Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Animal I Have Become" Sylar - Heroes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandom Videos Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: "Animal I Have Become" Sylar - Heroes Reply with quote

Ok, I made this with Movie Studios, and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing whatsoever, but I think it turned out pretty good for having no idea how to even cut the clips for the longest time. lol!

Summary: Slightly AU vid about our resident 'Heroes' villain, Gabriel 'Sylar' Gray. It's based on a little theory that he has become two people (in a sense, not literally) - Gabriel and Sylar. The old part of him hates what he has become and wants to stop the mad cycle of murder that has consumed him, but the other is only greedy for more power.

Artist: Three Days Grace
Song: Animal I Have Become

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgN013bO_cc

Please tell me what you think!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had to stop and have a *squee* 'cause it's a Sylar vid! *squee!* (Okay, so I have a thing for villains, I can admit it! ) I'm going to do a Sylar vid myself just as soon as I can!

Anyway, I'll be back to watch in just a bit!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. My mom thinks I'm crazy. She's always like 0 "You're not supposed to like bad guys!!!' xD Well, I really am mostly a fan of their angst and the inner turmoil of their stories, and with Sylar, there's really a sense of impending redemption...yet it's always so far away. So yeah, I'm not a fan of his mass murder, but it was fun to make! I hope you like it!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Me too. My mom thinks I'm crazy. She's always like 0 "You're not supposed to like bad guys!!!' xD Well, I really am mostly a fan of their angst and the inner turmoil of their stories, and with Sylar, there's really a sense of impending redemption...yet it's always so far away. So yeah, I'm not a fan of his mass murder, but it was fun to make! I hope you like it!

I agree about that, I'm totally not advocating all of the horrible (and icky! ) things he's done, but I find him a very fascinating character. A story's really only as good as its villain and a good villain usually has a lot of great angsty and complicated things going on inside them!

Anyway, I just caught your vid and I thought you did a great job with it! Seriously, that was just your first vid with Movie Studio? *kicks her own first Movie Studio vid under the rug* You had great beat use and really lovely timing! (I loved Sylar's hands lighting up to the beat at the start, in particular! )

Also, it was a great character study. I subscribe to the same theory that there's still a bit of Gabriel Gray in there who wants to be stopped before the Sylar part of him hurts anybody else. (I can't much figure out any other reason why he just stood there and let Hiro stab him! He had enough time to realize, "Crap, he's really gonna try and kill me this time!" then to hold him off or turn the sword aside with his power. In my opinion, anyway! )

Loved the vid and big congrats on doing such a great job with Movie Studio!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, thanks so much! *hugs* You make me feel so good about myself. I've been getting some criticism for my vids lately, so this feels nice. Yes, it was my first and only Movie Studios vid. The rest are made with WMM, or more recently, my Sony Vegas trial I downloaded.

Glad that you enjoyed my little theory/character study of Sylar. I find him and his struggle quite fascinating and heart wrenching at times. I agree that he let Hiro 'kill' him for some reason. He had that split second of 'maybe I really should die' kind of thing.

Anyway, I'm sooo happy that you liked it, I really tried to fit the beat and stuff. My heart was really in this vid. Not as much in my Peter vid I made, but that was fun too.

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
I've been getting very long posts of criticism for my vids lately, so this feels nice.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that the criticism part of constructive criticism has been getting a bit out of balance for you lately! That's not any fun! Hopefully that won't happen anymore! *hugs!*

Would you happen to mind giving this a download link? I favorited it at YouTube but I'm a "saver" at heart when it comes to vids I really like... I like to have 'em on my computer! ♥!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I meant that it was constructive criticism, but it's very long. I do like for people to be honest and it does help and I really appreciate it and all. I'm not super sensitive or anything...but yeah. It's nice to have at least equal positive and negative to say.

Wow, you want to download it? Very cool. I uploaded it to sendspace. Sorry for the wait. It ended up being a bit of a large file. 22MB, and I don't know why. Well, it as my first Movie Studios vid, so I suppose I didn't realize a few things about rendering files. I still don't sometimes. I feel like such a novice when it comes to fanvids, so I appreciate your input on my vids ALOT.

Here ya go then -

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8izlr3

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Well, I meant that it was constructive criticism, but it's very long and tiresome to read at times. I do like for people to be honest and it does help and I really appreciate it and all. I'm not super sensitive or anything...but yeah. It's nice to have at least equal positive and negative to say.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. It's just tough after a while to keep hearing criticism over and over again, even the constructive kind and even if it's not mean or anything!

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Wow, you want to download it? Very cool. I uploaded it to sendspace. Sorry for the wait. It ended up being a bit of a large file. 22MB, and I don't know why. Well, it as my first Movie Studios vid, so I suppose I didn't realize a few things about rendering files. I still don't sometimes. I feel like such a novice when it comes to fanvids, so I appreciate your input on my vids ALOT.

Here ya go then

Yay, thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to upload it! I have THE slowest upload speed for me to have Broadband, I swear! So I try not to ask for extra uploading just in case it takes a person forever to do it like it sometimes does for me, lol. Anyway, I really appreciate it! *saves* And it was lovely to talk Sylar with you for a bit, too. I'm jumping on the Heroes fandom so late that most of my other friends either don't watch the show or they're kinda past the whole *squee!* part of the fandom, so I think I'm tiring them out a bit, lol! Thanks a bunch!

*coughShameless Sylar wallpaper pimpingcough*
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind uploading for friends. Or random people too (tho it can be a bit slow at times, but not too bad). I dunno why, I just don't mind helping when I can, cuz people always do it for me on this site. I swear, everyone is so nice on here. I haven't encountered one mean person...they are all very generous and willing to hep.

And yes, I don't mind talking Sylar/Heroes with you at all. I'll probably upload my other Heroes vid soon too. And just so you know, I still *squee* for Lost and Heroes. lol! No shame in being excited about somethin, Ais. hehe
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandom Videos Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: