Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!
I'm so excited!!!

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too!!! Young Voldy is a seriously creepy kid, isn't he?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Yeah, he really is. They did a great job casting.

In the preview, was that Ginny in the robe outside?? It kind of looked like her but I'm not sure. lol

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw this last night and OMFG SO EXCITED!! HURRAY!! November can't get here quickly enough!

From the looks of the teaser, this is gonna be freaking awesome. I love the scene at the orphanage with Wee Voldy & Dumbledore - it looked perfect.

I'm really curious about the Ginny scene too...I'm pretty sure that was her outside in her robe, but for the life of me, I can't think of any scene like that in the book. 'Course, it's been awhile since I read it, but still....I think it might be a dream sequence or something....

And OMG Ron!! Though I don't know if that was really the scene where he gets poisoned. Doesn't that happen at Slughorn's holiday party? In the trailer, it looked like Ron was wearing lounging/PJ clothes and they weren't at a party....so maybe it's when he eats the love chocolates, hehe

But in any case, yes, this movie looks flippin' awesome and I'm so doing the 'go see it at midnight' thing!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omgosh I saw the trailer this morning on GMTV I was like
I seriously can't wait to see this film now tehe, it's out on my bday XD
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostwithoutdom wrote:
In the preview, was that Ginny in the robe outside?? It kind of looked like her but I'm not sure. lol

Yep, it's Ginny:

I suppose this must be the new scene at the Weasley place. (It's not in the book).

Quote:
And OMG Ron!! Though I don't know if that was really the scene where he gets poisoned. Doesn't that happen at Slughorn's holiday party?

It was in the morning of Christmas Day when Ron got poisoned, as far as I remember, so it happened before the party. Ron and Harry were unwrapping their Christmas presents and Harry didn't want to have the chocolate, so Ron took it.

I'm a tad disappointed though that they didn't show neither Draco nor Snape in the trailer. They both have quite important parts in the sixth book.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am so psyched about this movie!! we get it over here dec 11; we're last if im not mistaken; which sucks but still it'll be awesome!!

im with you RE: draco and snape karolina; malfoy especially has a massive role on book 6 and it'd suck major ass if it only gets skated over. Or totally left out like the Rita Skeeter/Animagus thing and all that Krum/Hermione stuff but woot for Ginny/Harry stuff!

Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just loved this trailer so much!! I was also a bit disappointed that there was no Snape or Draco in the trailer at first, but I think it was a good thing to do! This is just the tease trailer, so they`re only telling one story, And I think it looked great! Much better than all the other teaser trailers we`ve seen! I`m almost sure we`ll get at least a bit of Snape and Draco with the full lengh trailer, and much, much more when he movie comes out!! I can`t wait!!!

_bel_
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so excited...the trailer made me all Harry Potter-spazzy and I went and reread the sixth book. My friend says he wants us all to go see it at midnight the night it comes out.

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found this online; not really a trailer. more just a montage of movie 6 pics and some of the footage we've already seen ginny/harry hug! and some hot shots of malfoy i love his haircut his movie

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=syER0vkOk1w

Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half-Blood Prince delayed until July 17th, 2009

Warner Brothers has just announced that Half-Blood Prince will be delayed. The film will instead be released on July 17th, 2009. From the press release:

In making the announcement, Mr. Horn stated, “Our reasons for shifting ‘Half-Blood Prince’ to summer are twofold: we know the summer season is an ideal window for a family tent pole release, as proven by the success of our last Harry Potter film, which is the second-highest grossing film in the franchise, behind only the first installment. Additionally, like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers’ strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films—changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of. We agreed the best strategy was to move ‘Half-Blood Prince’ to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tent pole release for mid-summer.”

It's not fair
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg, I know! I'm so pissed off about this. I can't believe that the WB pulled a stunt like this. That movie is going to make money whether you release it in November or you release it in July - people are still gonna see it.

If the film was behind on production, I could understand, but for them to delay the release and say "no the film is on schedule, we just want to make more money", 3 freaking months before it's supposed to be released? That's a real ASSHAT move. I really think this is an enormous "f--k you" to the fans. It really is. I have half a mind to boycott the movie unless it comes out in November, like it's supposed to. But I know i couldn't do that...I'm too weak!!

Oh, and I think Entertainment Weekly should pursue legal action - so the day after they changed the release date, I got my EW in the mail. What's on the cover?

Harry Potter. For their FALL Movie Preview. And EW and WB are owned by the same company. They couldn't have, you know, let EW in on the fact they were changing the release date? They even said, they'd been considering changing it for at least two or three weeks prior to when they did. So knowing that EW had a fall preview coming out with HP as their lead story, they just 'forgot' to mention it to them? *shakes head*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree.

While I am disappointed and I was shocked to hear about it as well, I understand why they did it.

LOST was affected by the Writers' Strike, and so was the writing of the movies. I believe that they want it to be great when it's released and believe that they were afraid that being released in November might be too soon and it just might not be as great as the previous movies. Also, it's hard for teenagers and other kids to get out and see it especially during family holidays, and the summer is better to get more teenagers and adults out to see the movies.

While disappointed, i don't blame them. I know it'll be great and it sucks I have to wait longer, but on the upside it squeezes the wait between HPB and the first part of Deathly Hallows down to 18 months, instead of waiting two years between the movies.

While I agree I don't like the move, I do believe it is for a decent reason and am still excited to see it, even if it's not until summer.
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe.
did you know that the kid who plays young voldemort is actually ralph finnes' (the guy who plays old voldemort's) real nephew? i think thats pretty cool, and the kid seems perfect as well!

just to let everyone know,
me + spelling = hjansbdadfk;a
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually - the move had nothing to do with the script at all. The movie is pretty much complete. They said the the release date move had nothing to do with the film itself not being ready. The writers strike had no effect on the finished HBP film whatsoever.

What they said was that due to the writer's strike - other films (most likely some of the other big summer blockbusters) were not ready or had been impacted by the strike so they could not be released in the summer like they were supposed to. Therefore, certain dates opened up on the summer movie schedule and the WB decided to take advantage of that, pushing HBP forward to July 17th.

It's a marketing move, pure and simple. Because the summer is always a big time for movies, and especially in the case of The Dark Knight - WB saw an opportunity to make more money. That's why they changed the date.

I understand why they did it. I just don't agree with it. I think Harry Potter is a big enough franchise that the loyal and devoted fans will go see it no matter when it comes out. Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer - that movie will be a blockbuster no matter when it is released. And like I said, if it had something to do with the film not being finished or completed, I'd be sad, but i wouldn't be too broken up about it. I want the film to be awesome just as much as they do. But this was a purely greed-driven marketing move, and I really have issues with that. Especially since the film is essentially completed.

The only good thing that i can see happening with this though, is that they can test-screen and if things aren't up to par, they have time to re-edit and reshoot. But that's about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: