Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ask a Council Member!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Ask a Council Member! Reply with quote

This is a thread for anyone who has questions on any of their videos, whether it be why it has received a certain award, or just general questions and concerns. Please don't hesitate posting here, we all want to try and help everyone become better vidders and the only way that will work is though communication!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread Trey, thanks! I'll definitely ask questions about my Stacy's mom vid, if needed!

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Thread Trey
Will definatly use in the future
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mean to be arrogant here but why didn't my vid place for the contest? A lot of the videos that did used cool animated graphics. That why? How could I have improved it? Thanks.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Don't mean to be arrogant here but why didn't my vid place for the contest? A lot of the videos that did used cool animated graphics. That why? How could I have improved it? Thanks.

Paul, i reeeaaally don't feel qualified to give you advice on vidding haha. Um i think its just how the points worked out. Theres not really a reason why you didn't place you know, Your vid was excellent, and very unique. I watched the winning vids and yes they were very much effects/ action oriented so that could be a factor. Also, because there were so many vids we had to take points off for following rules. You had Vincent and the smoke monster cast, though it was funny and cool, that might have lost a point or two from some people, i know that sounds anal, but it was really the only way we could narrow down the entries to a solid winner. Again, it was a VERRY tight race, you know how the points system works. I hope that helped man, if you have anymore questions please ask!!!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay thanks for that Trey. Well done to you guys on managing to get through all of them I don't envy you lol
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know 4 days isn't long but my video hear you me still has no comments or votes. It is on the 2nd page of newest videos now so I doubt it will be noticed. I was really hoping for some constructive comments and can't help but think since there are no opinions, that everybody hated it.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Becca! I'm sorry, I haven't had the chance to comment on it yet but I'm going to. Anyway, would you like us to send you a Council review with our thoughts on it?
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup please. I really need to figure out how to make a cannon vid more original.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie-dokie! It'll take us a few days to get back to you with it.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm wondering why my "The Search" vid is getting so many silver votes. I thought it was a pretty good AU. The editing wasn't fancy, but with this type of vid (The Nikki Style. hehe) you don't really do that usually. There was a lot of scene manipping that I thought looked pretty decent, and I thought I'd at least get some points for a creative storyline (which I'm told was easy to follow). I used more obscure characters, rather than going with Kate/Jack/Sawyer like many (including me, of course!) do, and it was a story that I've never seen explored at all before.

I'm not trying to be conceited or anything, I totally don't want to come off that way! lol I certainly don't think I'm the best, or even one of 'THE BEST' vidders on this site, not by any means. hehe I was just very happy with this vid, and thought it would be an easy CP, but I keep getting voted silver. I'm alright with it, I just want to keep getting better, so it's just not what I expected. I don't need anything in depth. It's not something you have to spend a long time on or anything. lol I was just wondering a few basic reasons why this vid isn't doing as well as I had hoped. I've seen vids that I think are just as good (by different vidders) get CP's quickly, so I'm not really sure this time. Oh, and I don't care if you post it in this thread for other people to see too, or if you PM it to me. It doesn't matter, I just want a few things I could have changed. I made it in only a couple of days, so maybe I should have spent more time on it...

Thanks a lot guys. Again, I don't mean to just talk up my vid, this was simply my prior opinion of it. I was proud of it! hehe I admit it. xD The main point is, I want to get better as a vidder, so I'd love some input that I can put to use next time I decide to do a vid like this (if I do).
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll confer and then get back with you ASAP with our review, Sassy!
GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ello I am just wondering - I recently uploaded a video (The season 5 promo) and it still hasnt got any votes and things. Of course I do not mean to say that that vid deserves only praise, but u know as a regular vidder I am always looking forward to ANY comments. Recently I found out that I really like making openings, trailers and promos and this was my first serious try on a promo. And I was really hoping for some critisism, because I think there is always something to improve
---
just by the way.. this is the one of the best sites ive ever been on. Seriously, so many nice ppl.. I just never said it
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
We'll confer and then get back with you ASAP with our review, Sassy!

I already talked with someone else about it, and I have an idea of what to change next time....so if you haven't already done this, then no worries about it. I know you all are busy. hehe
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GriiFin wrote:
ello I am just wondering - I recently uploaded a video (The season 5 promo) and it still hasnt got any votes and things. Of course I do not mean to say that that vid deserves only praise, but u know as a regular vidder I am always looking forward to ANY comments. Recently I found out that I really like making openings, trailers and promos and this was my first serious try on a promo. And I was really hoping for some critisism, because I think there is always something to improve
---
just by the way.. this is the one of the best sites ive ever been on. Seriously, so many nice ppl.. I just never said it

Hey, I just watched your video (which was awesome btw ) and I voted, but once the page refreshed it just came up with the voting page again.

This has happened to me several times now, where I've voted and the page has refreshed but the vote hasn't gone through. Just thought I'd mention it seeing as it's happened quite a few times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: