Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vegas stops rendering!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Vegas stops rendering! Reply with quote

I am trying to save something that I "need" (sort of) to get to someone today; a quick response is helpful!

Vegas 7.0c keeps crashing when I try to render the video. It crashes at multiple points on the render , but never over 15% (30 seconds-ish into the video). What's weird is that 30sec is part of the 1min or so of video that I had previously, successfully rendered, so I know it's not a file compatibility issue or the like.

Any ideas? Thanks.

ETA: I am trying to render it in smaller pieces now, and still running into the same issue. It's not a memory issue or anything like that, nor is my system low on other resources (rebooted right before).
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might be an issue with the clips. sometimes that happens to me with certain episodes/clips, normally when they're AVI. if you could get another version of the clips your after, or perhaps render them again in WMV in a new vegas file and re-import them; that might help:)

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the strange thing, though; it's a) not stopping on the same clip all the time and b) is stopping at a place I successfully rendered before.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMM used to do that to me all the time and it inevitably was one of the clips that was giving it a problem, even though it didn't stop/crash at the same point each time. So I know that it can be a clip down the timeline that's causing havoc with earlier ones.

Hm, I was going to ask if you were able to render it in pieces but I see you said that you weren't able to do that.

If you've worked in linear fashion (or basically just know which sections you've worked on last), I would try going through and (saving your original project first, of course, and possibly even renaming the file as "test" or something to make sure you don't accidentally save over it) removing the last bunch of clips that you put in, then try rendering. If it fails, remove the batch before, etc. going on down the line until you hopefully find which set of clips it is that's throwing the wrench in things.

I forgot to ask first but do you have any clips that are in a different format from the rest of them (such as .MPEG in with your .AVI or vice-versa)? If they're new to the project, they could be your culprit or could be causing a bit of a conflict in there.

Good luck getting it sorted out! It's so frustrating when things just won't work like they're supposed to!
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this happened with me before on a vid where everytime i tried to render it would stop at like 1 percent and say i was low on storage, which is impossible since i have 8gb lol nothing would work till one day i just copied ans pasted the whole timeline into a new vegas file, saved it under a diff name and then it rendered fine for some reason. not sure what the problem was or how that fixed it but if nothing else works, maybe you could try that lol
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paging rbexter: Check in this thread for further advice (not mine)! The specific advice here was not pertinent to my problem, but perhaps it will be to yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: