Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony Vegas All-In-One Help thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Using the FourCC Code Changer Reply with quote

Fan4Lost wrote:
The fourcc changer only came from me in the zip file, it's not standard. It's freeware here:

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avifourcc.html

And when you convert the files, please make sure you pay close attention to caps. Type it in exactly the way I do. If that doesn't work, someone also suggested doing it in all caps and that worked for them. Then hit apply and it should now show up in Vegas.

Aislynn wrote:
I have to type it as DIVX in all caps, if I type it as DivX, then it turns my footage upside down and backwards!

Aislynn wrote:
My advice is to make a copy of your footage first and try the code changer on it because if it messes up your footage, there's no way to undo it.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Creating a colored border Reply with quote

charmed_charlie wrote:
Ok so if you make your border how you want it by going to border in Video FX and then you should have a screen like this

Then to change the colour just move your mouse over the different colours until you find one you like
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Copy/pasting attributes Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Right-click your first clip, then select copy. Then hold the shift key down and click the second clip, then the last clip you want to have that effect on, right-click and select "paste attributes." That should apply that effect to all of those clips as well.

However, that will apply ALL of the effects from that first clip onto the rest of them as well, so if you have something on it, like say if you've zoomed in with the pan/crop tool on the first clip, then all of them wiill have the same zoom on them as well. Just something to keep in mind. You can reset the pan/crop tool normal, then copy/paste attributes again in that same way and that will return the rest of the clips to normal or you can just take all the effects and such off of the first clip before you copy it that you don't want the rest of them to have, then go back and edit the first clip how you want it after you've done the copy/paste attributes thing.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Putting an effect on multiple clips at once Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Hey; I do it this way. you can do it with any effect to make it go on every clip you put in the timeline. and if you have one or two or a few clips you dont want to have the effect (sometimes i want some to just be black and white and have no other colour) then you can just make another timeline because the effects don't transfer over the two timelines

drag the effect, whatever is is wether it be colour or whatever (i am aware i used a transition; forgive me it doesn't work with transitions but with Video FX it works with all of them ). anyway; drag the effect onto the line that my arrow is pointing exactly on and it'll make every clip in that timeline have that effect its handy cos you dont have to worry about again
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Putting an effect on your entire project Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
When you want everything the same colour the easiest thing to do is drag your color effect and put it on the preview window and it adds it to the project. Then there's a little button on top of the preview window that shows you what video effects have been added to the project.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Using a texture Reply with quote

emmasholi wrote:
If you save a grunge texture (or whatever texture you want) as a .png file on photoshop then import the file to vegas and just put it on a video track dunno if that makes any sense lol

theres some textures that I use that are free you can download them from here get the .png ones

I used a heavy one for the example, obviously some look better than others.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Changing clip opacity Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
best thing to do is make more timelines. ill show you here:

now it should look like this. Drag the new clip you want onto this blank track. hover the mouse over the top of the new clip and you'll see the words Opacity 100%. simply hold and drag down and a white line will appear; move this to whatever percentage you want.

You can do this for as many layers as you like Hope that helps!

Note: Not from the original help thread but asked in a separate thread here
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Matching ratios and rendering in high quality Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Ratios and Rendering in Sony Vegas

Changing ratios

I've often seen people complain that the 'black bars keep moving around' on their video. Well this tutorial will deal with how you can fix the problem of clips having different ratios or larger sized black bars around them

I've added the movie Whisper and a season 3 ep to my project. I've taken a clip from both of these sources and placed them on separate video tracks one above the other.

As you can see the clips don't quite match up. If this became consistent through the project the video would look pretty clunky when it changed clips.

To fix this first set the transparency of the top clip lower so you can see the difference between the clips and then right click on one of the clips and select properties (I use the season 3 clip ratios as my base as they are all the same ratio of 1.2121 so I will be changing the Whisper clip) and then click on the media tab.

The important thing here is the pixel aspect ratio. Just play around with it until the clips match up. Making it a higher value makes it thinner and making it a lesser value makes it wider. I needed to set the whisper clip ratio to 1.015 to make it a perfect match. Once you've figured out what you'll be needing you can apply it to the whole whisper film file by right clicking on it in your project and selecting properties then changing the aspect ratio. All future clips that you take on the trimmer will automatically be set at this ratio.

Rendering

So you've finished your project with a perfect ratio but you don't know how to actually produce the thing? Well first hold down the left mouse button at the top of the timeline and drag it along the whole of your project from start to finish. This will create a grey bar at the top that tells the program the start and end of your video. Next click on the file menu at the top then select render as. The easiest format to use is WMV so select WMV as the filetype and 512 as the template. This will create a watchable video that plays fine on YT and okay on fullscreen.

Rendering higher quality videos

Sometimes you just want it to be a better quality so you can watch it happily on full screen or on your dvd player. The next highest template that Vegas has is 3 meg which will result in a very large video file. I use a custom render setting that makes my videos 1 megabyte in bit rate (quality) and uses a true 640x480 ratio rather than the usual 320x240 one that the 512 profile uses.

Click on custom next to the template dropdown menu. If you click on the audio tab you can make the audio a higher quality I use 96kbps which is just less than cd quality sound. Next click on video. Change the image size to DVD quality (640 x 480.) Finally click on Bit Rate and change it from 500K to 1000K. You can now save your template by typing a name for it at the top then clicking the disk icon. Now you will able to access it on future renders.

Rendering in Divx/Xvid with Vegas

Click Render as then select AVI this time as the file type. Then click on Custom and the video tab. Select Divx or Xvid from the video format drop down menu. Use the configure button to set the codec to how you want it.

Note: Not from the original help thread but from a separate thread here
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: