Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Run" by cylune
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: "Run" by cylune Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Run" 08-22-2007
Charlie and Claires time together was all too brief. Fate was denying them a future and it was time to say goodbye
Song: Run by Snow Patrol
Vidder: cylune
Length: 5:55 (21.7MB wmv)

Note: I recommend the zshare link... youtube is not being very nice with this one.

Link(s): http://www.zshare.net/video/3252906c4269d0/ <- this one please!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSS24BmohyY

Last edited by cylune on Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I was actually thinking yesterday how I would do this very song to Charlie and Claire! Instead, I did Sparks, but this is great, I couldn't have don the song better or matched the lyrics better! It's a long song, so Kudos for making it great the whole song. Wonderful job.
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Run by cylune Reply with quote

Well I've already commented on youtube but i just have to do it here too.This was amazing!I love the effects and everything,you're making the best PB & J videos on the net!
Great job!
jellyfrog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear it just gets more beautiful every time I watch it! You always have so many subtle little touches, like when Claire blinks right on "eyes", or that one split screen where Charlie and Claire seem to be turning to look at each other... And I still can't get over the rippling colors from the water texture! I don't think I've seen anything like that before.

I love the Looking Glass images in the swimming scene! They make it even sadder. I have to go download it again now...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much guys!

Jinlovessunxx - This song is so long it scary. I don't usually vid songs that are over 4 minutes or if they are over 4 minutes I cut them down. However, for this one, I think the fact that it's long is part of its charm. I'll check out your sparks vid tonight! Thanks for the comment.

Borislava Thanks for the comment on youtube and here! I think my best vids are my PB&J ones. I put a lot of efforts in those.

jelly!!!! - Thank you so much again for that amazing graphic. And for noticing the little details. I've seen 'moving textures' used in Hollywood's Total Eclipse (yeah, everything I learned about vidding, I learned from watching Total Eclipse! ) and it's inspired me to make this watery effect, seeing how much water is a theme in Charlie's story.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Run by cylune Reply with quote

wow that video was beautiful, definatly one of my favourite videos to this song,
the effects for this video were amazing loved them
definatly downloading and saving to my collection
Amazing video and one of my favourite pb&j videos too
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPIC!!!

If this was the last PB&J video ever made, I would be fine with it.

It was so beautiful. I loved the water effects and It really highlighted the excellent acting of Dominic and Emilie.

Great Great Job! Truly touching!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My Gosh this is so beautiful!!! I loved the parts when the song said "Even if you cannot hear my voice, I'll be right beside you dear" Its so sad and so true. And the end with the moth was just perfect. I don't think I will ever be able to watch a Charlie and Claire video with out crying. Whats Wrong with Me!?!

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, thanks for the great comments!

Charlie - Thanks!! I love this song and it was requested 8 months ago... and on impulse I said I was going to do it... I didn't realize how fitting it would be now...

IamSoLostRightNow wrote:
EPIC!!!
LOL!!!! That's exactly how I felt when making it... in a sense that the song is so freaking long!!! Thanks so much!

Lostwithoutdom - Claire looking at the moth is my favorite shot of the video. I actually done this shot more than a year ago for 'Precious' but I didn't think it fitted the story so I had to discard it... I had hoped that one day I would be able to use it again.... *sigh* but not under those circumstances. And there's nothing wrong with you... I still crying while watching PB&J vids... and I teared up a few times while making this one.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Run by cylune Reply with quote

Your split screens were perfection. Great job on them I really liked the ending with Claire watching the moth awesome. I thought it was a bit too long for someone to sit through even though it was technically very good. If you ever need a song cut down I'd be happy to do it for you. I've done it on quite a few of my vids and always try and make it seamless.
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice comment about my split screens. I haven't made an effect-heavy vid in a while and I thought I forgot how to do them.

And that's so sweet of you of volunteering cutting my songs! Thanks so much!! Actually I've cut almost all the songs in my vids (Message in a Bottle, Shiny Happy People, Precious, Let Down, Killing in the Name, Mary's Travel, Map of the Problematique, Just like a Pill, Resurrection, Trials of Fate were all cut down. Man, it would have been shorter to name the songs I haven't cut! )

I know it was long but it was a personal challenge
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough I think I beat you with my longest vid.. 9:59
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Run by cylune Reply with quote

Amazing. So gorgeous. A great tribute to my first real TV ship.
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Run by cylune Reply with quote

Awsome vid! Your sooo amazing at making Charlie vids, you can tell you really cared about his character. Ive been cutting allot of my songs too as of recently, i didnt really think it was that long, i mean a 2 minute vid with no beatuse/still frames can seem 10 times longer than a 5 minute video with large amounts of beatuse/lyrical interpritations/effects. Great job on all those by the way! Excellent job!!!
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul - Didn't you also make an epic Shayid vid to the very long November Rain?? I loved it btw. And you're season 1 recap was the best.

Carrie - Charlie and Claire were also my first TV ship. I didn't really understand the concept of shipping before watching Lost. Thanks for the nice comment!

Trey - Thank you so much!!! I love Charlie very much, maybe because I could identified with him so easily. And I've always have a thing for underdogs. And I'm so glad you didn't find it too long!!! I really was mortified when I realized how long this song was but I didn't have the heart to cut it. This is probably my last PB&J video so I tried to do them justice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: