Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Better Off This Way (Supernatural AU vid)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandom Videos Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Better Off This Way (Supernatural AU vid) Reply with quote

Title: Better Off This Way
Song: Airport Song
Artist: Guster
Vidder: PsychoCynic
Fandom: Supernatural
Warnings: Season 3 footage...
Category: AU
Characters/Pairings: Dean, Sam, and Jo (minor)
Summary: A "Supernatural" Season 3 AU vid. A desperate Sam makes a deal with a Djinn to put Dean into a dream!verse, giving the Djinn Jo as payment. But as Sam is searching for a way to save his brother from the Crossroads' Deal, Dean is starting to figure out that his perfect world isn't exactly real...
Length: 2:57
File Size: .WMV version = 37 MB; .AVI version = 64 MB
Link #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onlvtBR7ZxI
Link #2: http://www.4shared.com/file/36982315/6ae419b9/BOTW_WMV.html
Link #3: http://www.4shared.com/file/36983806/5e1ff1c6/BOTW_AVI.html
Type of feedback preferred: Any! Concrit is welcomed (and I feel like I'll be getting a lot of it for this one!); flaming is not! Please leave a comment because this is the first vid I've done in Vegas with a bit of a heavy beat use and I really would like your opinion on it!!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved everything...the editing, the coloring, the music.
It fit really very well the music. It was awesome!!!
Great work!!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry it's taken so long for me to get here! Better late than never (I hope! ).

The opener: How perfectly creepy was that with Sam's voice overs about there being nothing he wouldn't do for Dean while we see shots of Jo's smiling face, then Sammy slamming her head against the bar???

I loved the section of Dean waking up in the Dreamverse with the lines about "glad you made it, welcome to the farm!" Perfect way to use lyric interpretation to draw you right into the story!

I loved the overlays at the 44 second-ish mark, with the idyllic-looking street. That's one of the most effective ways to use full-screen overlays, IMO, with people over a setting (not that people over...uh...people can't work well, also, but this gives a nice clean, easy to follow visual).

Really nice beat use at :53-ish section with the brightness control. Looked just like the music sounded to me and it worked well without being distracting!

Ooo, "the price you pay" Sam, the Djinn and Jo... Then at 1:03 how you got it to be Jo that Dean saw instead... Coolness!

1:05 - 1:13 - Loving the way you worked the clips and the music! Not only awesome beat use but that heavy bass line was perfect to show Dean's growing suspicion that something just isn't quite right here.

Sorry, got caught up in the story and forgot to jot my thoughts down for a while there, lol! I love the way her head snaps back with that shot at 1:40 (wow, that sounds completely disturbing, doesn't it? O_O You know what I mean! )

"Let me keep you in this place, you'll be better off this way." That just works! I love how you show Sam getting a little more desperate every time those lines come around, like he's just trying to get Dean to understand what he's trying to do and to stop fighting him on it!

Ooo, the "[this many] days left" just gives the chills! And I love how you got Jo in there after Dean wakes up with the Djinn, then him taking her to the hospital. And really great ending with Sam's "uh-oh" face as he opens the door and there was Dean...

Very, very cool! Creative and believable story (well, one would hope that Sam might not really do that to Jo but never get between a Winchester and his brother... ) and I liked the soft, kinda dreamy border around it all! *applause, throws flowers*

Great work and I hope to see more vids from you soon! I always really enjoy what you come up with! *hugs* ♥!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giglio1985 wrote:
I loved everything...the editing, the coloring, the music.
It fit really very well the music. It was awesome!!!
Great work!!!

Thanks so very much Giglio! I'm quite glad you liked it!

Aislynn, I already replied to your points on my LJ, but I just wanted to say thanks again for your comment. I'm really glad you liked the vid and left such wonderful and thoughtful feedback!

OMG, your icon! *squees at the JM*
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandom Videos Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: