Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music Video Links
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Music Video Links Reply with quote

I thought it would be nice to have a place where we could all post links to good video sites (like LVI) for other genres.

Of course, the reason I'm asking is because I want something. Does anyone know where I can find any music videos for the movie "Life as a House"?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea! Consider this the official "Music Video Links" thread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I was so confused when I couldn't find my thread.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwahahahah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only link I know of off hand is www.buffyvids.com. It's an archive of links to several Jossverse vids. There are a lot of really good ones linked thru to it.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool idea for a thread! Now, if I only had something to bring to the table...

I actually just tried doing a search for fan vids on various subjects the other night but all I found were broken links and one site that insisted on lobbing pop-ups through my pop-up blocker, all of which were ads for Tupperware.

No, I'm not kidding. I would never kid about Tupperware pop-ups...

~Aislynn
LithiumDoll
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

http://www.farscapefantasy.com/videos/ - kinda the granddaddy of this sort of archiving. Over 400 Farscape vids now, I think
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow, the Buffyverse Music Video Database is insane! Did'ja check out their advanced search feature! Holy cow! That's truly advanced!

Someday... that'll be LVI. Can you see it?
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, nevermind. I can't seem to get to any of the videos I find, much less make them work! Let that NEVER be LVI.
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, with the BVMVD, I've noticed that yeah, some of th links are broken, but I've found a great deal of them work... It's a gamble to find the good ones, and when you do, you'll know.

Also, if you want to see creativity, originality and what not... www.morbidmuch.com . The best fandom vid I've ever seen is there, and it's actually 2 vids and a trailer called Slay Him and it's based on Kill Bill. It's the best I've truly ever seen.
Astarte

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Charmax and me are working on converting Ryan to Lost. This should be only a matter of time... The boy can't resist challenge and temptation and we are offering both to him!

About BMVDB it's that a data base, vidders put their work up for easy notification in the fandom, it's not a council of quality and if you know the names of the vidders, who are good, it is a great site. Think of it as the search engine for Buffy Vids...
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: This website has it all.... I think Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone knows about this one but this website has links to almost everything and anything...

here's the link
http://www.dreamvision-entertainment.com/videoelite/resources.html

Enjoy
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping they get around to judging the videos on LVI... it'd be nice to see a few of these really great vids getting the professional awards they deserve... but unfortunately with their system of getting around to the sites, with no suggesting or sent-in videos allowed, it could be a loooooonngggg wait. How do I know they haven't looked here yet? Easy. No Lost awards yet well actually, that's not QUITE true, there was that "Worry about you" vid... seemed okay... but I think if that one got an award, then there are far too many on here that can match those standards. They might just be avoiding LVI to prevent having to make that many awards You guys rock.

Last edited by Hobbes on Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants to check out my website. I just got it back online finally after it being down forever due to money issues.

Here it is:

http://www.ringwench.com

It's got mainly Buffy vids on it but I also have a couple of Lord of the Rings vids and a Harry Potter vid.

Some are kinda old and not as good as they could be, but I can't fix any as I don't have my source files for them anymore!

A note to the mods (I'll email you this info too, just in case you don't check this thread). I'm hosting my Lost vids on my site now, so to save bandwidth you can take them off LVI and just post links to them (but thanks for hosting them in the meantime!). The links are here:

http://www.ringwench.com/undertheinfluence.zip

http://www.ringwench.com/alertstatusred.zip
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lose that "Fear" LOTR music video Ringwench
and already seen that "Horoscope" one, but still HI-larius
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: