Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Oceanic 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Charlie died so they could LEAVE!!

Pace junkie from the Fuse (and fanfic.net and LJ etc) has stated this could be a positive thing though. If Claire were to leave her storyline would be over and she could be one of the reasons Jack wants to "go back".

I also think that perhaps this would be good but I'd prefer it if Charlie was alive and Claire was eventually rescued and safe along with Aaron!

Plus, they're coming up with a bunch of intelligent charlielives! theories. They're way too smart over there
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*will be royally miffed if they kill her Southern boy*

That is all. Carry on...

Seriously, though, I do expect that they'll kill Sawyer probably at some point near the end of the series -- if he makes it THAT far! But I'll be EXTREMELY peeved if Claire and Aaron don't get on a freakin' helicopter, yo! They've completely alienated a huge part of their Charlie/Dom fans by "killing" him, if they make it for nothing... That's just wrong, IMO!

And I said "killing" because I do suspect they'll find some way to save him in this next season... or whatever they're calling these 3 whole eps we're going to get... I think that might be the cliffhanger for the end of this season/next set of eps: something's going on and suddenly we hear or see Charlie in the very last shot before the thwoomp! and Lost logo.

*goes back to brooding about them killing her Southern boy*
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(more different spoilers below)

Actually Ais, if you have seen the promo they are showing in cinemas there is something similar to that effect. Charlie is seen right at the end looking quite different (short hair, "eery" smile). I don't know what that means exactly, but I'm not convinced he'll be back in the form I want him to be.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
(more different spoilers below)

Actually Ais, if you have seen the promo they are showing in cinemas there is something similar to that effect. Charlie is seen right at the end looking quite different (short hair, "eery" smile). I don't know what that means exactly, but I'm not convinced he'll be back in the form I want him to be.

I think (and so do others) that it's gunna be a trippy Hurley "vision" type thing. Cause another clip in the trailer is Hurley swimming and smiling under the water.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's been discussed. The figure Charlie is standing in front of looks like Hurley but that theory (that charlie is a vision/figment of Hurley's imagination, nothing more) is strongly disliked. It's a repetition of the whole "Dave" plot and I don't think I like it.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the whole dave plot, but i think if they went back to that route but with Charlie it wouldn't have the same effect as Dave
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be more annoyed if he was alive, It would be like they'd cheated the fans.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not saying the Dave plot was bad. I'm saying it's uncreative to do a repeat of it. So yeah, you're right. It wouldn't have the same effect apart from Charlie meant alot more to Hurley than Dave did (seeing as dave wasn't real). That's my bet anyway. I aways thought Claire would have visions of him. Poor Claire. She wasn't even IN the promo O_o And I think I only saw a glimpse of Sayid!

Feeling very pessimistic and sad about this. I can't allow myself to think about this positively yet. Some think it's a good sign but I don't know
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:
I would be more annoyed if he was alive, It would be like they'd cheated the fans.

People still think this. They've cheated his fans already by killing him off. I certainly don't consider keeping one of the main characters alive a cheat. Besides, surely Mikhail surviving being shot in the damn heart with a harpoon is some sort of cheat!!

And wasn't it predictable?! I STILL love how my brother put it
"I love how the BIG season three finale was revealed half way through the series!"

So yeah, sensitive subject for me!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:

I would be absoultly Pissed, I cried so many times after he died, i cried after watching the epi off my laptop, then again on the sunday on sky one and then again when i watched my season 3 dvds, so if he was alived i would be like
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:

*high fives herself* Yay, I'm gooooooooooood!

The other thing it could be, of course, is that it's the Smoke Monster (or whomever it is) who goes around impersonating dead people (Jack's dad, Eko's brother, etc. ) and that's who we're seeing as "Charlie."
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've been passed that. Alot of the viewers, including myself, would be so annoyed at the frustration and upset they've caused us. But now, I don't care. I just want my favourite character back!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Jemmz wrote:

*high fives herself* Yay, I'm gooooooooooood!

The other thing it could be, of course, is that it's the Smoke Monster (or whomever it is) who goes around impersonating dead people (Jack's dad, Eko's brother, etc. ) and that's who we're seeing as "Charlie."

Yeah! I've heard that theory! It's like when it took Yemi's form. That would still upset me now. I'm still wishing for a flashforward where we see Charlie and it does what you described-we all go WTF?!?! And then it cuts to the "LOST!" *crosses fingers*
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Charlie back too. If Claire and Aaron don't get rescued despite Charlie's sacrificed, I'd be really, really pissed. The only way it would be okay is if Charlie's still alive.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't Claire and Aaron get off the island. That was the main reason that Charlie died to save his family!!! I though that Desmond saw them leave. These writers are making me really angry

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr

Last edited by Lostwithoutdom on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: