Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows Vista??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Windows Vista?? Reply with quote

Ok, cause i'm getting either a new laptop or Computer and i really really don't want vista but i'm not having a dell again, the stuff i've been looking at are all vista and i'm just wondering if anyone has vista what's it like?? Because i've heard that vista is very good and that when it first came out there were problems with it.

and what i just really need to know is does vegas run on it? *feels stupid*
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got a new laptop 2 weeks ago, they told me it would be an extra $200 to install Windows XP. Ergo, I have Vista. It's sort of confusing at first, but the learning curve isn't that steep, once you get over all the flashy graphics and whatnot. It's been about as stable as XP - that is to say, a lot more stable than Windows ME.

I don't know how Vegas runs on it though, as I don't have it. Sorry! My advice would definitely be to get a laptop, not a desktop, for portability's sake alone, especially if you're a student.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i have a laptop now but i'm in 2 minds of having another one because me and my brother have one (this is dell make though)

he's had his for a year and broke last night

and i've had mine for 2 years and have been told that a board in it is broke and need to get a new one
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new Vista computer now, and I have Vegas 7 on it. Works great. Have no problems with it whatsoever. (except when I try to drag a song straight from my iTunes library into the timeline...it gets pretty draggy and naughty. I don't know if anyone else would ever do that though.)

I really didn't want to get Vista either, but I was kind of forced to get it anyway. It's not as bad as some people say it is. Works fine for me.

sig by IslandofMystery
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distress Signal wrote:
I have a new Vista computer now, and I have Vegas 7 on it. Works great. Have no problems with it whatsoever. (except when I try to drag a song straight from my iTunes library into the timeline...it gets pretty draggy and naughty. I don't know if anyone else would ever do that though.)

I really didn't want to get Vista either, but I was kind of forced to get it anyway. It's not as bad as some people say it is. Works fine for me.

wow, i cant even attempt to get any itunes song onto my vegas. i always get the cd or request the song...
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually never tried that with my itunes and vegas.

Thanks guys, because i'm in desperate need of a new laptop cause mine is slowiny dying
Harry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy an Apple computer like an iMac or the MacBook... I've had my MacBook for months now and the only time I ever use a Windows computer is when I have to fix my parents' comp. Macs can even run Windows XP or Vista on them now. .... Once you go Mac you never go back

... sorry, Apple FanBoy over here..
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i was told that apple's good

does sony vegas work on there ?

it would help with cause i use itunes alot, but do mp3 files work on there?
Harry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes mp3's work with Macs, the only extension that doesn't really work with Macs are .exe files...and the Vegas thing.. I'm pretty sure if you ran Windows XP/Vista on Boot Camp or Parallels (program for Macs) then it should work. And you can also try out Final Cut as a video editor as well (I have it but never really played around with it yet).
The cool thing about Macs is that in 2005 or whenever... Windows-based computers had over 14 000 viruses on them and Macs had 0.. So that's a nice thing to know as well.
And another thing is iLife (iTunes, iMovie, iPhoto) is another great thing that I love about them too.. iPhoto is great because it works exactly like iTunes but for you pictures... and iMovie is like the Windows Movie Maker for Macs... without the crashing *wink* LOL
Yeah so... they're very fast (and they keep getting faster, and cheaper I might add) and reliable. I have had no problem what-so-ever with my MacBook and I am planning on replacing my PC with a new iMac very soon. Plus, they're very compact (like the iMac is just the monitor... every is built inside of it).
Hope that helps at all. .. Check out the Apple site for more info about it if ya want. Here.
Izzy94
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry wrote:
Buy an Apple computer like an iMac or the MacBook... I've had my MacBook for months now and the only time I ever use a Windows computer is when I have to fix my parents' comp. Macs can even run Windows XP or Vista on them now. .... Once you go Mac you never go back

... sorry, Apple FanBoy over here..

MACS - CANT - RUN - GAMES
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Harry do you work for apple?

are you' trying to sell me one
Harry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*quick shes on to me... think of something..*

no... not at all lol
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao, well i still haven't decided what i want yet, saw a nice HP one today and it was £899

well i might be getting both a new laptop and a computer, saw a computer today 160GB (which is enough for me cause i've got my 500GB Hard Drive) Windows vista and 17inch screen, which i was happy with and it was £349 which is a good, price. My dad has said that i might be able to get that, depending on how much spare money we've got cause we're getting a conservatory built and had spent £1000 getting so extra bits done today.

So if i get that computer, i get my laptop for christmas (if i decide what i want lol)
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As that's $700, you're getting a bit shafted. My new laptop has similar specs (160GB HD, 1.5gig of RAM, 14" widescreen monitor, lightweight, Vista) and was $799 before various extras ($1050 total), not on sale.

You should be paying about $200 less (or $600 total) for a desktop, I think - or at least you would in the States. I don't know if British computer prices are inflated when compared to the US, though.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i'm not sure how it works with computers because i know when i've been to the states when converted everything is cheaper then in the uk, well i might not be getting anything now, my mom has been trying to find faults with everything i do. She's been mad at me since sunday because i was upset that my laptop wouldn't work and i was doing important work, and i said i desperatly need either a new computer or laptop.

I've tried being civilised with her but she just throws it back in my face, my dad told me this morning that i need to be nicer to her, and i told him i have and that it's her who's been in a mood with me. so i'm not really in a good mood at the moment kinda sad, because she said to me she could get the money for a new the computer but she won't that i can stick with this and if it breaks it breaks. it gets to me because my brother has got through 3 laptops in the 2 years where i've had one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: