Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Darkness To Light - Part 1" by nikkimonique
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: "Darkness To Light - Part 1" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Darkness To Light - Part 1" 09-08-2010
Kate is devastated by Jacks decision to stay on the island. She is convinced he is going to come back to her and refuses to move on until she meets a man in a similar situation. Credit to Kat for the vid pic.
Song: Storm by Lifehouse
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 4:08 (100mb mov)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ij2MR_a58c

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was GORGEOUS nikki!! Yay for this song!!! i adore it!!!! I'm sure you knew that!

I had so many fave moments!! I think the proposal was my fave of all though, on her birthday that was so sweet! and then David patting the bed "We're married now" ADORABLE! The Skate friendship was so cute too; like them playing Risk And going to the doctor to see about her pregnancy... Awesome! I can't wait to make part 2! xxxx

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proposal is my favorite too! I can't wait to see what you do with part 2!!! Gives me chills just thinking about it!! Thanks for inspiring me on this one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was sooo amazing, Nikki! How much do I love that you've entered the world of OC's? You're going to get all attached to him and have all kinds of vids planned before you know it.

Your manips were so fantastic, I loved the proposal scene and the scene when Sawyer and your OC were playing that board game together, it was so cute. A lot of your manips seemed pretty original too, so it was fun to see a bunch of new ones! I feel like I use a lot of the same ones sometimes. My absolute fave was the ending though, it was so sad and touching. Poor Jack and Kate and OC guy! They were just moving on and being happy again! ... He really does need a name.

Can't wait to see the next part from Kat!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Allie! Yes he needs a name! I should probably give him a name that Kate has said before. hmmmm

donna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Darkness To Light - Part 1 by nikkimonique Reply with quote

I loved this...and Jack's back :O Can't wait to see what happens next.
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Darkness To Light - Part 1 by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Wow that ending was awesome and really convincing. Brilliant stuff here I actually really want to know what happens next.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Darkness To Light - Part 1 by nikkimonique Reply with quote

I liked this a lot because I feel that's what happened to Kate. She has no idea what happened to Jack and I bet part of her always waited for him, and you captured that so well. I also liked the Return To Me clips you chose too. I really liked the manips you chose, they were placed together so perfectly. That ending blew my mind. Can't wait for the sequel.
grable24
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Darkness To Light - Part 1 by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Amazing vid! One of the few AU vids that I really REALLY enjoyed.

3868 wrote:
I liked this a lot because I feel that's what happened to Kate. She has no idea what happened to Jack and I bet part of her always waited for him, and you captured that so well.

Hopefully Hurley would have got in contact with the rest of the survivors in order to give them some closure on Jack. That way Kate wouldn't have had to live out the rest of her life wondering what really happened to him.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Darkness To Light - Part 1 by nikkimonique Reply with quote

This is sooooooooooo freaking awesome, Nikki!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ I am kind of obsessed right now with wondering what Kate's life would be like post-island, so this was great timing and such an amazing story! I gasped at the end! The manips were awesome and I am soooo excited to see Kat's continuation. GOLD!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna, Yep! Jack is back, baby! Woo I can't wait for part 2 either!

DJC, I''m so honored to get a comment from you b/c your vids are so good and I know you aren't a big fan of AUs so I'm psyched you liked mine! Thanks!

Brooke, yep I think this is what happened to Kate too! Poor thing!!

Lauren, Thanks! I'm honored by your comment as well!

Julia, Thanks! Glad the end made you gasp! That's what I was hoping for! Also, I'm obsessed about poor Kate too. I wanted to involve Aaron in this too but there wasn't room. Maybe in a future Kate AU/Post Island vid.

namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Darkness To Light - Part 1 by nikkimonique Reply with quote

I was holding my breath when that door bell rang and I SCREAMED when it was jack!!! I watched it 4 times...How amazing this was........AAAHHH
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Darkness To Light - Part 1 by nikkimonique Reply with quote

I finished watching and I was sitting in awe for like 5 minutes or so. This is so freaking fantastic. The ending blew my mind. Great. Do I really have to say it again? You're *the* AU queen.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol thanks Nikki

Oh and Ali I just saw your post too! Thank you! Awww

aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Darkness To Light - Part 1 by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Wow, that was quick!
Btw, I can't wait to see what happens next. And I'm kinda torn about it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: