Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Your Horoscope for Today" by Hobbes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: "Your Horoscope for Today" by Hobbes Reply with quote

"Your Horoscope for Today" 06-19-2005
An astrological forecast courtesy of Weird Al! What would a fandom be without it? WARNING: This film may be misleading to some viewers. Viewers discretion is advised.
Song: Your Horoscope for Today by Weird Al Yankovic
Vidder: Hobbes
Length: 4:05 (10MB WMV)

Links: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Horoscope10mb64
30MB file: http://rapidshare.de/files/2493869/Horoscope29mb.avi.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGrLI6P88vg

Nicknamed: "It's about %$#@ing TIME!!!"

oh btw! Here's that sheet of Hurley's if you want to read it closely ;)

I got the idea from a real petition! LOL http://www.petitiononline.com/LostTV/petition.html
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!

That was the best video ever! Everything was great!

Best parts were Artz exploding on the beat, the dinosaur, and the Coca Cola ending!

A+++ So much better than 'Trigger Happy'
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL thanks! I was still uploading! Yay, I already get a reply!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO. That was awesome Warren. l Loved the part where it said "All virgo's are extremely friendly and intelligent,
EXCEPT FOR YOU!"--> Shannon. LOL.

And the whole Charlie part. Aww...such a cute little heroine-addicted, quick tempered, sharp-tongued, heirloon-stealing, prostitute-loving hobbit!!!...LOL
Great Job Warren.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude!!! FINALLY!!!

That was GREAT!! So many awesome moments! The Hurley lovin thing rocked! There were just so many great things. I loved how you took a seemingly unviddable song (to Lost anyway) and edited in a way that made it look like all these crazy things were happening (ie. Sun hurling a javelin thru Jin's chest!).

GREAT job, well worth the wait!

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL@ dinosaurs, where did you get that Warren. I love the dinos and the polar bears!! Awesome vid! Glad you finally got it done.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it was worth the wait I cheated so many times in this! random things... animation (whuich takes a very long time, btw ... go figure?) and misuse of lyrics!
For instance, Kate is a Gemini... but that other scene she's in just works so much better!
And that "javelin" is actually a shotput in here.... *cough cough* but oh well! LOL

As long as it's as goofy as possible, and it made people either laugh or say "awesome!" I'm extemelly happy

Quote:
LOL@ dinosaurs, where did you get that Warren. I love the dinos and the polar bears!! Awesome vid! Glad you finally got it done.

I created them! Mwahahahahah!
I liked how it just cuts to a new scene JUST as Jack is about to be eaten LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
As long as it's as goofy as possible, and it made people either laugh or say "awesome!" I'm extemelly happy

I did both. I was on when it up and within the first minute I saw it. I was already watching it.

Javelin, shot put, whatever, it's works great!
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was gonna say something but I forgot.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha, awesome vid!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched this, then I went back and watched it again because I missed some of the things because I was laughing so hard!

I LOVED how you matched something out of each of the Zodiac sign lyrics to a particular character: Michael is Aquarius, Kate is Cancer (yay, that's my sign! I was hoping I'd get a "cool" character! 'Cause the rest of the time it basically sucks to say that my sign is a terrible disease... ), as opposed to just randomly throwing in clips that basically fit the lyrics but changed characters. If that long run-on sentence makes any sense!

That was just amazing! One of my absolute particular favs was the dinosaur chasing Kate and Jack! Because, come on, how many people thought when they saw that pilot ep that the monster was going to be a dinosaur, right? That was just too hysterical!

Okay, I admit, I just went back and watched it again, right here in the middle of my review! The animation in this is SO killer! I have no idea how you're doing that!

And how I loved the polar bear drinking the Coke at the end! Oy! I'm speechless. I'm at a loss for words! See, look, here I am:

"..."

Totally speechless! Doesn't happen often so you know I'm impressed! A fun and fabulous vid! Great job!

~Aislynn

PS - Yes, Kate IS a Gemini but I'm glad you used some "creative license" in this case!
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
I was hoping I'd get a "cool" character!

My character is Sawyer.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
Aislynn wrote:
I was hoping I'd get a "cool" character!

My character is Sawyer.

Why is the vidder stuck with stupid Sayid? .
His is the ONLY verse in this video that's actually true LOL
And if oyu noticed, those are clips from ET.... the stars say that he's an exiting and wonderful person... BUT THEY'RE LYING!

That run-on sentence of yours makes PERFECT sense, Aislynn That was my plan from day one, so in the starting phase, I took a copy of the lyrics, wrote down all 14 names, and played match-up. I was left with Boone and Walt as extras, which worked well, since Walt is just a kid, and Boone.... well he gets a nice little 3 seconds of tribute right before the polar bear comes...! LOL

All that animation.... well it comes from the extremelly long and boring process of taking every single frame and editing the dinosaur/polar bear into the pic I used the polar bear fro mthe original coca cola commercials, then just replaced the background in those scenes, and the dinosaur one only really had 2 good shots where it actually turned out well, which were the first and last time you saw it. The first one was a picture I found (VERY luckilly might I add!) and then I just copied the camera movement to mimic that of when Kate and Jack see Charlie hanging, so I had a sense of height of the piece (look at me! I'm sounding all technical and artistic! ) and that last scene (when the trex is just about to chomp down) I just had to pan him over a little each frame. MUCH easier than the rest >.< The rest, in my opinion, didn't turn out well at all, it was just way too jerky. But that's what I get for being lazy and trying to take the fast way out by just leaving the frames in longer instead of making twice as many! LOL
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Warren... this video was absolutely classic... just the way you made the clips work with the song was genius. It really shows how much time and effort you put into creating it. This vid was well worth the wait...

Now I'm hanging out even more for your 'My Immortal' vid... I'm sure that one will also be well worth waiting for.

Genius!!
btvs
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!loved it, think the polar bear was the best bit. It must of taken you ages to think of how to do that and edit it. A work of genius! plus the songs pretty cool, and i'm so happy cus Charlie's ny favourite and i'm a leo!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: