Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Lonely - Kaire" by littleton_pace
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: "Lonely - Kaire" by littleton_pace Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Lonely - Kaire" 09-06-2007

"I know that this world as changed us. Now we're nothing more than strangers."

Kate and Claire were together on the island but broke up. After being rescued, Kate married Kevin but cant get Claire out of her mind. When Kate hears Claires mother is ill she goes to see her to find out if Claire still thinks about what they had.

Thanks also to Kate and Becca for their photoshopping skills

And in case you're wondering, regarding the note. Carol is Claire's mother and Lindsey is her Aunt, both present in Par Avion

Song: Lonely by Shannon Noll
Vidder: littleton_pace
Length: 4:49 (33.3MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s):
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DiVioueiUwo
http://www.zshare.net/video/35186733ccff55/

SPOILER! DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING OF THE VID. but please read after you've watched
Spoiler:

Ok, thought I'd put this here in case the ending wasn't clear. Ais got is so figure its okay but just in case. The thought behind it was that its seemingly told from Kate's POV, her missing Claire and what they had on the island. When Kate goes to see Claire and asks her if she feels the same, Claire says she doesn't but she's lying; she misses Kate, too. And it goes to Claire's POV, which is just the same as Kate's, she misses her. But she's already told Kate she doesn't feel the same and Kate leaves, leaving a heartbroken Claire. That's what I hope you got from it, if you did, please let me know if you got another story from it; I'd love to here what it is

Last edited by littleton_pace on Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:45 am; edited 4 times in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the AU, especially the scenes of Kate going to see Claire's mom!

Spoiler:

And I loved how you showed Kate thinking about Claire, then showed us at the end that Claire was still thinking about Kate! And I just think that right after the end of the vid, Kate came back and it was a happy ending!

Uh, wait a minute, what am I SAYING?

And yay, you took my suggestion about cutting from the letter to Kate!

Great work! Loved it! ♥!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ais. *hugs* And thanks for the suggestion, it was very helpful glad you liked it

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee. So you chose the rainbow icon, eh?

Will watch when I'm not working; gimme a bit. Just had to comment on that.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Lonely - Kaire by littleton_pace Reply with quote

Great job. As I've said ebfore, I'm not really into slash, but I just had to check it out to look at your editing and awesome skillz that you have constantly. You're one of the best vidders I know who uses WMM solely for their vids. Great job, Kat!
Lostaway
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Lonely - Kaire by littleton_pace Reply with quote

I looove Kaire, you did an excellent job with the sort, especially with the flashes of them thinking about each other and the scene in the hospital. Kudos!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassy - Thank you! I tried to use more effects in this one and i appreciate you watching since your not into slash

Carrie - Thank you for the kudos! I looove Kaire too

Last edited by littleton_pace on Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Lonely - Kaire by littleton_pace Reply with quote

Great vid Kat! Not a fan of slash either, but I got very into the story of this vid! The AU, as always, was perfect! And the letter to Kate was so cool!!!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you heather! I'm glad you liked it, even tho ur not a slasher and the letter is thanks to the glorious Becca she did a kick ass job

Last edited by littleton_pace on Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate != Sassy. (At least, unless she's another one.)

Finally had a few moments to watch, heh.

The black-and-white to black-and-beige switches are effective, as is that letter that you had to work on - I would have held it on there for a split second longer, as at midnight, I couldn't read it fast enough - I would have been able to catch it earlier, but speaking as someone who's braindead atm, it was hard to make out without paying close attention. The little audio clips you worked in were effective, as well. The manipulated kisses and such could stand to be a little bit brighter, but that could be a limitation of the footage.

Still trying to wrap my brain around the ship, so I can't comment on that yet - might edit this with thoughts later as far as the story.

As far as the video itself, ship aside, solid work.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, dunno what happened ther. I thought Sassy was you...and then you psoted and i was like, whatre you on about? then i realized. edited and fixed now

thanks for watching. I was iffy about the time that the letter was onscreen but when i watch it, i manage to read it through ok, although i tend to be a fast reader. hopefully wen ur alert it'll be easier to see I know what you mean about the kiss too. that's me in vegas it also looks like a still photo, but its not, its just really slowed down. kate was kissnig too fast then i couldn't get it matched up...yadda, yadda, yadda. I owe Bel for that one, she coached me the whole way through

Thanks again Kate !

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Lonely - Kaire by littleton_pace Reply with quote

Wow! Excellent! As I've said before your AU's are just amazing. This was wonderfully done. Stunning! So very convincing with the Au scenes and love the bit at the end with Claire thinking of Kate with the 'Like me' over it. GOOD JOB!

Edit: I also got everything you wanted people to get from the vid
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww, thanks Jemmz the 'like me' is one of my fave parts too I'm glad it came across and glad you got it thanks hun! *hugs*

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was really sad, Kat... I really liked this, though, and what you had under your spoiler is EXACTLY what I got out of it, so GO YOU! You had some really great AU moments in there, too, so rock on!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww, thank jen!!! I'm glad everyone seems to be understanding it im also oddly happy that you thought it was sad:P that was the point i was getting across, too. a jilted lovers kinda thing. anyhoo, thanks for watching sweetie!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: