Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio Request Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Audio Request Thread Reply with quote

I suppose this can be a thread for audio requests, but I only started it for one thing that I needed, cuz I wasn't sure where to put it.

Anyway, the whole clip is fine too, but what I really really need, is the audio of someone saying (doesn't really matter where it comes from. A movie, Law and Order, CSI, whatev) 'we find the defendant not guilty' or something very similar. It would be even better if it says 'of/on the charge of murder' again something similar is fine as well. I need this for my newest trailer that I'm working on, and will need it early on. Thanks!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Audio Request Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I can't help with that... I'd of thought that Law or Order would have audio like that.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a clip of a woman saying "You're too late" or "You were right". It'd be ace if it sounded like Kate but no matter if it doesn't.
I also need Jack saying something along the lines of "She's in danger" or "He's hurting her" or something like that.
If anyone can remember any clips from Lost with similar audio, that would be lovely but it doesn't really matter what show or movie it's from. I really need them for my video.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.
x
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You're too late"

In one of the early episodes of The O.C. Marrissa says that to Ryan I think. It's season one and an early episode of it. Do you watch The OC? If so you would probably be able to understand what I'm talking about. x\ I have the DVD if not but I don't know if I'd be able to get it for you.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassy there's an ep of Charmed when Phoebe is called in for jury duty that might have what you want. i can rip it if you need it but here's the transcript

http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/charmed/season4/charmed-411.htm

hit ctrl+F and search for guilty or whatever your after and let me know if you want any of it

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, tho I really need 'not guilty'. But it's not hugely needed anymore. I haven't even touched that one for a while.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, no worries. there is a not guilty in there a couple of times just let me know if you need it in the future

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...sorry. xD I just looked at the first guilty I found. *smacks forehead* Yeah, sure, get me that scene. xD
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll grab it for you tonight

Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: One more thing.. Reply with quote

You know, it's only since I started thinking about all the extra audio clips I need that I realised just how hard this AU video is gonna be. Oh well. I'm no quitter! Soooo...
I could also really do with an audio clip (from anything) where a man (preferably one who sounds like Jack but that doesn't really matter) says something along the lines of "She needs me!" and/or "She's in danger". Anything along those lines would do really.
I'd really really appreciate it, even if you could just point me in the right direction.
Thanks x
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about manipping audio? Me and Kat do it all the time. Take bits of different conversations of Jack's and put them together so it sounds like what you want it to say. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes it easy, but just mess around with it if you haven't already. Believe it or not, it can sound quite natural. In my Kate/Norrington/Jate trailer, I did that a little bit, as well as in a few other vids.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already done a little bit of that for the first bit of my video.
But it's hard to find the words I need being said in the right tone of voice. I can find the words but it's hard to make them match up. I'm gonna go kinda random and possibly just starting using Limewire to download random stuff (trailers etc) to see if i can find anything useful. Someone, somewhere in the world must have said these words at least once!
Captain Freya
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear god! Sooo very many audio requests...

I've been trying to manipulate some audio but i don't think I've got the knack for it cause it cause it sounded dumb. Through the wonder of illegal downloading I've got "You're too late" which I'm taking as a big acheivment,
HOWEVER
I now need like, a dial tone or the sound of a phone being hung up or something. This seems like something you'd think would be easy to find.. but no!

Also, a woman whispering/crying/sobbing/ quietly saying the words "Help me" would be so shockingly brilliant cause I've been trying to find that for like a week and I seem to be losing the will to live.

As always, any help or pointers in the right direction(s) would be greatly appreciated..
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
now need like, a dial tone or the sound of a phone being hung up or something. This seems like something you'd think would be easy to find.. but no!

This might sound lame but in the remix of Madonna's Hung Up song there is a perfect dial tone that I think may work! I forget which one it is but it's definately one of the remixes!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try browsing free sound effects sites, there are lots of things like that. Maybe you can even find a woman sobbing, tho I'm not sure the 'help me' woudl be in there.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers.. I did suddenly think of that Madonna song but couldn't find a copy of the full song. I ended up downloading a shockingly sexist crappy rap song which had a dial tone in it. I now doing a "Help me" search in trailers. Thanks for the tips.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: