Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x04- Eggtown Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordXwee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*jumps into group hug*

Oh, and the pilot's name is Frank. He's alright, I don't hate him or love him.

Charlotte's sort of boring. Other then her finding a Dharma polar bear in the desert...

Miles is twitchy and talks to ghosts which is cool, but he's rude.

Dan is awesome. Even though we don't know much about him yet.

Banner by erandil.
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
She wasn't even thinking of Charlie when she asked Kate to take the baby (oh, Kate doesn't want to hold Aaron. Charlie would be running. *sad face* eh. not even. )

I was totally expecting something like that in that scene...

icon by becca
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
Quote:
I was definitely just thinking that Dan needs a hug. Group hug!!
Cool!!!! Group hug with Dan (Kat, you can join once Dan's left )

haha; thanks cinthia *preps self for Dans departure from giant group hug*

Charlies_Innocence wrote:
cylune wrote:
She wasn't even thinking of Charlie when she asked Kate to take the baby (oh, Kate doesn't want to hold Aaron. Charlie would be running. *sad face* eh. not even. )

I was totally expecting something like that in that scene...

Yeah, me too! instead it became how Kate is uncomfortable around babies. but as KC said' maybe we discover in Claire ep, if she gets one, that she's been crying herself to sleep every night.

Maybe her episode will play out a little like maternity leave or one of michaels ep in season two and we'll see what she's really been thinking about, although i doubt that

If my prayers are answered, and Claire is alive on the island, I wonder what her f/forward will be like? on island, and all...

LordXwee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking to my friend about LOST and this episode, and she doesn't like Locke, but this was her view on the issue of his dictator-ness.

"I never really liked Locke, but this new Locke isn't the same Locke I disliked in the past. He's changed now and everyone has a view on hating him."

I miss old Locke...

Banner by erandil.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I used to like the fact that he was weird, cos it intrested me. Then he got a little dangerous, and that intrested me too. Now he's just annoying and it's not intresting anymore. It's like he's just a grade A bastard and that it.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
LordXwee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Yeah I used to like the fact that he was weird, cos it intrested me. Then he got a little dangerous, and that intrested me too. Now he's just annoying and it's not intresting anymore. It's like he's just a grade A bastard and that it.

Very true, but I still have some hope he'll get better.

Banner by erandil.
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was...meh really. Locke, well he's just irritating as normal. As if you show weakness in front of people? His whole point of telling Ben it won't work etc, and then right outside he smashes the plate etc. That's just idiotic, we know he can hear etc. Just a rehash of a scene when he was in the gun room of the Hatch.
Um...nothing else actually happened at the "barracks". All them playing house was just tedious really, the Skate scene rather irrelevant really apart from mentionning a possible child. Ben, well he was just pointless, nothing new as usual. Miles, just asking for money etc, bit of a...simple storyline if you ask me. The grenade bit was kind of cool. Would've been cooler if he'd just it slip and taken Locke with him though.

Down at the beach, well we didn't see much of that. A memory game thing which had little relevance. Charlotte with her stupid accent, Dan who gets slower and slower at talking every time we see him. A little bit of talk with Jack and others, that was about it. Then we find out they didn't make it back to the ship. No surprise really, we knew that wouldn't go smoothly. But Desmond will be fine. He's been in the drink a few times and made it Sayid won't die either as we KNOW he doesn't, thereby meaning there's no reason to be concerned at all, thus ruining the show really.

The flash forwards were interesting somewhat. How can Kates mother still be alive? Pfft. Jack lying to defend Kate, well it fits but meh. At least they meet off the island before he goes crazy. However, her saying she knows why he doesn't want to see the baby. Well...I wish we did. Unless Kate murdered Claire to get him or something there's really nothing to hold him back. Course we need to know WHY Kate has Aaron, if they kill Claire off then that blows big time. The whole Charlie-Claire thing was just nice and sweet, and every show needs an aspect of that to it, so to just utterly rip it apart and destroy it sucks.

The Nojmeister gives this episode a 5/10

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right

Last edited by Noj on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my Goodness, look how old that little boy is!! He is TOO old!

He probably has no idea who his real "mummy" is let alone the man who died for him!

I am certainly not okay with this. I don't know if they can crush my little PB&J heart anymore than they already have!

Off to read though the thread now. I feel unwell after that.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OMG this episode was hilarious!!!!! Kate's trial was hilarious (10 year probation? haha!!!) Kate using both Jack and Sawyer was hilarious, (just the thought of both men fighting for that woman is hilarious) Kate raising Aaron is hilarious, Locke throwing away the dishes was hilarious (oh wait, it wasn't, didn't I see this scene somewhere in season 2?). And the most hilarious part of this episode was learning that the PB&J ship was a big fat joke. Gotcha! Claire obviously didn't care about Charlie. She looks pretty relieved in fact that the hobbit is out of her life. haha. I can't stop laughing. To say that I made a video about Claire being broken up by Charlie's death. haha. OMG talk about being delusional. haha. Oh well, Claire, if you survive a while longer, you can brag to your girlfriends how a stupid and foolish guy died for you. That will make a lovely pajama party. haha.

CINTHIA! I am so sorry that you feel that way but you are so right! This is the message they're giving us. I used to have this trippy image in my head that Charlie went off to his death and Claire turns around with an evil smirk. It's sickening how she can smile, laugh and do laundry like she hasn't a care in the world. The fans were much more upset then her.

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Miles is still bugging me. He's an ass And I hate Charlotte. Eventhough she's actually british it's like she's trying to be british. "Love." *is embarassed for her* she has no personality.

Havent seen enough of drunk pilot guy to draw an opinion on him yet.

haha, you are so right. I cringed when she said 'love' Er, no dear. Just no.. xD

I love Sawyer this season. Kate got TOLD. I think he had every right to say what he did...apart from the "Yes it would have been the worst thing in the world!" But the majority was true. I think she is pregnant, but she lied to him. But then that wouldn't make any sense because she doesn't have her OWN child in the future. Maybe she had a miscarriage? Seeing as we know how likely it is to get pregnant on that island..Anyway, I wasn't really paying attention to their scenes that much.

One thing though, why did Kate just suddenly have baby issues..?? In S2 she held Aaron with no problem at all. It's just getting stupid how they slip these things in and forget their own writing..
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One thing though, why did Kate just suddenly have baby issues..?? In S2 she held Aaron with no problem at all. It's just getting stupid how they slip these things in and forget their own writing..

I think she was freaking b/c she thought she was pregnant and had these thoughts of motherhood running through her head.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well DUH KATE! You stupid woman. If you have sex on an island, UNPROTECTED (and especially on an island where sperm count is increased by like 45876487564873658754 times) then YES. You are going to get pregnant.

tsk tsk.

I hated the way she was all "would it be the worst thing if I was.." when Sawyer was rejoicing about Kate not being pregnant with his child on a freaky island.

Then again.. if he loves her.. surely he'd support her either way? And actually want a child with her? I dunno.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Well DUH KATE! You stupid woman. If you have sex on an island, UNPROTECTED (and especially on an island where sperm count is increased by like 45876487564873658754 times) then YES. You are going to get pregnant.

tsk tsk.

I hated the way she was all "would it be the worst thing if I was.." when Sawyer was rejoicing about Kate not being pregnant with his child on a freaky island.

Then again.. if he loves her.. surely he'd support her either way? And actually want a child with her? I dunno.

Well, I'm sure Sawyer wouldn't dump her if he found out she was pregnant, but I really don't think he wants a child. I don't think he could take the responsibility. And we know he already has a daughter (Clemintine, what an awful name... lol...) and he didn't take that very well, so... Yeah...

icon by becca
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Elyse...especially about the Clementine part. I renamed her Bob. That's a much better name, even if it is a boy's name. Don't ask, it's a long story.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
Quote:
OMG this episode was hilarious!!!!! Kate's trial was hilarious (10 year probation? haha!!!) Kate using both Jack and Sawyer was hilarious, (just the thought of both men fighting for that woman is hilarious) Kate raising Aaron is hilarious, Locke throwing away the dishes was hilarious (oh wait, it wasn't, didn't I see this scene somewhere in season 2?). And the most hilarious part of this episode was learning that the PB&J ship was a big fat joke. Gotcha! Claire obviously didn't care about Charlie. She looks pretty relieved in fact that the hobbit is out of her life. haha. I can't stop laughing. To say that I made a video about Claire being broken up by Charlie's death. haha. OMG talk about being delusional. haha. Oh well, Claire, if you survive a while longer, you can brag to your girlfriends how a stupid and foolish guy died for you. That will make a lovely pajama party. haha.

CINTHIA! I am so sorry that you feel that way but you are so right! This is the message they're giving us. I used to have this trippy image in my head that Charlie went off to his death and Claire turns around with an evil smirk. It's sickening how she can smile, laugh and do laundry like she hasn't a care in the world. The fans were much more upset then her.

I really don't think it's Claire's fault, as a character. I think the writers are being dumb and assuming that she's had enough of a reaction.

My explanation is that she's in denial or trying to put on a brave face. She's crying offscreen....in my head, anyway.

I'm sorry you didn't like this episode either, Jemma, but I understand why you didn't. I just hope people don't hate Claire now, because I don't think the PB&J ship was a joke. I think the writers are doing a very bad job of having Claire deal with it, PLUS we just haven't seen much of her this season.

art by me&tammy
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:

please, you are not trying to say that SAWYER doens't love her, right?

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: