Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keeping Faith Alive Lost Fanfict
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Keeping Faith Alive Lost Fanfict Reply with quote

I just realized I didnt post the fict I have been writing here yet. but first, a little background about it:

This is my first fict ive written alone. I started it at first for something to do while I was in the hospital and as the fict went on, i got so many ideas and it is now a story that has a LOT of things in store for it. Also, just to let you know, that (at first, whenever something hapened to me, something happened to hayley (the main charecter). but its not that anymore because it is planned now. I really would like to know what you think!!

ok, here we go:

Chapter 1: Waking

Its been about 2 days since the crash. There was a lot of sitting and thinking among the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815. If God could hear everyone’s thoughts and prayers among this group of people, he would have a head ache.

The sun was about ready to set. Sawyer was in the fuse lodge going through baggage to try and build up his collection of non-survivor’s things. He was going through a black purse at the moment. Holding his flash light in one hand, the purse in his lap, and his free hand going through the purse. He was deep in concentration when all of a sudden; he heard some rustling in a bit closer to the entrance of the fuse lodge. Sawyer was at the other end, deep into the fuse lodge. He figured it was just his imagination, so he went back to work.

His head snapped up. He heard it again. “What the-?” he said to himself and put the bag down to go investigate. Then he heard a small groan. He saw a girl tangled in seat belts and debris. She groaned a little again. “Help! Somebody help! There’s someone alive here!” Sawyer yelled out.

Jack was talking with Sayid when they heard the call. They quickly ran over to help.

“What is it?” Sayid asked as Kate came running behind them.

“She’s alive!” Jack said. “Hurry, get her out!”

They all worked untangling the mostly unconscious girl from the fuse lodge. It took them a little, but they eventually got her out. She was small, A child, so it was easy for Sayid to carry her in his arms to Jack’s tent.

“Put her over here.” Jack said pointing to the make-shift table he made, to use as a doctor’s table. Sayid layed her on the bed. Jack examined her. She seemed to be ok. There was a couple scratches on her face and arms, but otherwise seemed ok. She stirred and groaned a bit. “Get me some water.” Kate ran to obay Jack’s command.

Jack dabbed at her face with a wet T-shirt. Then he poored just a little water into her mouth and she responded and swallowed. He slowly poored a bit more in, getting her to drink. Kate picked up the wet t-shirt and dabbed at her face more.

This went on for a few more minuts.

Kate looked to her face. The girl’s eyes were starting to open. She blinked a couple of times and the world came into focus again.

She shot up and fell off the table in fear. Though the table wasn’t high, so it wasn’t a big fall. She cowered to the corner of the tent. Her knees bent up, hiding most of her face.

“Its ok. We’re not going to hurt you.” Jack said in a soft voice as he kneeled to the ground to get even with her. Kate followed him. “We’re here to help.” Kate added.

The girl looked confused. She obviously had no clue what happened. That she fell from the sky.

“ Can you tell me your name?” Jack asked in a soft and calm voice. “Or how old you are?”

The girl looked at Sayid, Sawyer and Kate, then back at jack. “Hayley.” She answered in a shakey voice.

“Hi Hayley. Im Jack. This is Kate, Sawyer, and Sayid.” The girl looked very intimidated. Like a scared puppy in the corner.

“How old are you?” Jack then asked.

“Eleven.”

“Do you know what happened? Do you remember anything?”

“No.”

“You were in a plane crash. Does anything hurt? Do you feel like you have any broken bones or anything?”

“No.”

“Wh-What happened?” Hayley asked. Though she regretted even talking once it came out. She was so scared.

“Our plane we were in crashed. You survived. And we have, um, landed on this island.” Kate took over and explained. She figured maybe the child would be less scared with a girl instead of three tall men.

“Oh.”

“Where you travaling with anyone?”

“yes. My mom and dad. We went to austrailia to-“ she stoped talking.

“wh- where is my mom and dad.”

Kate got a worried expression come over her face and she exchanged looks with Jack.

“Well, they may be at camp. We’ll see later.” Jack answered. He was more worried about her at the moment. She couldn’t have eaten in days.

“Are you thirsty? Or hungry?” Jack asked.

Hayley hadn’t thought about her stomach, but now that he mentioned it, she was starving.

“Yes please!”

Jack got food and the water bottle they were using earlier to wake her up with and she gulped everything down like she hadn’t eaten for two days…which was indeed the case.

“Can we go home?” Hayley was confused why they were on a beach.

“No sweetie. See, we don’t exactly know where we landed.”

“But, someone will be coming to look for us, right?”

“We hope so.” By now Sawyer had gone off to his tent.

“Do you need anything?” Sayid asked.

“No, I think were good.”

“Ok.” Sayid said and left.

Jack and Kate sat with Hayley as she finished up eating. The sun was setting. Kate offered to have Hayley share a tent with her for the night, at least until they got a tent set up for Hayley. Kate liked Hayley. She seemed sweet. So Jack and Kate helped her get her bed set up and into bed. Hayley fell right asleep.

just to let everyone know,
me + spelling = hjansbdadfk;a
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 2: News

The next morning Hayley woke up with a start. She was a little disoriented for a moment wondering where she was, then she remembered. Mom, Dad! she thought to herself and ran out of the tent. She stood in place and looked around the camp. Where were they? She went off quietly looking at people’s faces. Everyone was asleep that she looked at. The people who weren’t sleeping were obviously not her parents.

Kate was at Jack’s tent. Hayley walked over there.

“Good morning Hayley.” Kate said.

“Morning.” Hayley answered.

“Do you know where my parents are?”

“Um,” Kate said and exchanged glances with Jack. “What do they look like?” She then added.

“My dad was wearing a suit and had red hair. My mom was sitting next to him. She had long brown hair and was in a blue-ish suit.”

“I haven’t seen them.”

“Oh, ok.” Hayley said and walked away.

Hayley decided to go on a hunt for her bags. She asked Jack where she might look, Jack told her about Sawyer and how he collected pretty much every ones bags and that she should go ask him.

“Hi, Sawyer?”

“Yeah?” Sawyer was reading a book, but he looked up when she came. She recognized him from the night before.

Hayley was shy, but she really wanted her bags.

“I was told you might have my bags.”

“So?”

“Do you? I have a green backpack with lots of things to do in it. It also has my teddy bear. And a red duffle bag with clothes in it. And one other black duffle with um, medical supplies and other, um, things in it.”

“I do in fact have your backpack and your black duffle, hmm, imagine that!”

“Can I please have it?”

“What are ya gonna trade me for it?”

“What? But its mine!”

“And now its mine.”

Hayley got really frustrated now.

“Sawyer I need them!” she pleaded.

“Now what would an eleven year old girl be needing with all that medical stuff?”

Hayley took a deep breath in.

“Well, what about my red duffle bag?”

“I don’t have that.” Sawyer said. Hayley turned to go.

“I think I saw it though.” Hayley turned back hopefully with these words.

“Out by the fuse lodge. I wouldn’t really fit into kids cloths…”

“Thanks.” She said and left.

And She looked on the outside of the fuse lodge but didn’t dare go in. She found her duffle bag. She imagined Sawyer in her clothing and laughed to herself. She then went to see where Kate was, but Jack said she was off in the jungle getting food.

Later that day, Sayid and Jack helped her set up a tent of her own. It didn’t take long. Hayley was out playing with this dog named Vincent and another boy when she saw Kate come out of the jungle a little wet. Kate turned right away to tell something to jack. Hayley ran up to Kate.

“Look! We built a tent!” Hayley said excitedly.

“That’s great.” Kate said. She sounded like she was trying to be excited.

“What’s wrong?” Hayley asked. She detected something in Kate’s voice that made Hayley a little worried.

“I, I Have something to tell you Hayley.”

“What is it?” Hayley asked still smiling.

But Kate looked upset. “We, found your parents. When I was in the jungle.”

“What? Where are they!!” Hayley got so excited.

Kate took in a deep breath. “Hayley, They’re dead.”

“What?” Her smile quickly faded.

Hayley just stood there shaking her head. No, Its not true. It cant be. NO! she thought to herself. Her breathing got deeper. “No” She said very quietly out loud. “Its ok.” Jack went to touch her hand.

“NO!” Hayley yelled and ran off into the jungle. Jack and Kate ran after her.

Her heart was racing. Her head was buzzing. The only thing she could think was the word no. She ran as hard as she could, away. Her breathing got very deep. She tripped over a root and fell to the ground. “No, no!” she said. Trying to catch her breath but for some reason, she just couldn’t. her breath wasn’t coming back. She started gasping for air. And started crying too. She broke down.

Kate and Jack weren’t very far behind. They caught up.
”Hayley, your having an anxiety attack. Take deep breaths. In through your nose, out through your mouth. Look at me.” Jack said

“No” Hayley gasped.

“Yes, its ok. It will be ok. Again, in through your nose, out through your mouth.”

“Come on Hayley, listen to Jack.” Kate said.

“No. th-a-t-s no-t it.” Hayley gasped.

Her breathing got worse.

Her head suddenly dropped to her side, and she fell backward.

“Oh my God” Kate whispered to herself.

“Hayley!” Jack yelled and he started to do CPR.

It didn’t take long. Hayley sat right up. Breathing deeply. But she was breathing again.

“Good job. Deep breaths.” Jack said, relieved. Kate started to stroke Hayley’s hair.

“Its ok.” Kate said soothingly. “Everything will be ok.”

Tears fell from Hayley’s eyes. “That’s not it. It wasn’t an anxiety attack.”

“What do you mean? What was it then?” Jack asked.”

More tears fell from her eyes.

“I have, Im sick.” Jack looked worried.

“What do you mean?” Jack asked.

“Its ok, you can tell us.” Kate added. Hayley looked at Kate, then back at Jack.

“I, I Have a brain tumor over my Parietal Lobe. It messes with my walking and breathing. If I get too worked up, like run like I just did, or something like that, Its hard to breath, and its good if I can get it under control, but otherwise, I stop breathing and someone needs to ressecitate me or else I…It kind of reboots itself. But its not good to get to that stage.” Hayley looked off into the jungle and more tears came down.

“Because of that I also have either good, medium, or bad days when I can move my legs and walk. On good days I’m perfectly fine. But on bad days I cant move my legs at all but I can still feel them.

Their worried it will move or grow bigger and go to the part of the brain that would make me have seizures and all. They couldn’t operate. The reason we went to Australia is to pick up this kind of chemo medicine that they only make in Australia and you can’t get it out of the country without a look from special doctors there. We were flying back with it when this happened. We have it all, all the equipment too. Well, Sawyer has it actually.”

Hayley started crying. “And now I’m going to die here without my parents because we can’t get the medicine.”

Kate rubbed her back. A tear fell from her face too, but she quickly hides it so Hayley couldn’t see.

“It’s ok Hayley. It will be ok.” Jack said.

“How can you say that?!” Hayley said back.

“Because, you said you have all the medicine and equipment, right? So we can do it. I mean, if you want.” Jack said.

“Jack’s a doctor.” Kate said realizing that Hayley didn’t know that.

“OK? And we can help take care of you. You’ll be ok.” Kate said as she rubbed Hayley’s back. Hayley nodded. “My chart is in the bag with my medicines too, incase you want to see it.” Hayley added.

“Ok.” Jack said. “Can you get up?”

“Yes.”

“Ok. Lets go back then.

“Ok.” Hayley said, and they all walked back to camp.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 3: Ways to Occupy

Hayley was sitting on Jack’s table-bed drinking some water. Kate was sitting next to her. Hayley looked sad.

“What are Jack and Sayid talking about?” Hayley asked looking at Jack at Sayid’s tent.

“They’re figuring out how their going to get your bag back.”

“Think Sawyer’s just gonna give it to them?”

“They’ll figure out a way….”

Hayley got up from the table.

“Where are you going?” Kate asked.

“To stop it before it gets out of hand.” And with that, Hayley walked off.

She walked up to Sawyer’s tent. He was sitting at the same place reading the same book as before, though he was much farther along. Gosh, he must be addicted to reading or something! She thought to herself.

“Sawyer, I need the black duffle bag with the medicine in it.”

“Sorry, no-can-do.” He replied not even looking up from his book.

He looked up at Hayley’s face.

“Why do you need them?” He finally gave in.

“If I give you a good answer, can I have them?”

“Sure, if you give me worthy answers, I’ll give it to you.”

“Fine.” Hayley took a deep breath in, thinking what she was going to say without giving him too much information. He seemed like the type that if you give them information, they would somehow turn it against you.

“Because I’ll die without it.” Hayley was getting agitated now, but she stood her ground.

“Die because you want it? Or die because you physically can’t live without it?”

“The physically one.”

Sawyer looked at her, trying to detect if she was lying. If she was, she was a damn good little actress.

“Fine.” He said and went into his tent to get it. He threw it in front of her feet.

“Thanks.” She said.

And with the joy of defeating him, she picked up the bag and walked away.

She went to where Jack and Sayid were talking.

“Got it!” Hayley said with a slight smile, holding the bag out towards the men.

“Hi Sayid.” Hayley added.

“Hello Hayley.” He replied. Jack took the bag.

“How did you get it?” He asked her.

“I told him I couldn’t live without it.”

Sayid smiled at her. “Good job Hayley.”

Jack and Hayley went back to Jack’s tent. Kate had left earlier. Hayley grabbed a mango and sat on the bed. Hayley still looked down though.

“Ok.” He said as he opened the duffle. He took out the file that was on the very top and started reading it. Hayley stared at the ground a little embarrassed, though she didn’t know what of.

Jack finished reading the file. “Ok.” He said again looking at Hayley.

“Are you ok?” He asked, noticing she looked upset.

“Yeah. Fine.” Hayley said looking at him. She gave a little smile.

“Ok. If you’re sure.” He said and looked back down at the duffle. He started taking everything out. Hayley’s crutches, the pole, the equipment, and the actual bags of medicine. Then Jack stopped. Oh no. He thought to himself.

“What is it?” Hayley asked, noticing something was wrong.

“Huh? Nothing, its nothing. Ok, how about we start this tomorrow?” Jack asked Hayley.

“Ok.” Hayley said. She then decided to go to her tent. Vincent the dog ran by her tent and she decided to get up and follow him.

“Vincent.” Hayley called. “Hey! Vincent!” Hayley sped up. The dog turned and went to Hayley. He picked up a stick on the way and Hayley knew he wanted to play fetch. She picked up the stick the dog dropped in front of her and threw it.

They played fetch for a while. Then Hayley accidentally slipped and hit somebody. Hayley went to see who she hit.

“Ow! Damn! What did you do that for?!” Sawyer exclaimed.
”Sorry! It was an accident. I didn’t mean to!” Hayley said running up to him.

Sawyer handed her the stick he got hit with, and then turned to go back to his reading. Hayley sat down next to him with her legs crossed.

“What are you reading?” she asked tilting her head to the side.

“Watership Down.” Sawyer said, still not looking up from his book which he was obviously engulfed in.

“What’s it about?” Hayley persisted.

“Rabbits.” He said.

“Is it any good?”

“Don’t you have something to go do?” Sawyer asked annoyed.

“No.”

Sawyer sighed finally looking up at her.

“What do you want?” He asked, trying to get rid of her.

“Are you addicted to reading?” Hayley decided to ask.

“What? No.” Sawyer said, though he thought that was entertaining.

“Why do you think that?” He asked.

“Because, I haven’t seen you anywhere else but here reading.” She replied.

“That’s because there really isn’t much else to do. And reading passes the time.”

“True.” Hayley sighed.

“What?” Sawyer asked.

“Huh? Nothing.” Hayley got up. ”No offence, but your kinda boring. See ya!” Hayley said with a little giggle, and ran off.

“What? I’m not boring.” Sawyer said to himself.

Hayley went to the waters edge. She put her feet in the cool water and looked around her, thinking of what to do next. I know! She thought.

She turned around and went to where the sand wasn’t too wet, but not too dry and started building. The sun was close to setting. She knew her creation wouldn’t last the night, but she was having fun building. She first made a big mound, then started to shape it into a castle. She noticed something was happening a bit in the distance, but she couldn’t tell. She decided to go see what was happening. But at the time she got there, Jack had appeared. She hadn’t seen him since the morning. People had wondered where he was.

He gave a speech, saying that there were caves with fresh water and that they would be good shelter. He was going to take a group tomorrow morning. Hayley wondered who was going to go, and if she should too.

leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 4: The Move

Jack’s speech was a little creepy to Hayley. Especially the “Live together, die alone” part. Hayley looked around the camp. It seemed like no one was sleeping. Everyone seemed stirred from the speech. She went to Kate’s tent. But Kate wasn’t there, she was out somewhere. Hayley then thought she would wonder around hopefully finding someone to be with. She was lonely. She saw Sayid sitting by the fire, she went up to him.

“Hi Sayid.” She said, sitting next to him.

“Hello.” He replied.

“Do you think your going to go to the caves?” Hayley asked.

“No. I don’t think so.”

“Why not?” Hayley asked, curious. Sayid looked at her and smiled a little.

“Well, I would like to stay on the beach, for maybe if rescue comes. I like it here.” Sayid answered. Hayley looked back out to the fire.

“Do you think you’re going to go?” Sayid asked.

“I don’t know. Yeah, probably. Because Jack is going.” Sayid understood. Jack was going to help her with her medicines and all. It wouldn’t be a good idea for her to be far from him. Just in case. But Sayid noticed Hayley was a little uneasy about it.

“Well, I’m sure it will be fine.” Sayid comforted her.

“Yeah, thanks.” Hayley replied. “I think I’m going to go see who else is going to go.” Hayley then said. “Alright, Ill see you later then.” Sayid said.

“Yeah, see ya.” Said Hayley, then she went off.

Hayley went back to her tent, but she couldn’t sleep. She figured she could always sleep tomorrow. She thought to herself. That’s one thing good about being away from home. No School! Though that wasn’t nessiceraly true. Hayley actually liked school, but she was trying to see the positive side of being where she was, and honestly, that wasn’t very easy. Hayley started to pack up her things, though most of it was still in her bags. She figured it would be best to be ready for the morning.

That night she didn’t get any sleep at all.

The sun was rising. Jack had come to check on Hayley, making sure she was all ready to go. She threw the last few things into her bag and zipped up. Jack had reassured Hayley that she would still be seeing everyone because people would be hanging out in both places and coming back and forth. Haley picked up her duffle bag and went over to Jack. He was telling the group to stay together and follow him. Sayid had walked up to see if anyone needed help with their bags. He noticed Hayley struggling to carry her duffle bag that was about the size of her.

“Hayley, do you need some help with that?” He asked almost laughing at her trying to wrap the bag around her figuring out how to carry it.

“Well, yes, please.” She said realizing how stupid she must have looked and giggle a little. Sayid took one end of the bag and Hayley took the other end. The group went off.

The walk was peaceful Hayley noticed. She got tired half way into the walk so Sayid took the bag and carried it himself. Jack had told Sayid about Hayley’s “condition”, so Sayid had no problem staying behind with her. He enjoyed her company anyway. They weren’t too far behind the group. Jack knew Sayid was with Hayley, so he wasn’t worried when they came into camp a few minutes late.

Hayley set her things up not very far from where Jack’s stuff was. Hayley then went to play in the water for a little bit. There was a small waterfall which she was very excited about with a little pool and a river that flowed into the jungle from both ends. Sayid had gone and there were the few people who came with around setting up their spots. Kate and Sawyer came out of the jungle. Kate already knew the way to the caves and she was showing Sawyer.

“Hi Kate! Hi Sawyer!” Hayley ran up to hug Kate. Kate hugged her, then Hayley whipped her wet hair and splashed Sawyer.

“Hey! What did you do that for?” Sawyer asked. Kate laughed and Hayley just smiled back.

“Because I thought it would be funny!” Hayley answered. Then she ran off to find a change of cloths. She went behind some caves to change and get dried off. Then she came out. She wasn’t sure where Kate went, but Sawyer was filling up some water bottles. So Hayley went over to where Jack was setting up his things and sat on the doctors bed he made.

“Hi Jack.” Hayley said.

“Hi Hayley. Im just about finished.” Jack said putting a few more things away. “Done. So, Are you ready to start?”

“Sure.” Hayley said, though she wasn’t very joyful about it.

“This kind of chemo is VERY strong. If you see stuff that aren’t supposed to be there, like hallucinations, tell me right away. Or if you have any side effects. Ok?”

“Ok.” Hayley nodded.

“Ok.” Jack said taking a deep breath. “There is one thing...” He said.

“What?” Hayley asked.

“I have to put a port in your arm to give you the medicine.” Jack said. “And it will, well, I don’t think you’ll like it. Usually they put these in with a sedative.”

“But we don’t have any, do we?” Said Hayley realizing this was probably going to hurt.

“Right.” Jack said looking around for someone to hold Hayley down because he knew this was going to hurt. Oh, great. Jack though seeing that the only person around was…Sawyer.

“Ill be right back.” Jack said to Hayley as he walked up to Sawyer. Hayley couldn’t hear them. They both came to where Hayley was.

“Hayley, Sawyer is going to help, ok?”

“Yeah.” Hayley said, getting scared.

“Ok.” Sawyer sat down next to Hayley, not saying anything. Hayley wondered what Jack said to Sawyer to get him to do this.

“Hayley, sit on Sawyers lap.” Sawyer rolled his eyes at this, though Hayley didn’t see.

“Sawyer, hold her arm still, don’t let her pull away. Ok?” Said Jack.

“Yeah.” Sawyer said as Jack pulled out the port. “Jesus doc!” exclaimed Sawyer as he noticed the huge needle. Hayley quickly looked away. A tear leaked down from her face, but she didn’t say anything.

“Ok, here we go.” Said Jack. Hayley’s eyes were closed. She grabbed Sawyers free hand and squeezed as hard as she could, though it wasn’t much for Sawyer. Jack cut a hole in her arm where he was going to insert the large needle and began. Hayley’s head whipped back onto Sawyers shoulder. She squeezed her eyes so tight, she saw stars under her eyelids. She clenched her jaw so hard because she knew if she screamed, it would only hurt worse. She subconsciously tried to pull her arm away from Sawyer, but he held strong and steady. She was no match for him. Jack finished up.

“Done, its done Hayley.” Jack said and Sawyer released his grip on Hayley’s hands. Hayley just fell limp and started sobbing.

“Here, lay her on the bed.” Jack said, Sawyer followed. Hayley cried for a little longer, then just fell asleep. Jack finished hooking up the port in her arm to the pole with the dispensing machine and medicine on it, then he bandaged her arm up. Sawyer just stood there watching in shock wondering why Jack had to do that. Jack finished bandaging her up, then noticed Sawyer was still standing behind him. Jack turned to him.

“Thanks.” Jack said.

“Why did you have to do that?” Sawyer decided to ask.

“Because. She’s sick.” Jack responded.

“Sick with what?”

“She has cancer.” Jack said. That shut Sawyer up, and he turned and left to go back to the beach.

It was later that day. Jack and Kate were sitting by the water eating some mangoes and talking. Hayley was drifting in and out of sleep. The chemo made her feel kind of sick.

Sawyer came out of the jungle carrying a back pack. He came up to Hayley and sat down next to her bed. Kate was watching him out of the corner of her eye, but she decided to not say anything.

Sawyer took out of the bag a teddy bear and held it up to Hayley’s face. She was sleeping, so he gently rubbed the bear against her face until she woke up. She noticed it was her teddy and quickly grabbed it, and hugged it. She then looked at Sawyer.

“I thought you might like it.” Hayley smiled at him.

“Thank you.” She said.

“I also have your back pack.”

Hayley smiled, and Sawyer gave a slight wink and got up and left.

leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 5: Odd Friends

The next day there was a bustle of people coming back and forth from the caves. Apparently, some girl had some bad asthma attacks and Sayid tortured someone to get the girls medicine back. Sayid had left the camp in shame of what he did. Hayley was sad about that. She liked Sayid. She hoped he would be ok. Jack had assured her that night that he would be ok, and that he would come back when he was ready. He also told her that Sayid used to be in the army, though he didn’t tell her which army. He didn’t think she needed to know that. Hurley also built a gulf corse. Hayley overheard all this information from gossiping survivors and Jack. Hayley wasn’t feeling well that day, so she just slept.

The next day she woke up. Jack wasn’t far eating breakfast. She sat up in bed.
“’Morning Jack.” Hayley said rubbing her eyes.
“Morning Hayley.” Jack said. He came over to her and sat on her bed by her feet.
“Would you like some breakfast?” He asked handing her some mango.
“Sure.” Hayley said taking it.
“Can I go see the gulf course please?” Hayley asked him. She was bored and wanted something to do.
“You feeling up to it?” Jack asked her.
“Yeah.”
“Well, maybe in a bit. I have some stuff to do first.” He said.
“Ok” Hayley said a little disappointed.
A few minutes later Sawyer walked out of the jungle and went to fill up his water bottle in the stream. Hayley got up and went over to him.
“Morning Sawyer.” She said. She noticed he had a bandage on his arm.
“What happened to your arm?” Hayley asked.
“Huh? Oh, its nothing, just a scratch.” He said.
“You know, there having a gulfing tournament over at the course Tubby made.” Sawyer said.
“Really? I want to go!” Hayley said. She then went over to Jack.
“Jack, they’re having a gulfing tournament! Can I go?”
“Hayley, I told you, I cant take you right now. In a bit.” He said.
“Well hell doc. I could take her if that’s all.” Sawyer suggested entering the conversation. Jack looked at him, obviously thinking he was a jerk. But Jack did notice how nice Sawyer was around Hayley.
“Alright, you can take her. Ill be there in a little bit.”
“Ok, see ya then.” Sawyer said, turning with Hayley to go.
“Oh, and Sawyer!” Jack yelled after them. Sawyer and Hayley turned.
“Watch out for her. Don’t let her do anything- well, stupid.” Jack said, a little worried about Hayley with Sawyer. Kate walked over at this time.
“Ayay Captain Jack!” Sawyer said. Then he noticed the worried look on Jack’s face.
“Don’t worry, ill take care of her.” Sawyer said, then Hayley and Sawyer went off.
“What was that about?” Kate asked.
“Sawyer is taking Hayley to the gulfing tournament.” Jack said.
“Jack, she’ll be fine.” Kate said comforting him.
“Yeah, I know.” Jack said.

Sawyer and Hayley walked through the jungle. Hayley was excited to be away from the caves. They came out into a clearing. There was a big tree with lots of branches on it. Hayley took off towards it.
“Hey, where are you going Nemo?” Sawyer yelled after her. Hayley looked back.
“Nemo?” She asked.
“Yeah, you never saw Finding Nemo before?”
“Yeah, I have, I love that movie. But why Nemo?”
“Because, your young, cute,-“ Sawyers voice trailed off as he realized what he was thinking.
“Have a problem like Nemo’s fin?” Hayley asked testingly. Sawyer felt a little embarrassed.
“Well, I was going to say keep taking off everywhere, but that works too.” Hayley decided not to be mad and giggled a little.
“I like Nemo.” Sawyer was relieved she wasn’t mad. She then started to climb the tree.
“Hey, what do you think your doing?” Sawyer said.
“Climbing, want to join?” He gave a little laugh.
“I don’t think so.” He said.
“Ok. But now I get to think of a nick name for you!” Hayley said once she got a bit higher in the tree.
“This should be good.” Sawyer said amused.
“Hmmmm…” Hayley said allowed, thinking.
“Tom.” She finaly said.
“Tom?” Sawyer asked. “What kind of a nickname it Tom?”
“As in Tom Sawyer. Tom Sawyer went around impressing girls - particularly Becky Thatcher, or in your case, Kate.” She smirked. Sawyer looked at her shaking his head, but still grinning. Hayley went on.
“ - With fights and stunts in the schoolyard, getting lost in a cave, and playing pirates on the Mississippi River. So, that’s kind of the south. The best-known passage in the book describes how Sawyer persuades his friends to white-wash, or paint, a long fence for him…. You obviously persuade a lot of people to do stuff.” Hayley said matter-of-factly.
“How did you know all that?” Sawyer asked a bit amazed.
“Lets just say, im good at remembering stuff.” Hayley said climbing down from the tree. She wasn’t up there very long, but at least she got it out of her system.
“How much farther is the gulf course- Tom?” Hayley asked with a smile.
“Not much.” Sawyer said.

They came out of the woods to the tournament already taking place. Everyone was smiling and having fun. Hayley sat on the grass to watch. Sawyer took a seat next to her. They laughed at Charlie pretending to help Hurley gulf. Really he was just being funny and making a fool out of himself. Later Jack and Kate came out of the woods laughing. You could tell they were talking. In Hayley’s opinion, they were flurting, but she didn’t want to mention anything to Sawyer. She pretended like she was watching the game when Kate and Jack walked up to them.
“Hey Hayley.” Kate said, sitting on the other side of her.
“Hey.” Hayley said back smiling. Kate noticed Hayley had dark circles under her eyes, and she was pale. Kate didn’t say anything though.
“How was the walk up?” Jack asked.
“Fine.” Hayley said. Sawyer got up. “See ya later Nemo.” Sawyer said, and walked off.
“Bye.” Hayley said. Jack took a seat next to Kate. They sat there for a bit, then the game started winding down. Hayley yawned.
“Ready to go back?” Jack asked her. Hayley turned to him.
“Yeah.” She said. She was getting tired, even though it was the middle of the day. The walk up to the golf course must have tired her out Jack thought. All three of them got up. Hayley saw there was a gulf ball coming toward her, so she flinched a little. Then she noticed it was going in the other direction.
“You ok?” Kate asked.
“Yeah, I just thought the ball was coming toward us, but it just looked like it did.”
“Oh.” Kate said. They started walking back to the caves. Half way there Kate said good by to Jack and Hayley. Kate still lived at the beach. She went back to her tent. Hayley and Jack went back to the caves. Jack hooked Hayley up to her medicine, then went off checking on people and “being the leader”. Hayley was bored. She couldn’t go anywhere because she wasn’t strong enough to lift the medal pole with her medicine on it up to move. So she sat on the bed and drew pictures in the sand with her feet. She started to wish they lived at the beach.

leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 6: Back to the Start

Hayley woke up to some one screaming. She sat up quickly in her bed. It was the pregnant girl, Claire. Hayley lifted off the covers that were on her and went to get up, but her legs didn’t move quick enough so she just fell out of bed.

“You alright?” Jack asked as he was darting for Claire.

“Yeah” Hayley said quietly. Jack was already at Claire to make sure she was ok. Once Jack had established that she was ok, he quickly went to Hayley.

“Are you ok? What happened?” He asked helping Hayley off the ground.

“Yeah, Im ok. I just, cant really move good today.” Hayley said. Jack understood.

“Is Claire alright? What happened?” She asked.

“She’s ok.” He said as he helped Hayley back into bed.

“Did you pull out your cord when you fell?” He asked examining Her medicine cords.

“I don’t think so.” She said.

“Ok, well, I have to go help Claire. Ill be back to help you in a bit.” He said noticing Hayley looked kind of sad.

“Try and get back to sleep. Its really early. Ok?” He asked concerned. It was still dark out.

“Yeah.” She said. He rubbed her back, then went to help Claire. Hayley saw Jack try and give something to Claire, but Claire got upset and packed her things and stormed off. Hayley laid back down, but she couldn’t sleep. Once she was up, she was up for good. She sat up and decided to take out her ipod. At school, she had modified it to run on solar power, so there was no need to charge it or anything. She was proud of it. It was covered in a solar panel and with one sticking on ontop. Her friends were jelous of her.

She just sat there listening to her ipod for a while. She was happy she had it. She forgot she did until now. Charlie passed by.

“Charlie!” Hayley called out. She was lonely.

“Hi Hayley, not now.” He said jogging by. Hayley watched him pass by.

“ok.” She said to her self and sighed. Hayley saw Kate come out of the jungle, but she walked over to Jack. Hayley took off her headphones. She didn’t feel like listening to it anymore.

“What happened?” Kate asked. Hayley could over the whole conversation.

“Claire said she was attacked.” Jack answered her.

“Where is she?” Kate asked.

“She took off after, after I tried to give her a mild sedative. Charlie went after her.”

“Why did you do that after she was attacked?” Kate asked shocked at Jack.

“Kate, I don’t think she was attacked. Pregnant woman can have elucide dreams and last night she was sleepwalking and woke up screaming. Her stress is way amped up from being here. If she doesn’t calm down, It will force the baby into an early labor.”

“She took off to the beach?”

“Yeah, and Charlie is with her.”

“I guess we should give her time to calm down then.” Kate said. The sun was coming up by now. Kate looked around.

“How is Hayley doing?” Kate asked.

“I don’t know. I think she’s depressed, and scared as hell right now.

“Well, anyone would be scared in her situation.” Kate said understanding.

“Yeah, I know. I was going to go to her once I finished with Claire.”

“So lets go then.” Kate said and walked over to Hayley. Hayley decided to pretend not to have heard anything.

Kate and Jack came over to Hayley.

“Morning Hayley.” Kate said as she took a seat on the bed next to Hayley.

“Morning.” Hayley said. She was obviously sad.

“Are you ok?” Kate asked, sitting on her bed next to her. Jack stood.

“Yeah, Im fine.” Hayley said. She was very quiet. Kate rubbed her back.

“Is Claire ok?” Hayley asked.

“Yeah.” Kate said.

“Can, can I move to the beach?” Hayley decided to ask. That had been on her mind for a while. Kate looked at Jack.

“Sure, Ill move back with you too.” Jack finally said. “Later tonight though.”
”Really?!” Hayley said with a smile. “But what about everyone here?”

“Well, Ill be coming back and forth a lot, and other people will probably have to help anyway.” Hayley didn’t exactly know what he ment by that, but she figured he ment help with her.

Just then, Sayid came stumbling into the caves.

“Sayid!” Jack said. He went to Sayid. Kate helped Jack lay him down and get some water. Hayley wanted to get up to see if he was ok. There was so much going on! But sleep was creeping up on her. She didn’t get much sleep the night before anyway. So she layed back down, she would see Sayid later. She drifted off to sleep.

Hayley woke up not long after. Jack had gone to the beach to look for Claire. Sayid was resting over by some rocks to her left. Hayley scooted as far as the wire she was connected to would let her.

“Sayid!” Hayley called. Sayid sat up and looked over at her. He got up onto his feet. He had a big bandage on one of his legs. He had a slight limp as he walked over to Hayley’s bed.

“Hello Hayley.” Sayid said. Hayley hugged him.

“You came back.” Hayley said. “Im happy to see you.” She said. Sayid sat down on her bed.

“How have you been?” Sayid asked.

“Well, I’ve been better.” Hayley said giving him a slight smile.

“Haven’t we all.” Sayid said. They visited for a little bit, then Sayid went back to lay down. Jack came back once, but then headed out. Hayley knew something happened, though she didn’t know what. No one would tell her.

Later that night, Kate, Jack, and Charlie came out of the jungle. Hayley had found out that Ethan had taken Claire and Charlie. Hayley was scared, she couldn’t sleep. Hayley sat in her bed that night. She was scared to move off it, like there was a monster under her bed, but in the case, the monster was the jungle. Sayid had gone back to his tent on the beach. Hayley overheard Jack saying that everyone had to move up the beach because the tide came in. Sayid said he would build a tent for her, because Jack told him that they would be moving back to the beach.

Later that morning, Sayid came back to the caves to help the people who wanted to move.

Kate had come too. Jack had already moved most of his stuff that night. He also took Hayley’s duffle bag back, so she only had her backpack, and the pole she was hooked to, and she was free to use her crutches. Hayley was sitting against a rock, waiting to go. She was worried though because she needed to use her crutches because she was having a ‘medium’ day. She could move her legs, but not very well. She was a little frustrated.

“Ok, ready to go?” Jack asked. “Hayley, don’t worry, it will be ok.” Jack knew she was worried about taking the hike to the beach for two reasons. One; because she was scared from the previous day that Charlie and Claire had been kidnapped, and two, because she needed her crutches and was hooked to her medicine, so if she needed to run away, she couldn’t. Jack helped her up and got her crutches for her. They weren’t the uncomfortable kind that went under your arms, they stopped at her mid forearm and wrapped around her arm. Hayley already had her backpack on.

“Ok everyone, ready to go?” Jack asked. There was only Hayley, Kate, Sayid, and the Korean couple named Sun and Jin. Sayid lead the way, Followed by Sun and Jin. Jack Carried Hayley’s pole, and Kate walked next to Jack. Everyone walked in silence most of the way. Hayley was very jumpy. She kept thinking she heard noises, but it was just her imagination. Jack had to calm her down. Hayley stayed close to Jack. She felt safe with him. Hayley was also worried that when she got to the beach, people might look at her weird because they never saw her with crutches before. She tried not to think of anything like that. Though she didn’t like silence eather.

“What your favorite color?” She asked Kate and Jack. Kate and Jack smiled at her.

“I like orange.” Kate answered.

“Hmm. I like blue.” Jack said.

“What do you like Hayley?” Jack asked.

“Well, I like everything!” Hayley answered.

“So do I” Kate agreed.

“Yeah, I agree.” Jack said.

“Ok, here we are.” Jack said a little later as they got closer to the beach.

“But, this isn’t the same spot as last time. Its different!” Hayley said.

“Well, we had to move up the beach because the tide came in. It pretty much washed the fuse lodge away.” Jack said. Hayley forgot about that. Then she rememberd Sayid made her a tent.

“We’ll show you where your tent is.” Jack said.

leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 7: Frustration

Hayley woke up a little disoriented, but she quickly remembered where she was. She went to get washed up, but when she tried to get up, her legs didn’t budge. She tried in vane, then started to tear up. She got worried. “How in the world am I supposed to survive on an island, when there weren’t wheel chairs or anything?!” she thought to herself. She started to cry. “everything happens to me!” she thought.

It was late morning and Hayley was hungry and thirsty. She couldn’t just stay in her tent all day without having anything to eat or drink. She decided she would try to get outside so she could ask for some help.

It was hard, but after a while, she got herself onto her stomach facing the door to her tent. She tried using her hands to pull herself out, but it didn’t work. She dug her elbows into the sand and slowly inched her way out.

Once she was out, she didn’t see anyone close enough to yell for. It was clear to her that Jack was not in his tent, so she decided to scoot the opposite way. Sawyer walked out of his tent and went to fix the door to his tent. Hayley decided that that was the best she was going to do because Jack wasn’t there.

“Sawyer!” Hayley yelled. He looked around for the source of the yelling.

“Sawyer!” She called again. He turned around. Once he realized it was Hayley, he ran to her worried because she was on the ground.

“You okay Lilly?” Sawyer asked right away.

“Yeah, I just, Is Jack around?”

“Um, I’m not sure, I’ll go find him.” Sawyer said, worried, and he ran off.

“Wait!-I” Hayley started, but Sawyer didn’t hear.

He came back not long after with Jack by his side. Hayley started scooting twards them.

“Hey, you ok?” Jack asked. He could see the worried and anxious expressions on Hayley’s face.

“Yeah, I just, I cant move…at all.” Hayley said, a small tear coming down her cheek. Jack wiped it away.

“Its ok.” He said. “Here.” Jack said picking her up in his arms. It was really easy for Jack to pick her up, she was so light. He carried her over to his tent and put her on the table-bed. Hayley fell towards him on the side because she couldn’t hold herself up because she couldn’t feel anything today all the way up to her mid-back.

“Wow.” Jack said catching her.

“Sorry.” Hayley said quietly.

“Its ok.” Jack said as she looked down. Jack grabbed her shoulders to steady her. He looked at her eyes. “Its ok.” He reassured her.

Sawyer was still standing there watching. He wanted to make sure she was ok.

“Sawyer?” Jack said, still holding her shoulders keeping her from falling over. “Could you find me something to prop her up please?”

“Yeah, yeah.” Sawyer said helpfully. This time, he wanted to help.

They tried for a while, but it got too hard to prop her up on the bed. They moved her to a tree near Jack’s tent. They put a blanked down for her to sit on. She was on the border between the beach and the jungle, so she could see everything happening on the beach, including the ocean. Jack and Sawyer got her all set up with her backpack from her tent, some food, a water bottle, and her medicine so she was hooked to the pole.

Sawyer sat down next to her watching her eat, like he was worried she was going to fall, like a baby falls out of their highchair. Hayley turned to him.

“Lilly?” She asked.

“Huh?” Sawyer said, realizing she wasn’t about to fall.

“You called me Lilly. “ Hayley said.

“Yeah, you know, little Ley said fast is Lilly.” He explained.

“Ohh. Wanna thumb wrestle?” Sawyer laughed.

“Sure, but you know im gonna win.” He said teasingly.

“Na uh!” She said back. Hayley took his hand.

“One, Two, Three, Four, I declare a thumb war. Five, Six, Seven, Eight, try to keep your thumb strait!” Hayley said and then they started. They both got really into it. Their arms flailing all over the place and lots of giggles from Hayley. The first two games Sawyer won. The second game Hayley won because Sawyer let her, but she didn’t know that. They were on their third game. Hayley was still leaning against the tree, but she was slowly sliding off. They were both too into the game to notice, until Hayley fell right into Sawyers elbow and let go of his hand. Hayley tried to hoist herself back up, but she failed miserably.

“I need some help.” Hayley said. The reason she couldn’t control falling to the side was because she had not control of anything all the way up to about her belly button. Sawyer got her back up, but that officially ended the thumb wrestling game.

Sawyer had to go to fix his tent. Hayley was sitting alone a little frustrated because she couldn’t do anything. She missed home. She took a deep sigh and slipped down. She couldn’t get back up which got her more frustrated. She started to cry. She didn’t see anyone around. She waited a bit, then she saw Jack and Kate talking.

“Jack! Kate!” She yelled to them. They turned around and ran to her.

“You ok?” Jack asked.

“Yeah, I just cant get up!” She said, and started to cry. Jack and Kate helped her up, but she didn’t stay up, she kept sliding down. Kate went off to get some things to prop her up with. She came back with three squishy looking suit cases. Once they helped Hayley, Kate sat next to her to try and calm her down.

Kate sat there for a while. Hayley eventually fell asleep on her shoulder. The sun was starting to set. Jack was back from checking in with everybody like he usually did almost every night. He sat down next to Kate and handed her food. He set Hayley’s down next to him, for when she wakes up.

“Jack?”

“Yeah Kate?”

“Is Hayley, Do you think she will be alright.”

“Kate, I don’t have an MRI, or labs, or anything-“

“- but what do you think?” Kate cut him off.

“Kate, we’ll just have to wait and see.” He said.

……………………………………………………………………………………

The next morning Hayley woke up. Kate and Jack had left and Hayley was sitting in the same spot as yesterday. She tried to see if she could move her legs this morning. She was so relieved when she found out she could. She got right up from her spot and walked around, stretching out her cramped legs from not moving the previous day.

She saw Sayid and Shannon sitting and working on something. She walked over to see what was up.

“Hi.” Hayley said as she got closer to them.

“Hello Hayley.” Sayid said. Shannon just smiled at her.

“What are you doing?”

“Were trying to read the maps I got from the French lady.” Sayid explained.

Hayley sat down next to Sayid. She started drawing in the sand. She looked up at the jungle when she heard some rustling. She saw her friend smiling at her. She did a double take and he was gone. She went back to her sand-drawing when she heard it again. She looked up, and sure enough, there he was. Smiling from behind a tree. His big round glasses gleamed in the morning sun. The sun reflected of his bright blonde hair too. He motioned to her to follow him. She stood up and Sayid looked at her.

“Ill see you later.” She said not even looking at them. She followed the boy into the jungle.

leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 8: Loosing Ground

Hayley ran towards the jungle. She was breathing hard. Sawyer saw her pass him. He was sitting reading a magazine. He saw her go into the jungle.

“Man.” He said, reluctantly getting up to tease Jack.

“Hey, Jackass!” He yelled. Jack looked up from what he was doing.

“She supposed to be goin' off by herself?” Sawyer said pointing in the direction she went. Jack and Kate looked at each other, dropped their things, and ran after her.

Hayley saw her friend Shane in front of her. She ran to keep up with him. She came into a clearing. She looked around. She saw some bushes rustle and a glint of light blond hair. “There he went!” she thought. She ran towards it. She ran a bit further, then stopped when she saw him in front of her. He was standing on top of a rock covered in blood.

“I miss you.” He whispered. The wind blew and he jumped backwards off the rock and disappeared.

“Wait!” Hayley yelled. She ran as hard as she could a few steps further, but she didn’t see the huge hill the blood stained rock was covering, and she tumbled down it.

She rolled on and on, then there was a small landing, but she couldn’t stop. She fell off the edge, but caught a root and hung on for her life.

She looked down. She was dangling off a cliff. Her heart started pounding. Her hand was getting sweaty. She screamed thinking no one could hear her. But she was wrong. She didn’t know Jack and Kate were a little ways behind her. They carefully, but swiftly made it down the hill. They ran to the edge of the cliff.

“Hayley!” Jack screamed. She was down a good ways, but he was thinking he could reach her.

“Help!” She yelled in vain.

“Hayley, grab my hand!” Jack yelled reaching down. She attempted, but failed.

“I cant!” She cried.

“You have to!” She tried again. This time their fingers touched, but he still couldn’t grab her. She focused in on his hand. She tried this time with all her might, swinging herself up. She had to let go of the branch she was holding onto a little to get to his hand. Jack leaned as far as he could. As he leaned, a couple of rocks fell and hit her on the head. She winced. She touched his fingers again, but it was too late. She screamed!

“Hayley!” Both Jack and Kate screamed. Kate covered her face and started to cry. Jack just staired down at her, and started to cry.

Hayley fell through the air. She knew there was nothing she could do. Her wish was always to fly. “I guess I got my wish” she thought. She was watching the tops of the trees getting closer and closer. She shut her eyes tight and held out her hands.

The wind stopped. She wasn’t falling any more. She opened her eyes. She was above the trees, but she wasn’t falling any more. She moved her hand and fell to the ground.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

Sawyer heard screams coming from the cliffs not very far from here. He thought it must be Hayley. He ran down the beach as hard as he could. He ran on and on.

He saw something fall in the distance. He stopped to watch. It hovered above the threes, then fell again. He ran into the trees to look for what it was. He had a bad feeling. He stopped when he saw what was in front of him. His stomach churned. His heart started beating fast. He saw Hayley lying there, covered in cuts, bruses, and blood. He started to cry. He couldn’t help himself. He sat down and put his head in his hands. “Oh my God.” He thought.

Just then, he heard a small groan.

leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 9: Cuts, Bruses, and Blood

Sawyer’s head snapped up and he fell to his knees beside her. She whispered in a crackly voice, and Sawyer could barely make it out.

“Help… hurts so bad.”

He quickly scooped her up and ran as fast and as hard as he could to the beach.

“Where’s Jack?!” Sawyer yelled to Charlie.

“I don’t know, why? What happened?” He asked seeing Hayley.

“WHERE IS HE?!”

Sayid heard the commotion and ran to help Sawyer.

“He’s not back yet, oh my God.” Sayid said. “Quickly! Bring her to Jack’s tent!”

They rushed her over to his tent and laid her on the table.

“Don’t just stand there! Somebody go find the doc!” Sawyer yelled to the crowd that was starting to gather to see what happened. He saw Charlie and a few other people he couldn’t make out run to go look for Jack and he turned back to Hayley. He and Sayid worked on bandaging her cuts up until Jack got there. They had to stop the bleeding.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Jack!

“-Jack!”

“Jack!”

Charlie went off in one direction, Michael, Locke, and Jin all split up, though you could hear everyone yelling in the background.

“Jack!” Charlie yelled. He saw Kate come out of the brush up ahead, followed by Jack.

“Oy! Jack!” Charlie yelled, running to them.

“Jack! Hayley’s hurt! We need help!”

“She’s alive?!” Jack asked in shock.

“What do you mean? Of course she’s alive! COME ON!”

They ran out of the jungle and Jack sprinted to his tent where it looked like the entire camp was huddled. The crowd quickly made a clear path for Jack and Kate to get through. Sawyer turned around.

“Jack! She fell from a—”

“I know.” Despite the efforts of Sawyer and Sayid to patch up her cuts, Jack could tell she needed stitches in a couple of places.

“Kate, I need towels, anything to stop the bleeding, water, and the sewing kit. Now!” Kate ran to gather them.

Hurley was the first person Jack saw. “Hurley, I need you to get some screens up so people can’t see. Hurley went off. He got some help and got some sheets hung up. The crowd was starting to leave. Kate came back with her arms full of the requested supplies.

They worked hard to stop the bleeding. Jack stitched up several wounds including a gash in her head, some deep cuts from the tree branches she fell through, and a couple big wounds in her side and back. When they were finished, Hayley had bandages everywhere. There were patches of blood in the surrounding sand. Kate wiped her down, trying to get the dried blood off her exposed skin. Jack picked up her hand. She had sparkly clear nail polish on, but most of it was worn away. He pressed each fingernail, trying to determine how bad her blood loss was. She was very pale. He inspected the sand too. Sawyer and Sayid had left to get washed up. All of them were bloody.

Jack wiped his face and took in a deep breath. Hayley was now breathing shallowly and her heart was beating normally. Jack sat down on a chair from the plane he had in his tent. He started to think. How was he going to figure out what blood type she was?

“-of course!” He thought. He got up and started rummaging through Hayley’s medical bag. Kate turned around, watching what he was doing. He took out her chart and started reading it.

“O negative,” He said out loud. “Kate, could you go find Charlie?”

Kate didn’t ask why, just got up and went outside. Luckily, he was sitting right outside the door with Hurley waiting for news. “Charlie, Jack needs you.”

Hurley got up and followed Kate and Charlie into the tent.

“Charlie, Hurley, I need you to go ask everyone around camp what blood type they have. Bring me anyone who is O negative.”

“O negative, right.” Charlie said. They both darted out of the tent.

Hayley moaned a little. Jack bolted up to her.

“Hayley.” He said. “Hayley, can you hear me?” He stroked her hair a little. Kate was already on the other side of the bed, holding her hand. Hayley slowly opened her eyes. She blinked a few times, then shifted her head slightly to see Jack better.

“Hi.” She whispered. Jack laughed through tears.

“Hey.” He said. They looked at each other for a moment, then she started crying.

“Hey, hey, shh.” Hayley then started drifting off.

“Hayley. Hayley!” Jack tried to get her back into consciousness, but it was too late.

leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 10: Curiosity May Have Killed The Cat

Jack and Kate were sitting in Jack’s tent. Neither of them said a word. Jack was sitting and thinking. Kate was watching him. All of a sudden, Jack got up and started looking through his bags. Kate sat up.

“What are you looking for?”

“An extra tube.”

“For what?”

“She needs blood.”

“But we don’t have a match. Charlie and Hurley already said they couldn’t find anyone.”

“There is one.”

“Who? You?”

Jack didn’t say anything in response.

“Then why did you send Charlie and Hurley out looking?” Kate asked.

“It's hard to do it on myself.”

Kate didn’t say anything. Jack found a tube and was now looking for a needle.

“What do you need?” Kate asked, wanting to help.

“A needle.”

“The sewing kit,” Kate said. Jack grabbed it.

“Thanks.”

“No problem.” Kate smiled back at Jack.

Jack started a line between Hayley and himself. He sat there looking at Hayley.

“Jack, are you ok?” Kate asked, now worried about him. He looked upset. “Whats wrong Jack?”

“I couldn’t protect her.”

“Jack, its not your fault-"

“Yes it is, Kate. I promised I would protect her, and I couldn’t.”

“Jack.” Kate went up to him and sat next to him and rubbed his back.

“You tried your best. And she is going to get through this. She’s strong.”

“I know.”

They sat like that for a couple hours. Jack was starting to look pale. But it was all worth it to him when they saw Hayley move a little.

She started to open her eyes, blinkng the blurriness away, and looked around. Jack could tell she was aware of where she was. She then noticed Jack and Kate looking at her. Kate wiped her hair out of her face. Hayley closed her eyes and took a deep breath in. Then she opened her eyes again.

“Hayley,” Kate said.

Hayley tried to sit up, but Jack gently held her down.

“Don’t move just yet," Jack said, and then asked, "How do you feel?”

Hayley moaned a bit. She didn’t know why, but words weren’t coming to her. She started to notice that something was wrong. She knew she'd spoken before. But she just couldn’t now. She tried again. And a sound much like a baby would try and make sound before they could talk came out. She looked at Jack.

“Hold on.” He said grabbing his flashlight and examining her eyes. He looked at Kate.

“Whats wrong?” Kate asked.

“She has a concussion. She cant talk.”

“What? Will she ever be able to?” Kate started getting scared.

“Jack.” They heard a crackley voice speak. Jack and Kate turned to Hayley relieved. Kate took a deep breath and Jack looked at Hayley’s eyes again.

“It's not as bad as I thought,” Jack said, trying to sound professional, but obviously relieved.

(Three days later)

Hayley woke up in mid day. She decided to try to sit up again. She hadn’t tried since she'd woken up three days ago. Jack noticed her struggling. He hurried over to her.

“Careful,” he said as he helped her. He noticed she was having some trouble keeping her head up, but he knew the strength would come back to her as she healed.

“Thanks,” Hayley said.

“How do you feel today?” Jack asked.

“Better.” She sighed and looked around. Just then, Sawyer came in. He had been out getting food for her. Hayley didn’t know, but Sawyer had been sitting next to her a lot while she was sleeping. He had been worried about her. He noticed she was sitting up and ran to her.

“Are you ok?” He asked, amazed she was awake and alert.

“Yeah,” Hayley replied. Sawyer detected a hint of laughter in her voice and he was so happy because he knew then that she was ok.

She shifted her legs so they were hanging off the side of the bed and she was sitting up.

“What do you think you're doing?” Sawyer asked.

“I want to see if I can walk,” Hayley said. They both looked at Jack for his approval.

“I guess it's ok. Can you move? I mean-"

“Yeah, I know what you mean,” she cut him off.

“Alright,” Jack said. They watched as Hayley slowly scooted off the bed. She got on her feet and took a few shaky steps, then collapsed. Sawyer and Jack imidiately dove to catch her and pulled her back to her feet.

“Sorry,” she said.

“It's ok. Why don’t you lie down a while?” Sawyer suggested.

“No, I want to go on a walk," Haley insisted.

“But you can barely do the one thing you need to do for going on a walk.”

“What's that?”

“Walk.”

Hayley looked at Jack.

“It's alright with me if she wants to try.” Jack said.

She stood up strait and walked shakily out of the tent. Once she got outside, she fell again, but Sawyer was there, so she just fell into him. They walked on like this, a few steps, then a fall, a few more, then a fall. Sawyer tried to hold onto her, but most of the time she shrugged him off. They went into the jungle, but Sawyer was sure not to go far.

Hayley fell again, but this time all the way to the ground.

“Ow,” She said.

“You alright?”

“Yeah, I just scraped myself on this-" but she stopped.

She saw a piece of silver sticking out of the ground. She started digging it up.

“Leave it, its probably just tin foil,” Sawyer said, but Hayley could tell it was something bigger than that.

“No.” She started digging more. She didn’t know about the hatch they found the other day when she was recovering. Sawyer decided not to say anything. She got farther and could tell that the tinfoil was wrapping something larger. She dug more.

She wiped away the dirt on top and pulled out this box wrapped in tin foil. She unwrapped it and looked at it. She was amazed. It was a deep brown wooden box with detailed designs around it all covered with engraved words, though she could not make it out, for it was in a different language.

"No, wait," she thought as she looked back at the box. It was English! She decided she would read it later. She wanted to see what was inside.

She unlatched the small hooked clasp and opened it.

leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 11: Shake, Rattle, and Roll

Sawyer watched her from behind and then sat down next to her. He saw the excitement on her face as she opened this mysterious box. She looked inside and saw a dark purple velvet lining. The box looked empty.

"Someone must have found it and took whatever was inside," Sawyer said.

Hayley couldn’t believe it. She felt along the lining, and to her surprise, she felt a little button. She pressed it. When she did, the bottom of the seemingly empty box opened. Now Sawyer was interested.

Hayley pulled a necklace from the secret compartment. It was a silver chain with a charm. The charm was in the shape of a silver star and in the middle, it looked like there was a bubble with a diamond in the center, or at least, that’s what Hayley thought it was. There was also something that looked like tiny rivers flowing from the bubble to each point of the star. It was beautiful.

"Will you please help me put it on?" Hayley asked Sawyer.

"Sure,” he said and reached around to clasp it on her.

When she put it on, she noticed it light up for a moment, but she figured it was just the sunlight gleaming off the diamond.

Hayley got up, but started getting dizzy again and fell to her knees.

"Hayley?" Sawyer asked, concerned.

Hayley blinked the darkness that had come into her eyes away. "Yeah,” she said getting up again.

"Lets go back,” Sawyer suggested.

"Yeah,” she said, grabbing the box and getting up again.

They walked out of the jungle and passed Michael, who was building a raft to get off the island.

"Will you hold this for me please?" she asked Sawyer, handing him the box.

"Sure,” he said and she ran off to play with Vincent. Sawyer watched as Vincent and Hayley ran to each other. Hayley bent down to pet him and Vincent nuzzled against her leg.

Hayley slowly looked up. The blackness from earlier slowly crept into her eyes and she fell to her knees again. Vincent barked. She saw Sawyer running to her in her peripheral vision. Jack and Kate came running from in front. Jack got there first. He fell to his knees in front of her and she collapsed into his shoulder and began to shake. Jack quickly laid her onto her back.

"Oh, God," he thought. She was seizing. He rolled her onto her side. "Hayley! Hayley! It’s okay. I’m here. Hayley! Come on back." He could tell she wasn’t in a deep seizure, and that she could understand him. If she could hear him, she could fight it.

"Hayley. Come on back to us. It’s going to be alright," he said soothingly. "Kate!” he called, “Get me some water! And a cloth!" Kate nodded and quickly ran off to fetch the supplies.

Slowly, Hayley stopped shaking.

"That’s it. Good girl. It’s ok." Hayley slowly regained control of her body and Kate came back with the water and cloth. Jack dabbed Haley's face. She was in a cold sweat and crying.

"Shhh. It’s ok. You’re ok. Shhh. That’s it."

Hayley slowly opened her eyes and everything came back into focus. She was glad to see Jack and she reached for him. He picked her up and cradled her. They sat there like that until she calmed down. She was breathing heavily and she rolled over to her side and threw up.

(one hour later)

Hayley sat back on the infamous bed in Jack's tent. Jack was checking her eyes for what seemed to be the fiftieth time, but she didn’t say anything. She hadn’t spoken at all since the seizure.

Jack had something on his mind and he was a little tentative to say, but he knew he had to say it.

"Hayley, what happened the day you fell off the cliff?"

"Jack!" Kate spoke up. She was sitting quietly watching in the corner until now. "I thought we talked about this. We said,-"

"I know what was said, Kate, but I have to know. Her health may be in danger. If this is what I think it is then,-"

"Then it just means I’m getting worse and I’m gonna,-" Hayley cut in.

Jack and Kate both looked at her at the same time. Hayley got up from the table and walked out of the tent.

"Hayley-"

"That’s not what we meant."

"I know," Hayley said, sitting down. She dug her bare feet into the warm sand.

Jack and Kate followed and sat down next to her.

"I saw my friend," she said finally.

"Was your friend on the plane?"

"No. He,” she hesitated, “died. About six months ago. We were walking along the lake back home, there were these great big rocks that we always climbed on top of. We would play by those rocks all the time. He was climbing on the ones closest to the water. I warned him not to be down there. He must of stepped on a slippery one, because he slipped and hit his head and fell into the water. I jumped in after him." Tears were leaking down her face as she recalled one of the worst days in her life.

"I tried. I really did." Her voice trailed off and Kate rubbed her back. "I saw him the day I took my fall. I followed him through the jungle. I know I shouldn’t have, but he was there! But then..., he was gone. He was normal one second, and bloody the next. Then he jumped off the cliff. That’s when I fell."

Jack and Kate exchanged glances.

"I don’t feel good," Hayley said.

"It’s probably the aftereffects of your seizure. You should lie down,” Jack said.

"Yeah,” Kate agreed.

They both helped Hayley to her tent. She fell asleep as soon as her head touched the pillow and Jack and Kate stepped outside her tent.

"What do you think?" Kate asked, worried as they walked back to Jack's tent.

"I think-" Jack’s voice trailed off. “We need to start praying,” he finished.

leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 12: Dances Of Emotions

That night Hayley had a dream. She was being dragged by Jack’s legs. They had to get to the end of the obsticals to get off the island. They were the only ones behind. Everyone else had gotten further.

“Hayley, we cant get there in time with me dragging you. You have to try yourself.” Hayley reluctantly let go. They were at the edge of a deep swamp. It looked gross and desgusting and thick, it would be hard to get through. Jack walked through like it was water. Hayley started to go. It was so thick it took all her might to get through.
“Come on Hayley! You can do it!” She heard Jack yell from the end. She started to cry. Floating in the river was her mother and father holding hands. They floated away. then came her friend, then her cat. She looked to the other side of her. There was her cancer, and all the medical equiptment. Then she saw Jack, Sawyer, and Kate emerge from the fog up ahead. She trudged through with all her might. She needed to get to them.’I can do it. I can do it.’ She said to herself over and over. ‘I can do it. I can do it.’ She started to say out loud. She Gradually got louder and she got farther along. She was almost there! With her last will of strength she pushed as hard as she could to get through the muck. She fell into soft sand.
“Come on!” Kate yelled, and she grabbed her hand, Jack took the other side and they ran through the jungle. Then suddenly, they all crashed into glass. They felt the huge wall of glas that covered everything. Hayley looked up. Her dream vision slowly zoomed out. She was stuck in what appeard to be like a bubble of some sort. Then once the zooming got further out, she realized, they were in the bubble in the middle of her new necklace. Trapped.

Hayley jolted awake. She sat up and looked around. She was breathing heavily.
She stepped outside her tent. She looked up at the sky. She figured it was the middle of the day because the sun was was high in the sky.
She decided to sit in the warm sand. She took her shoes off and stared out into the ocean.
The ocean was an entrancing thing to look at. You will never see the same image again, even if you look at the same spot, for it never stops moving. Sort of like Hayley’s thoughts at that moment. She could think of simaler things, but never the exact same because her thoughts kept turning and twisting like the tide. And as the ocean is filled with water, Hayley was practacly drowning in all her thoughts.

Jack noticed her sitting there. He then started to look around. He had an idea.
Then he spoted what he was looking for. He saw John Locke sitting by himself in the distance. Jack figured that Lokce could be a good person to talk to, for he seemed the type that was good at sorting things out.

“Locke!” Jack called as he got closer to him. Locke turned at the call of his name.
“Well, hello Jack! To what do I owe this pleasant surprise?” Jack laughed.
“I was hopeing you could do me a favor.”
Jack told Locke about Hayley and everything that was going on with her.
“Why are you telling me this?” Locke finaly asked when Jack was done explaining.
“She’s been down. Shes confused and sad and I think she needs someone to talk to. You seem the perfect person. Will you help me? Please?”
Locke looked over to Hayley, then back at Jack.
“Sure. I can help.” He smiled at Jack. Jack smiled back.

Hayley took a deep breath in as she watched another countless wave wash upon shore and vanish back into the ocean again.
“Hello Hayley.” The man she knew as Locke said when he walked up next to her.
“Mind if I sit?” Hayley shook her head indicating she didn’t mind. He sat down next to her and took a deep breath in.
“The ocean is beautiful.”
“Yes, it is.” Hayley tilted her head to the side and looked at Locke.
“I always liked the way the sunlight shined off the water.” Hayley looked back to notice what he was saying.
Locke looked at her.
“How are you?” Hayley looked down at the sand and she started to play with it. She didn’t answer. Locke knew she didn’t want to lie, but she didn’t want to admit she was doing bad eather.
“Do you want to know a secret?” Locke remembered what it was like to be eleven with no parents. He was a foster kid himself. But he remembered he always loved a good secret, because he felt responcible not to tell anyone, but also because he knew something others didn’t.
“You and me, we’re more alike than you think.” Hayley looked at him. She was wondering how she could be similar to an old man.
“Before we crashed, I was in a wheelchair for four years. I always thought that I was a berdon to everyone else. I would try and I would pray for a mirical, for something to happen so it would all go away, all my worries and troubles and everything. I was in that wheelchair when I got onto the plane. And now, I can walk. It’s a mirical. Now, If I were to ask Jack, he would probably say that I hit my back in a certain way so feeling could come back again. Now, I don’t think that’s what happened. I know its this island. It did something for me, and I bet it can do something for you.”
“But, Locke, its just a piece of land. It cant do anything.”
“Maybe. But maybe, just maybe, if you believe something can happen, it might. unleash your imagination. You just have to imagine in it hard enough, and believe in it long enough. That’s what I think.”

Locke and Hayley sat there for a while, looking out into the ocean. Hayley liked his company. It got later and Locke decided she needed some time alone. But before he left he said
“Anytime you need to talk, im always here.” And he left.

“Locke!” Jack saw him passing.
“What did you say to Hayley?”
“I gave her hope.”

It was about dinner time. Hayley was thinking about what Locke said earlier.
"He's right. Its time to have some fun." Hayley looked around. She saw there were some luggage in the comunity tent the group built of things to share. Hayley went in. She knew there were left-over clothing in some of the bags. She went through them. "Perfect!" she thought.

Kate came out of her tent she started to go to the watter bin. She looked up and started cracking up. She quickly covered her mouth to not disterb what she was looking at. She ran to Jack's tent.
"Jack you have to see this!"
"What is it?"
"Its hilarious is what it is."
Kate led Jack to where it was. Jack started to laugh too. There was Hayley dancing with her imagination (air). She was in a red sparkly dress that was way to big on her, she had bright red lipstick on, though it was off in some arias, bright blue eyeshadow messily applied over her eyes and deep red cheeks from blush. Her hair was in messy pigtailes, flowing about in the light wind. Jack and Kate were watching this when Sawyer walked up to them.
“What are you two looking at?”
“Hayley.” Kate answered. Sawyer looked over and laughed too.
“Jack, why don’t you go dance with her?”
“Kate, im not much of a dancer.”
“well then, how about you Sawyer?” Kate looked at him, and he looked back.
“Fine.” He said.

Sawyer walked up to Hayley. Hayley noticed he was there, she turned to him and he, without saying anything, bowed. Hayley giggled and curtsied. Sawyer took her hands and started dancing with her.
“You look beautiful. Did you do the makeup yourself?” hayley giggled.
“Yes.”
“Did you have a mirror?”
“No.”
“Well, I bet its hard to put makeup on without a mirror.”
“It doesn’t matter what I look like, its fun to wear.”
They danced a little longer. A small crowd started to gather. When Sawyer noticed he stoped. He bowed to her again, she curtsied. Everyone started clapping.
“Thank you for this dance madam.” Sawyer said quietly.
“hehe. Thank you.”
Hayley was back.

leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 13: Word Search

Hayley woke up with a jolt. Someone was gently waking her up. She looked around. She saw Jack.

“Come one Hayley, Its time for your chemo treatment.” Jack said. Hayley groaned.

“But it’s the middle of the night.” She said, not actually sure what time it was. Jack laughed.

“No its not. Its 10:30 am.”

“Well, how often do I have to get this?” She said, still not wanting to get up.

“three to four times a week, depending how your week goes.” Hayley groaned again.

“Come on, You can sleep when you get there.”

Jack helped her up. Hayley was a little wobbly. She wasn’t very coordinated when she was tired. They went to Jack’s tent. Hayley sat on the bed and laid down. She barely noticed as Jack hooked the medicine up to her port in her arm. She fell asleep.

Hayley woke up an hour later, much more refreshed then before. No one was in the tent. She sat up and looked around. She saw Claire playing with her newborn baby. Charlie was sitting next to her. Hayley decided to go over to them. She hadn’t really talked to them before, but they seemed nice to go up to. Hayley picked up her pole, it didn’t roll easily in the sand. It was heavy to carry, but she managed. She walked over to their tent.

“Hello.” Hayley said.

“Hello Hayley.” Claire said smiling.

“Hello.” Charlie echoed.

“How are you today?” Claire asked.

“Good, you?”

Hayley sat down. She looked at the baby.

“Have you named him yet?” Hayley asked.

“Yeah, Aaron.”

“that’s a pretty name. He’s so cute.” Hayley said looking a little closer, smiling.

Claire looked at Hayley.

“Would you like to hold him?”

“Really?! Yes, please!” Hayley said excited. Claire got up and set Aaron in Hayley’s lap.

“Make sure you hold his head up. He cant control his head so he would hurt his neck if his head fell back.”

“Why cant he control it? Is thee something wrong with him?” Hayley asked concerned.

“No, babies necks aren’t strong enough when they’re borne to hold their head up. As they get older he will be able to.”

“oh.” Hayley looked at Aaron and giggled as he took her finger in his small hands.

“did you know the human head weighs eight pounds?” Hayley said.

“No, I didn’t. that’s a cool fact. Where did you learn that?”

“I don’t know. I like facts.” Hayley giggled as Aaron then tried to suck on her finger and let out a baby giggle.

“Aww.” Hayley said.

“I think he likes you.” Claire said. Hayley looked at her.

“really?!”

“mhm.”

“I like him too.”

They heard a commotion over by where Michael was building the second raft. The first one was set on fire a couple days ago. Michael was pretty far along. They went over to see what was going on.

“You Have to launch now.” They heard someone say.

“What’s going on?” Hayley asked Kate who was standing by a tree watching.

“Mr. Arzt says they need to launch the raft now because the hurricane season will be coming soon.”

“Oh.”

“Alright, alright. We’ll do it soon.” Michael said calming down Mr. Arzt. Hayley turned to Kate.

“Kate, who’s going on the raft?”

“Michael, Walt, Jin, and Sawyer.” Hayley was surprised when she mentioned Sawyer.

Hayley went over to Sawyers tent. He was sitting outside reading. Hayley plopped down next to him.

“Hi Sawyer.”

“Hello Lilly.”

“Whose Lilly?”

“You are.” Sawyer looked at her confused face.” Gosh, do I need to explain everything to you?” He put down his book.

“Little Ley said fast is Lilly. And your as pretty as a Lilly.” Hayley giggled at his last comment. He loved to hear her laugh. She had such a contagious giggle that you couldn’t help but laugh with.

“Sawyer.”

“Yeah?”

“Why,” She took a deep breath. “Why are you going on the raft?” Sawyer looked at her, fishing for a good answer.

“I have to get off this island.” He said.

“I’ll miss you.” Hayley looked down at the sand.

“Ill miss you too, sweetie.” They hugged, then sat in silence for a few minutes. Hayley never liked silence.

“Well, ill see you later.” She said getting up.

“See yah.” Sawyer replied.

Hayley was sitting eating some fruit by Jack’s tent. Jack was sitting next to her, waiting for the last but of the bag of medicine to drip into her I.V. then he took it out. Hayley sat there drawing in the sand. She saw people running to where the raft was. She watched wondering what was going on, but she didn’t get up from her spot. But then she noticed everyone was gathering around Kate. Hayley went over there as quick as she could.

“Kate was the one with the marshal. She was the one with the handcuffs. Hayley couldn’t see who said that, but it sounded like Sawyer. She was blocked out by the other people gathered around.

“What did Kate do?” She thought to herself. She didn’t hear the rest of what was said. Everyone gathered to leave. Hayley just stood there, watching Kate on her knees, crying in the sand. Hayley started to walk over to her, but Sawyer grabbed her arm and dragged her away.

“Sawyer, what happened?” Hayley asked.

“Kate was the one the marshal on the plain was bringing to jail.”

“But, how do you know? What did she do?”

“Hayley, Just listen to me.” Sawyer was agitated. Hayley wiggled from his grip and took off. She knew Jack would know.

Hayley started asking around.

“Have you seen Jack?” But the answer was always no, until she asked Charlie.

“I saw him go into the jungle, that way.”

“Thanks!” She took off into the jungle. She walked for a bit, then heard voices. She made her way through some brush, then she saw something she didn’t expect at all. Well, she didn’t see it, but rather almost walked into it.

“Hayley!” Jack jumped up before she stepped into the deep ditch reveling a huge hatch.

“What is?-“ she didn’t even finish her sentence.

“What do you need Hayley.” Jack asked, obviously preoccupied.

“Never mind.” Hayley mumbled. She couldn’t stop staring at the big thing. Sayid noticed something was bothering her.

“Hayley, what is it?” Sayid said in a soft tone so Hayley wouldn’t feel threatened. She turned to him.

“Sawyer told everybody, its, Did Kate?” Hayley took a deep breath. Jack looked up at the mention of Kate.

“Was she going to jail with the police guy? What-?” Hayley cut away.

“What did she do?” Sayid knew nothing of this. He looked at Jack. Locke was kneeling, observing everything that was happening.

“Hayley, sometimes people,” Jack didn’t know what to say. How do you tell a child one of their best friends, a person who is mother-like to her, how do you tell them that they murdered someone. Even Jack didn’t know the whole story behind it. Hayley was looking at Jack. She took a deep breath in and without saying anything, she just walked away.

“Jack, she’s a smart girl, I’m sure you could tell her what happened.” Locke said, trying to help Jack find his words.

“By the way, what did happen?” Sayid had no clue what was going on, and he could tell Locke didn’t either. Jack explained to them about Kate. “How am I going to tell Hayley” He thought.

leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 14: Out to Launch

Hayley walked out of the jungle and decided to go to her tent. She wasn’t feeling well and she didn’t know what to do. Everyone seemed busy. She sat down outside her tent. She watched the ocean gently dance under the glittering sun which for some reason seemed dimmer than usual. Maybe she was just tired she thought. She laid down in the warm sand and fell asleep.

The next day she woke up to Vincent licking her face.

“What is it Vincent?” The dog indicated to follow him, so she did. The sun was high over head and the raft was getting ready to launch. Vincent ran off to Walt. Hayley stood there watching.

“Hayley. Oi, Hayley.” She looked around. It was Charlie.

“We’re writing messages for our family back home for the rafters to take with them. Would you like to leave a message?”

‘After the beep.’ She thought. God she missed technology.

“Hayley?”

“I have no one to write to.” Charlie realized what she meant, then gave her a look that Hayley supposed was to mean ‘I’m sorry’, but seemed more ‘I’m pitying you’ to her. He patted her on the back and walked off.

Hayley saw Walt coming over to her.

“Good bye Walt.”

“Good bye Hayley.” They gave each other an awkward hug, then pulled away from each other.

“Hayley, I want you to have Vincent.”

“What?”

“Dad says I cant take him, Vincent loves you, and I’ve watched how Vincent makes you feel better…”

Hayley smiled at him.

“I’ve always wanted a dog.” Walt smiled and this time, they gave each other a real hug.

Then Walt went to say goodbye to someone else and Hayley spotted Sawyer. He was putting something on the raft and his back was to her. She tugged his shirt like a baby tugs its mothers pant leg when it wants to be picked up. Sawyer turned. They didn’t say anything, just looked at each other, then Hayley wrapped her arms around his stomach and Sawyer embraced her back.

“Take care of yourself.” Sawyer whispered to her.

“Yeah, you too.” Hayley wanted to say something better, but that was all that would come out. They sat there like that for a few minutes until they heard Michael yell “Alright everyone! Places! Lets get this raft sailin’.”

Sawyer and Hayley let go of each other and Sawyer turned to go to his station. Hayley made a move to help when she felt a hand on her shoulder stop her. She looked up and she saw Jack. She looked into his eyes and she knew what he was thinking and that there was no point arguing. She sighed deeply so Jack would hear, then turned and sat under the tree that was close by. Vincent came and sat next to her. He put his head in her lap and she petted him so that he would know she was upset too.

The raft was ready to go. Everyone was set in a position.

The group got the raft going but all of a sudden, they heard a loud crack followed by bang, whoosh, snap, “Ahh!”, and “DAMN IT!” Which Hayley knew came from Michael.

The mast had broken and came crashing down as they were trying to get the raft in the water. Everyone started yelling at each other saying it was each other’s fault.

Hayley was watching when she noticed something move out of the corner of her eye. She looked and a chill went down her back as she realized a stranger was watching them as well. Hayley bolted up and ran to Jack.

“Jack! Who’s that?!” Jack looked round.

“Its ok. She lives on this island.”

“But I thought-“

“-Its just her. No one else.” Jack answered her question before she even got a chance to ask. Jack walked over to Danielle. Sayid and Locke walked over too. Jack said something but they were too far for Hayley to hear, then they took off into the woods. Hayley watched as Hurley decided to go in after them after a few moments of their departure. Hayley turned around to see Sawyer watching too. Michael had started to fix up the raft.

It didn’t take long for the mast to be fixed. Sawyer, Michael and Jin did most of the work. Jack, Locke, Sayid, Hurley and the French lady had come back already, but Jack was packing to take off again.

Hayley walked over to Jack.

“Going somewhere?” Jack looked up.

“We’re just going to do some work in the jungle.” Jack looked up again this time, Hayley and him looked each other in the eyes and she figured what they were going to try and do. Jack looked back down at what he was doing. Hayley watched him. After a few moments she stood back up.

“Just don’t blow yourself up.” Jack snapped his head up. “What?” He thought as she walked off.

It was time to launch the raft again. There seemed to be a lot of tension between everyone. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath, hoping they wouldn’t need to literally when the raft got going (like it was to sink or something). Hayley watched as the French lady, Danielle led the group off to the jungle. Hayley ran after them.

“Jack!” Jack turned around in time to catch Hayley from running into him. She gave him a hug, then went right to Kate and hugged her too.

“Be careful.” She whispered to her. “I don’t care what happened before, just don’t let anything happen now.” As Kate hugged Hayley back, she felt a tear to her eye, but it never fell. Kate was worried earlier that Hayley was scared of her. She was glad she wasn’t. Hayley broke away from Kate and gave the group a wave, then ran off as Vincent came up to her. They ran off together to say goodbye to the rafters.

Everyone got to their positions again and when the signal came, they pushed the raft, this time, all the way into the water. Michael, Walt, Jin, and Sawyer climbed on as it pushed against the waves. Vincent ran in after Walt. But Walt waved for him to go back. Shannon went into the water to get Vincent out. Everyone cheered and waved as the raft went on. Then when the sail unlatched and started working everyone go excited. “This might actually work” is what people were thinking and a new flame of hope was ignited in everyone. Hayley stood there as she watched the raft go farther and farther until it was out of sight.

(Later that evening).

The sun wars far gone. Everyone was sitting around fires scattered along camp. It was late at night, Hayley couldn’t sleep. She was thirsty and her water bottle was empty. Hayley went to the filling pool. She dipped her water bottle in the cold water. She heard something rustle in the forest. Hayley looked up. She thought she saw someone waving at her. She looked again. It was too dark to see who it was, but there was definitely someone wanting her to follow them. She figured it was someone from camp, so she followed. They went deeper into the jungle. After a while she came to a clearing. All of a sudden, Hayley heard a yell. She turned around and all she knew was a sudden burst of immense heat followed by a loud sound that seemed to deafen her followed by screams.

leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 15: Hanging By A Moment

“Who was that?!” Kate yelled. Jack’s heart seemed to skip a beat. “Don’t blow yourself up.”-the words Hayley said were rolling over and over in his head. He had an idea of who it was. Everything had happened in a split second. Jack had tackled Hurley to the ground to stop him from blowing up when the person appeared and Jack didn’t even have time to get up from Hurley. But now he had. He bolted up over to the heap laying on the ground in a tangle. He kneeled down and rolled the person over onto their back. Kate and Locke ran over to where Jack was. Hurley sat where he was, starring at the now open hatch. Jack’s heart seemed to now stop as his fears had been confirmed. It was Hayley. Jack couldn’t make out her injuries in the darkness, but she was clearly shaking.

“We gotta get her back to camp.” Jack said as he scooped her up and ran her into the jungle back at camp. Kate and Locke exchanged glances, then they looked at Hurley.

“I told you guys not to open it.” Hurley said, not taking his eyes off the hatch.

Jack ran through the woods. His heart was pounding as he hoped hers was too. He came to the clearing which led to camp.

Sun was sitting by the edge of the woods.

“Jack!” Sun saw the figure of Hayley in his arms. “What happened?!” She followed him. Jack got to his tent and put her on the sick bed. Jack went to grab his flashlight.

“I cant see. Theres not enough light.” He told sun, she went off to get some more light. She came back with Charlie and Sayid each holding a big torch. They set them into the sand around the bed.

“What happened?” Sayid asked.

“We blew open the hatch, she just came out of the jungle and was too close when the fuse got to the end and exploded..” Jack said distractedly.

“I heard it.” Sayid looked at Hayley. “Jack why is she shaking?” Jack looked at her. He opened her left eyelid and shined his flashlight into her eye. Then he examined the other.

“She’s, she’s having a seizure!” He was shocked. He knew there was nothing he could do about that, he would have to wait until it was over to even try to wake her up. It wasn’t a bad seizure anyway. She wasn’t flailing about or anything, just shaking a bit. He went and examined her burns. She wasn’t that bad. There was a few cuts across her face and hands, and some first and second degree burns scattered around the cuts. Jack was kind of surprised there weren’t more serious injuries. Though he noticed some of her hair was burnt. Jack looked around.

“Where’s Kate and Locke?” Sayid and Charlie looked around too.

“Would you like me to go find them?” Sun offered.

“No, no, its ok.”

“Would you like some water for her cuts then?” sun asked.

“Yeah, yeah, that’d be great.” Sun went off. Sayid was standing there with his arms crossed.

“Did you go into the hatch?” Sayid asked.

“What?” Jack looked up. ”No, I brought Hayley right here. Though I bet Locke is in there now.” Jack realized he should have had them come with him, so they wouldn’t go in the hatch. They should wait ‘till morning. Jack was looking off into the jungle when he heard a gasp for air. He looked down. Hayley had stopped shaking and her eyes were wide open. She was crying.

“Shhh. Hayley, Hayley, its ok.”

“Ow.” Hayley cried.

“I know it hurts.” Jack said, trying to comfort her. Sayid and Charlie moved in closer.

“No, that’s not what hurts.”

“Hayley, you had a seizure.” Jack said softly.

“I know. It hurt. That’s what hurt. I could hear everything. I could hear you talking, and I tried to fight it, but it hurt so much. I couldn’t wake up. I could hear you. I couldn’t wake up. And it hurt.” Hayley said all of that in a whispery voice, cracked in between by little sobs.

“Shhh. Hayley, its ok. You’re ok now.”

Hayley looked around. She tried to sit up but fell back down. Jack put his hand on her shoulder. She reached for it and held onto his two first fingers. Her hands were too small to fit around his whole hand, but he grasped hers. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

When Hayley woke up, it was light out. Hayley sat up. She was dizzy, but she didn’t care. No one was around. She moved to get out of bed, but she fell out instead. She looked around and found her crutches. She scooted over to them and used them to stand up. She made her way out of the tent. The sun was bright to her eyes. She remember more of what happened last night. There was an explosion. She remembered. That’s all she saw. She looked around. She spotted Charlie walking along the beach.

“Charlie!” She yelled, but her voice was hoarse. Charlie looked over.

“Hayley, your up. How are you feeling?"

"Fine, do you know where Jack and Kate are?"

“They went into the hatch.”

“Thanks.”

Luckily for Hayley, she already knew where it was.

Hayley made her way through the jungle and came to where the hatch had been blown open. She looked down. She couldn’t see very far down, but she figured it must not be that far down, and there was a ladder. She threw her crutches down and started to climb down slowly herself. It was hard and she had to use mostly arm strength to make it down. She moved her right foot down and noticed there was no next step, but it was too late. Her other leg went down and her hands slipped down a little. She screamed. She caught herself on one of the bars and persisted on hanging there. There was nothing she could do, with her legs barely working and her hands clutching the bar for dear life. She heard rustling below. Far below. That was a shock, there was still quite a bit to go. She looked down. She saw a flashlight beaming at her.

“Hayley!” She recognized Jack’s voice. “Hayley! Just hold on!” Jack said. There was still quite a bit to go. Hayley looked down. There were 2 other people with Jack. Hayley couldn’t tell who they were. She knew they were discussing what to do. Then the bar Hayley was holding onto shifted a bit and Hayley screamed again. Hayley could tell that the rusty old ladder was waiting until the perfect time to snap on her.

“Okay Hayley, just let go and we’ll catch you.” Jack finally yelled the plan.

“What?!”

“Trust me. We’ll catch you.” Hayley took a deep breath.

“Now, on the count of three. One, two, three!” Hayley let go and screamed. She felt like she was falling forever until she landed in soft arms. She took a deep breath in, then a sigh of relief as she noticed she was looking up into jack’s face.

“You know there’s a door.” Jack said, half amused. Hayley grinned back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: