Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ask a Council Member!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im done witht the video now for this month contest Im just not sure if it fits the contest exactly It's a video about how the oceanic 6 is getting crazy of all the lies they are telling.
But it's also a lot about how Sun is missing Jin and stuff like that and not only about the lies they are telling. I didn't know if it was okay so I thought I would let you guys watch it and say what you think?

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wXU312xOeI
It would be nice if you could say what you think about it today cause im going on holiday tommorow
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please?? If I don't submit it today I can't be in the contest and I really want to
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should just submit it and then the council can decide if it fits the contests rules or not...*shrug* thats what I'd do b/c they probably won't all have time to look at it today.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup I think I will do that Nikki I didn't want all of them to look at the video just one of them but it's okay that they don't have the time right now
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna go watch your vid on youtube...I'll leave you a comment on there.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww thank you so much for such a sweet comment!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Majs! I'm really glad you went ahead and submitted it! That's always best, because we can't include it in the contest if it's not on site. We really can't say too much about it until after the contest has been judged and the results are posted but I had a look at it for you just now and there's nothing that would disqualify you, if that's what you're concerned about.

It'll be coming on site in just a little bit and you'll be entered into the contest as well. If, after that time, you want us to give you more official Council feedback (like what we thought worked well and what we thought might could be improved on for future vids) then let us know at that time and we'll be happy to do that then. Good luck and thanks for entering!

Also, thanks, Nikki!
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I would love some council feedback
And thanks for the good luck in the contest Can't wait to see the results
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Trey fallen down a well and can't get out?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Has Trey fallen down a well and can't get out?

does Paul like man meat?
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah no he's just lurking *shiver*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I know this video is a bit older, but I always wonder why I didn't get a CP for my video We Used to Be Friends (LOST Connections). I've only ever gotten one CP, so I understand that only a few of my videos will ever get CPs, but I don't know, I thought it was pretty good. I get really nice comments on it, and it took me a long time to come up with all the connections and put them in a coherent circle.

Now, I know the video has flaws. It's fast paced and can lead to some dizziness from the sheer amount of info presented in it. But I really thought it was well planned and edited nicely. Plus, the song choice is pretty spot on, in my opinion.

I understand if you can't change anything, but I would really appreciate it if you took another look.

Thanks!
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, MPJ! We'll confer and get back to you with our thoughts on "We Used To Be Friends" as soon as we possibly can!

However, I'm worried about something you said here...

MPJ wrote:
I've only ever gotten one CP, so I understand that only a few of my videos will ever get CPs, but I don't know, I thought it was pretty good.

Ever since we upgraded to LVI 5.0 which allows voting by all members, each video is voted on by Council Members individually, just like all members do. If 3 CMs happen to have voted Gold, then a Gold CP is generated. So each of your vids has an equal chance of receiving a Gold VP or CP.

We certainly don't pigeon-hole a vidder because they didn't have a certain number of CPs and then say they never would get one, or anything at all like that, I promise! First of all, that would never allow for anybody to improve and that's at the heart of what the voting, both VP and CP, is about, offering incentives to learn and grow as a vidder. But most of all, that would just be plain wrong. We have a lot of vidders come in and work their way up from Bronzes, to Silvers, to Gold VP/CPs as their skills increase. And that's what we love best to see!

So I hope that answers that concern for you right away. It wouldn't matter if you had a 100 vids with no VP on them at all, your 101st could get a Gold VP and CP on it if has all of the qualities that both CMs and all of the membership look for in a Gold vid.

Thanks for your question and again, we'll get back to you ASAP.
MPJ
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I completely understand. Of course I'm not saying that my record means I won't get a CP, that's why I keep trying new and interesting techniques to challenge myself as a vidder. I think your system is very fair and really helpful. Thanks so much for replying so soon.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'm really so glad to hear that! I definitely didn't want you to feel like the odds were now stacked against you or anything like that!

We're compiling our thoughts on your vid, so we should hopefully have that for you in a few days, if not sooner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: