Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ask a Council Member!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
GriiFin wrote:
ello I am just wondering - I recently uploaded a video (The season 5 promo) and it still hasnt got any votes and things. Of course I do not mean to say that that vid deserves only praise, but u know as a regular vidder I am always looking forward to ANY comments. Recently I found out that I really like making openings, trailers and promos and this was my first serious try on a promo. And I was really hoping for some critisism, because I think there is always something to improve
---
just by the way.. this is the one of the best sites ive ever been on. Seriously, so many nice ppl.. I just never said it

Hey, I just watched your video (which was awesome btw ) and I voted, but once the page refreshed it just came up with the voting page again.

This has happened to me several times now, where I've voted and the page has refreshed but the vote hasn't gone through. Just thought I'd mention it seeing as it's happened quite a few times.

happens to me to, jemmz. it never 'sticks' the first time; usually the third. not sure if its a glitch or wotnot. Warren?

wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Jemmz wrote:
GriiFin wrote:
ello I am just wondering - I recently uploaded a video (The season 5 promo) and it still hasnt got any votes and things. Of course I do not mean to say that that vid deserves only praise, but u know as a regular vidder I am always looking forward to ANY comments. Recently I found out that I really like making openings, trailers and promos and this was my first serious try on a promo. And I was really hoping for some critisism, because I think there is always something to improve
---
just by the way.. this is the one of the best sites ive ever been on. Seriously, so many nice ppl.. I just never said it

Hey, I just watched your video (which was awesome btw ) and I voted, but once the page refreshed it just came up with the voting page again.

This has happened to me several times now, where I've voted and the page has refreshed but the vote hasn't gone through. Just thought I'd mention it seeing as it's happened quite a few times.

happens to me to, jemmz. it never 'sticks' the first time; usually the third. not sure if its a glitch or wotnot. Warren?

same here i always have to do it twice. Griifin. It was a really good promo. You kept the mood going well and the editing was great. It does take a while, especially for a new vidder for their first videos to be watched and recognised. But be patient, youll get allot more comments and votes and youll keep improving and get more notice as you stay active longer. Trust me dude, my first vid only had 2 replies to it, i know what its like.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Aislynn wrote:
We'll confer and then get back with you ASAP with our review, Sassy!

I already talked with someone else about it, and I have an idea of what to change next time....so if you haven't already done this, then no worries about it. I know you all are busy. hehe

Sorry it took us a few days to get back to you, Sassy, but we sent you a PM just a little bit ago. Hope it helps a little bit!
GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
Griifin. It was a really good promo. You kept the mood going well and the editing was great. It does take a while, especially for a new vidder for their first videos to be watched and recognised. But be patient, youll get allot more comments and votes and youll keep improving and get more notice as you stay active longer. Trust me dude, my first vid only had 2 replies to it, i know what its like.
yey, thanks I'm just always a bit dissapointed when I dont get any comments. It makes me feel that the vid is bad or something and I dont know why Well, I'm planning to stay on this site, since (like ive already said) it's one of the best vidding sites on the internet. Thanks again for the answer
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GriiFin wrote:
wolffootball37 wrote:
Griifin. It was a really good promo. You kept the mood going well and the editing was great. It does take a while, especially for a new vidder for their first videos to be watched and recognised. But be patient, youll get allot more comments and votes and youll keep improving and get more notice as you stay active longer. Trust me dude, my first vid only had 2 replies to it, i know what its like.
yey, thanks I'm just always a bit dissapointed when I dont get any comments. It makes me feel that the vid is bad or something and I dont know why Well, I'm planning to stay on this site, since (like ive already said) it's one of the best vidding sites on the internet. Thanks again for the answer

it's certainly not that people dont like it; i assure you. it's just we tend to get rushes of vids and some just get lost in there. its not intentional; just happens

NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope I've come to the right place

I've been wondering what the LVI Policy (wow, that sounds so official!) is on revised videos. For me, vidding is a continual process; even though I've finished a video, it's never really finished; I always see room for improvement. Sometimes I get to re-editing and sometimes I don't.

But lately and especially after the rest of season 4 transpired, I've been revising my Chop Suey video, trying to fix some of the glitches and generally trying to make it work even better. As far as submitting to LVI, would I take my other one down and put the new version up, or would I just post it as a new and improved version?

Please enlighten me, oh wise LVI Council *bows*
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, Abby! Yep, you have indeed come to the right place!

How serious of a revision is this? Is it basically just one or two new scenes and maybe a bit of nip and tucking? Or is it closer to being a true remastering, nearly a whole new vid?

If it's just a few minor tweaks and you just basically want to swap the link out from the old version to the new, we can do that. Or are you looking to have this presented as a "new" vid with the intent of it getting its own votes etc.?
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeek...that's a hard one. Basically, I think I have to decide what I want to do.

At first, it was a few minor tweaks, adding a couple scenes, trying to fix the glitches, but the more I think about it, since I have a few more vids under my belt now, I'm thinking of re-doing the whole thing. But that could take awhile, so like I said, it's something to think about.

I think I'm just going to play it by ear and see what I come up with. But it's good to know if I need to tweak something, I can swap it out. Thanks for letting me know Aislynn!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing! Just let us know what you need whenever you know you need it!
desmondwatch
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I finally finally finished my "Superstition" video. I'd like to share it here but I've never made a submission to the LVI main page. I have reservations about submitting it since it's 98% season two footage and might not be relevant. I didn't want to just throw it in the videos thread since I didn't want to violate any rules. Should I submit it? Would one of you rather beta it first?
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

I reckon you should submit it it doesn't matter at all if its mainly season two footage. as long as its mostly lost footage; that's all that matters!! its always relevant and it wont violate rules as long as it doesn't have any stolen clips in it if you'd like a beta; i'd post a new thread asking for one in this Artistic section and someone might help you out

desmondwatch
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! will do!!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, LVI Council!

So I'm wondering...my vid, "Face Down," got silver. I realize that it maybe wasn't the best AU ever, but I thought I did pretty well with it. Would you mind telling me what could have been better about it? I didn't use a whole lot of manipped scenes or dialogue..do vids seem to get voted higher if people manip a lot of stuff? A review would be very much appreciated, because I'd really like to know what I could have done better. Thanks!!

art by me&tammy
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Eryn! We'll review and get back to you ASAP! (It usually takes us about a week. )
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thankies, Ais!

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: