does....
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont' know if you've noticed that a Preair dvd is available. It was leacked yesterday. JJ Abrams rules. It was a great episode.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to catch the preair eppy.

Spoiler:

I don't think it helped having a bad headache while watching it but the show just seems very confusing. I know its just the pilot but we know nothing about the disease that made people's skin transparent or anything about the organization goldilocks is presumably going to be working for.

They totally stole the theme from Lost when they are climbing the cliff which was stupidly out of place I hope it was just stuck in there until they come up with an original score for that part. The character of the Professor played by the guy from LOTR was very funny and enjoyable they should have made it just about him and his son or something I don't like the girl's character much. When she went into her boyfriend's dreams to talk to him I hated that part as it just seems really cheesy.

What the hell is the show about? lol Don't think I'm gonna be tuning in again.

Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I am looking forward to it even though I've heard various people who saw the preair dvd or a screening in LA disappointed.

Banner by Sarah

Writing4aCause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna watch this tonight...see if it's worth becoming addicted to... Lol.

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it and it was pretty good wasn't phenomenal like Lost was. but im hoping the errors in it can be banged out as they usually are with new shows and pilot episodes. I like Olivia but she was too teary-eyed for me; i wanted her more stoic and strong like most of JJ's leads females. I LOVED josh jackson; he was the seller for me and definitely the best on the show. Why do I think he has a Charlie/dom monagan quality? I think its the brow; they furrow the same way. and they have those concerned yet innocent eyes *fangirl moment* anyway; ill watch it again and hope it gets better. I do love that Michael Giaacchino is doing the music and that freaky virus thing at the start was awesome; i think it just kinda fell flat-ish at the end. I thought that John was gonna die and was a little disappointed when he didn't. altho the mind link dream was cool. Don't like the terminator arm woman and it annoys me that she appears to be the "Widmore" of Fringe :S:S

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like the dream sequence thing it crosses the line between believable sci fi and crazy sci fi. Episode 2 does something similar aswell :/ I know what you mean about the terminator woman lol she just comes across as a bit of a nothing character to me is this the antagonist? I hope not.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i know what ya mean but i guess with sci-fi they're allowed to go weird/out there cos its meant to not be believable. still; there are better ways to do it. Locke's dream in Further Instructions for example.

dont spoil me too much, but is episode two any better? how do you think it rates next to the pilot?

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched both epis and I like the show a lot! Not gonna get obsessed like with Lost, but there were of cool things in it! Plus it's funny to see Denethor as a mad scientist!
OvariesOfSteel
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The female cast is deplorable, but the Bishops make up for it. Truly. I am holding out hope that the actress playing Olivia either gets some acting lessons or is killed or replaced, but from what I understand she is someone important's niece, so probably not.

I think the huge lettering everywhere is distracting and wish there was more of Charlie. I love that actor.

Will continue to watch for sure, but not entirely satisfied.

Banner by Sarah

Writing4aCause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 2 is more of the same I hope it gets better. I just expected a killer show and it's not ;/ It seems like they are dealing with different stories every ep so you'll get a new story in ep2
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i dont mind that they repeated the pilot ep here again tonight and i found out why i think it annoys me; they over explained things. like the stuff with getting that guy outta the psych place; they kept going over it and i was like 'alright; already. i get it!' :S

NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm a little late on this, but I finally managed to catch a bit of Fringe. So far, it's enjoyable to me. It's not as awesome as Lost, obviously, but it's still cool. It really reminds me of the X-Files and I think that's why I like it.

I really don't like the female lead though. I think they could have done a better job casting someone more likable and capable as an actress. The character is honestly just really lame and uninteresting to me. I think the show would be much better if they either got a different actress or they just focused on the Bishops.

But honestly, she's the only part of the show I don't care for. A lot of is is cheesy, yea (like the going into people's subconscious and oh yeah - we just happen to have a camera that can see the image before you die? ) but it's intriguing. I adore Joshua Jackson and I think he's doing a fantastic job.

However, I think the Walter Bishop steals the show. He's easily the absolute best thing about the show. They should just make it about him - crazy old guy who says funny things. And has a cow! I love the cow, it's so random But yeah - the actor (I forget his name) is really great - I can't wait to see more!!

I'm still about two episodes behind I think. I might try and catch up this weekend
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: