Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Rant (All Aimless Rants Welcome)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Random Rant (All Aimless Rants Welcome) Reply with quote

we don't have a rant thread; i vote we should For people to go and vent there anger about crappiness. Here's mine. For some godforsaken reason, my laptop keyboard is being a bitch. Random keys from the top two lines have decided that they no longer want to work making it impossible for me to write (I'm a fanfic nut so this is like getting off crack for me ) and to try and fix it, my mother had the "brilliant" idea of restoring the computer to how it was the day before, perfectly fine, but this proceeded to delete every clip from WMM that i had so carefully sorted through, named by episode and in order from the episode--gone! and by doing so ruined all my projects that were imcomplete, meaning I have to restart my contest vid for this month - not to bad since I hadn't done that much yet--but my point is still valid. That point being that this sucks i now have to import about 600 Lost clips and files from my hard drive and reorganize them. *waves goodbye to social life* this will take awhile i'd like to blame my mother, but she doesn't really see the problem seeing as the clips are still on my computer so that seems to be a fruitless fight; hense me venting to you lovely people who understand the woes of vidding

Phew, a good rant is good for the soul...i should put that on a bumper sticker...or perhaps in my sig if we get a rant thread...

thanks if you took the time to listen/read my inane chatter

kat
xox

Last edited by littleton_pace on Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you at least queue up the files and step away from the computer while it's running? Try that, if you can - it might help.

As someone who's just bought a new laptop (can you tell my Moviemaker is different? Still haven't figured out how to export without black bars, heh) and had to import everything over as well, you've got my sympathies and commiseration.

My random rant: When I show up at work and do nothing all day because there is nothing to do, I should be allowed to stay at home and do nothing and get paid for it. I'm making the same contribution to the workplace either way.

I hate insomnia. For realz.
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat- You poor thing, I'm so sorry! Atleast you didn't do much of your contest vid for one thing, and two if you need me to get you any other clips that's fine with me. Yes, a good rant really helps me too. Good idea for a Rant page, I know you really needed to let this all out.

I hope Kate's info above me helps you, I can't wait to see your contest vid, and I hope you feel better about all of this. All this talk about people loosing their vids, makes me feel lucky, and really sorry too.

I don't really have much to rant about...although I had an annoying breakfast this morning.. ..but my problems aren't as big as yours and Kates!

Last edited by Jinlovessunxx on Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto me on the clips thing if mine have worked. You know which episodes I have, so.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, thanks Kate/s

thefilmchick wrote:
Can you at least queue up the files and step away from the computer while it's running? Try that, if you can - it might help.

As someone who's just bought a new laptop (can you tell my Moviemaker is different? Still haven't figured out how to export without black bars, heh) and had to import everything over as well, you've got my sympathies and commiseration.

Yeah, I can load them up but since, being the organized one that I am, I have a Kate folder with clips from all seasons, a Claire folder, a Sawyer folder, you see where I'm going? Lol. its easy enough to do, i spose, but it'll just take awhile.

And i remember when i got this laptop i had to stick all my clips on a USB to move them from the family computer. Thank god I hadn't discovered LVI at that stage and only had a few clips; but its still took awhile. *double feeling your pain/commiserations*

thefilmchick wrote:

My random rant: When I show up at work and do nothing all day because there is nothing to do, I should be allowed to stay at home and do nothing and get paid for it. I'm making the same contribution to the workplace either way.

I hate insomnia. For realz.

Makes perfect sense to me! If there's not work to do; but you show up, they should send you home with pay. Or at least let you do bugger all for the day ...just realized that rhymes

For realz indeed

Jinlovessunxx wrote:
if you need me to get you any other clips that's fine with me. Yes, a good rant really helps me too. Good idea for a Rant page, I know you really needed to let this all out.

Nah, its all cool. the clips are still there i just have to import them into WMM, but thank for the offer, sweety

Jinlovessunxx wrote:
I don't really have much to rant about...although I had an annoying breakfast this morning.. ..but my problem aren't as big as yours and Kates!

That's a rant-worthy problem!! lol

Last edited by littleton_pace on Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work = BIG PROBLEM.

Breakfast involving, say, grits, or something = (ANDRE THE) GIANT PROBLEM.

It wasn't grits, was it? Grits are like eating sand, in quasi-food form.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, bad brekkies are the worst

Just saw you got a Gold CP and VP for ur Boone vid, yays! *runs off to comment ur vidder page

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my first non-ensemble CP/gold. Go figure; it's a character I can take or leave.

(Of course, that'll just make me have to make better Sawyer and Sayid videos, right? )
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kat! Okay, I have to tell you about it. I get really sensitive if my food looks weird. I went to my favorite place for breakfast, they were out of my favorite bagel, they broke my egg [sunny side up was broke] they forgot my toast, and when they brang it it was burnt. =[ That might not be a big problem, but I was annoyed
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Important question: Was it an Everything bagel?

I ask only because Everything bagels are the most awesome bagel, the bagel of champions - and while they sell them at home in New York (of course), they don't sell them out here in the Midwest very often.

I miss Everything bagels something bad.

The worst thing is getting an over-easy egg that's been broken - I dip toast or whatever into it, Pennsylvania Dutch style, and having it broken takes away the fun of destroying it yourself. A broken sunny-side-up would be the same suckiness, though.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Sayid vids? Yes please!!! Im really starting to fall in love with that man

That is a definite ranting breakfast!!! Burnt toast is the worst; how can someone mess that up? Full ranting privelages apply to that one

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL thanks guys.

Kate- I agree, I love dipping NON-burnt toast in the egg, and especially breaking it myself. Also, my mom, the biggest Sayid fan, has gotten me to like him too..so Sayid vids are wanted Thanks for checking my Hurley one out once again

Kat- It was so annoying because they forgot and brought it burnt. Now I'm not hungry or satisfyed
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i said, rant worthy breakfast indeed. Also, just realized, we're Kate, Kate and Kat. weirdness, yes? that we all found eachother ranting in the one thread *twlight zone theme* lol

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from showering (lolz hatch shower): Your mom has good taste.

There are too many people with our name (and variants, like Katriona, heh) out there who are either on the long side or short side of twenty. My (for two weeks) roommate when I was a jr. in college was named Katie, and I was/am Kate, and there was a Kate down the hall from us, and a Cathy on the other side of the building.

I moved into another building in two weeks, because a single room opened up, but I was still glad to get away from the 'Kate!' (three heads pop out of the dorm doors) 'What?' situation.
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHH. That is really funny actually. If you had an "e" as the last letter of Kat, they would be all Kate's!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: