Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh...my...gosh!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
There's not much really though we can do to make him/her stop it and take the vids down. You can flag the vids as inappropriate but I reckon that's not really helpful

and even if we did that, there could be a chance OUR vids would be taken down also.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
KajaM wrote:
There's not much really though we can do to make him/her stop it and take the vids down. You can flag the vids as inappropriate but I reckon that's not really helpful

and even if we did that, there could be a chance OUR vids would be taken down also.

Yeah, that's a problem, too.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why my instinct was to avoid commenting, unfortunately.

I can just see some joker sitting there and posting these vids, clicking on our names when we comment, and hitting the 'Report' button, using copyright theft as a rationale.

But then again, I am admittedly a little nervous about these things, having had a video that was up for a year yanked a few weeks ago. (Because taking a Los Lobos song from 1984 is really going to hurt their album sales, apparently.)

(Edit to clarify. Though hell, for all I know, he could report for clip theft from "his" videos.)

Last edited by thefilmchick on Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm always afraid to comment vid stealers. I just blocked the user after I commented so the person couldn't even try to steal my vids. I really have no idea how this person is doing it, even if the person is a member?!

Really Kate? That's horrible, I really hope these people will just stop this...I just don't know what else to tell them. The warnings will probably not help all the way, the comments obviously aren't helping! Creep, still claiming it's their vid!

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm really about to freak out right now. Look at the new message I just got:

Quote:
I may consider removing the videos if you ask me niceley.
Had you tried that yet?

I mean, what the hell?????
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG. That's crap...sorry but it is. We have already tried to reason, and it was a horrible thing to do! Why would we be nice???????

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Ok, I'm really about to freak out right now. Look at the new message I just got:

Quote:
I may consider removing the videos if you ask me niceley.
Had you tried that yet?

I mean, what the hell?????

??????

Yeah, it's just some tool who's sitting there getting a good laugh at vidders' expense.
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:

this person tells me how much she likes it and wants to make one, but promises it will be different. she just wanted to use the song and i was like ok. and this is what she posted:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=moAGToBgwgk

everytime her vid pops up it irritates me. so if anyone wants to let her know of the shocking similarities id love you! what annoyed me the most is that she has skill and other clips, so why the hell steal mine?!

god this is maddening!!!

I saw that vid a few days ago and I was like that seems so familar and then I realized why after I saw your comments on it. That really sucks!

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
*lol*
I cannot believe it, look what message that freak send me (after I wrote to him to stop it and take the vids down):

Quote:
Im very sorry you and your friends cannot converse in a civillised manor but I will not take down videos Ive made when im recieveing so many views and comments.

The "I'm receiving so many views and comments" part shows right there that this idiot knows exactly what they're doing and is doing this JUST to get a reaction out of us! The only way I know to deal with an attention hog is to ignore them (which will drive him/her batty because they're only doing this for the reactions). The fact that they're leaving our comments up (which clearly show that the vids are stolen even if a viewer down the line isn't clued in by all of the different NAMES on all of "his/her" vids) will let people know the vids are stolen. Going back and arguing with them further will only be giving this loser what they want.

*shares cookies with everybody BUT the evil attention hog vid thief* Ooo, now THAT'S a serious burn for you, buddy! Verily, Aislynn hath denied you her cookies!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could all rate the videos really LOW and maybe if they have all one and no star ratings they'll finally get the hint. I'd highly doubt, at this point, if it WASNT someone lurking on LVI, at this point. Gross.

And honestly, I'm not afraid to comment to these jerks. So WHAT if Youtube deletes my videos and closes my account? I don't even LIKE Youtube; I just use it because so many other people are on there. I have all my videos saved onto my computer and the only one I'd lose is the one I never actually finished and never will because, since the time I got going on it, The Ultimate Claire Shipper Video came out and if I finished mine it'd look like a carbone copy only with Shannon. So, really I'm not gonna lose anything. Screw Youtube. And honestly, if the guy just wants views, I'll give him views...but a sh-tastic rating to go along with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I'd like to ban this guy from the site, but I unfortunately don't know his IP. What an absolute asshole though.

This is what we in the internet world call a "Troll".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a waste of this persons time? do the think they're gonna get a nice comment? its a scary thought to think that its a disgruntled LVI member, espeically since then they could be reading this friend and having a crazy laugh about it

and thanks morgan! that other vid is now gone

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
What a waste of this persons time? do the think they're gonna get a nice comment? its a scary thought to think that its a disgruntled LVI member, espeically since then they could be reading this friend and having a crazy laugh about it

Yeah, well, I'm with Jen here. At the moment, I'm quite sure it's a member of the LVI, as much as I dislike this thought. It's just so very suspicious that this jerk has stolen vids from LVI members only and not any vidders who publish there vids at YT only.

Oh, and there's no way I'm going to reply to that idiot's last message. He/she seems to think that I'm going to humiliate myself, huh? THINK AGAIN!!

I cannot believe that this person is 18 already! (At least according to the profile). My little 8-year-old brother is more sensible and mature than him/her!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snaps to you, Karolina

I doubt this person is 18 unless they are deeply disturbed. i reckon its just some kid who thinks its fun. yeah, the fact that its only LVI member vids, and not only that but some of the best on the site, not just random ones from everyone, makes me think its a member of LVI. maybe someone whos got it in for the council? Who knows how these ppl work?! ill just keep insulting good onya for not replying to their messages, how dare they message you? do they think ur an idiot? honestly...

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or has the vids gone now??

Quote:
This user doesn't have any videos at the moment!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: