Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Burn" - Sawyer/Kate/Jack
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: "Burn" - Sawyer/Kate/Jack Reply with quote

* "Burn"
This video is about the love, hate and rivalry between Sawyer, Kate and Jack.
* Song: Burn by Three Days Grace
Vidder: Charmax of Bronze Ambition
Length: 4:00 (19.5MB RM)
Link: http://bronze-ambition.net/vids/tvshows/burn.zip
http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2TBQ776048TJ50LCF5BBUX56HN

Charmax! Old buddy old pal! Well actually, I've never really known you or anything, but Nice to meet you! I always loved this video immensely. It has always been my goal to make one as good as it, and I'm still trying
It's so nice to see something like this where you can just TELL the person put everything they had into it! the cymbals weren't even needed per say, but are such an awesome touch that it just throws it over the top. It shows the audience that you really care

Last edited by Hobbes on Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice to meet you too Hobbes
It was such a nightmare making this video! It's not a song I would normally choose which made it even more difficult to work with. I thought it sounded like Sawyer and I was trying to challenge myself a bit. It took about 3 weeks to make with sittings of 12+ hours (long time for me). I guess the hard work paid off as it does seem a popular download.

Thanks Hobbes for your compliments!

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 WEEKS AT 12+ HOURS HOLY CRAP!!!!
WHEN I SAID YOU REALLY CARED ABOUT THE VIEWERS I DIDN'T MEAN THAT!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Astarte

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And actually Charmax didn't put in everything she had into that video, even when it was a nightmare to vid for her, but you sure as hell scored into my Top5-Charmax-List with it, babe...

On a more serious note and already mentioned elsewhere, I love how you emphasised the beat in it with the glow and the sizzling emotions, that where cooking and breeding under the surface. You really made an effort in portraying the struggle these two alpha men’s are in and how Kate represent the desire to 'win this game'... I watched this video so many times and do you know, what is strange? Kate descending into an object rather then a woman, which each view. I know this wasn’t your intention, maybe it is the slasher in me, but I told you back when you released the video, that you made me believe in triangles again, but right now I see her as a psychological representation of all the things Sawyer secretly wants and needs, the recognition, the fame and the success. All the things Jack has and therefore is despite by Sawyer – because he knows, that he could have them, if the good ol’ doc wouldn’t standing in the way and filling out the larger-then-life-hero figure so perfectly. Which makes him eventually into the person Sawyer desires most…

Twisted, isn’t it? I shouldn’t watch your videos that often on repeat!
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That video was stunning! I loved the rapid-fire quality of the clips, which matched the rythm and emotional intensity of the song. Everything felt very in-your-face. The glow/flash/brightness thing that you did... I don't know how you did it, but I liked it a lot.
Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astarte! Gorgeous! What you doing here psychoanalysing my video?! You really delve deep don't you? Objectifying Kate was my aim because to me that's how Sawyer sees her and yes it was intentional that we see Jack as having everything Sawyer wants. I didn't realize anyone else would notice.. You hit the nail on the head. I love you Astarte!

Thanks very much Cliodna.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* V.V now I'm gonna go watch it again and see the part that my uneducated mind didn't pick up
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember if I picked up on the objectification part but I definitly remember the Sawyer jelousy theme. I too loved this vid. The effects used were great. Not overbearing but very effective. I can't wait for the next Charmax Lost vid.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was given the recommendation to view all of Charmax works because every vid she does is gold. This was really very close to the mark.

I thought the hard work and long hours paid off in this vid. Great song with a driving beat to emphasize the nature of the trio's relationship. Harsh and gritty. At first in the beginning I didn't like the same repetition of Charlie strumming on his guitar but after that section there was no further repeats of this or any reuse of clips that I could see. The flashing of red highlights was an interesting touch that helped me to feel the tension (red=strong emotions like rage or passion) and yet it didn't overpower like a red filter/mask over the whole scene would.

Excellent timing and clip combinations. The larger filesize really emphasizes the picture quality. I'm looking forward to discovering more of your work but fear that now that I have seen only 2 Lost vid artists here (LAURA4LAD and yourself) the bar for excellence is quite high.

Thank you for sharing your hard work. I really enjoyed your video.

My lost music vids
Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your feedback Morelight

Two things though. I'm a little Lost (forgive the pun) But Charlie strumming? Where is that in my video? lol I don't recall Charlie ever playing a roll (apart from the first section on the plane). And the red? I don't have red in my vid...

MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I must have gotten something mixed up here about the Charlie part. Sorry. (*Note to self don't post about vids without the daily cup of coffee)

The red flashes at 0:40 - 0:54 were the ones I meant. As I look at the effect more closely I see it is a flash effect that only appears red when accentuating a skintone.

Now I'm wondering whose vid had the Charlie bits in it...

Last edited by MoreLight on Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White flashes surely? Hmm yeah who's was the Charlie video?

Thanks again anyway.

MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep you posted before I could edit my last post.

I had a panic when you pointed out the red parts initially. Did I post on the wrong vid? No but I did get a section mixed up. Whew! Going to get coffee now!
Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coffee sounds good - sugar please.

MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coffee's ready but I'm afraid it will be cold and spilled by the time it gets to you. French Vanilla ahhh.

The other vid with Charlie was one of LAURA4LAD's.

Coffee the 5th basic food group.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: