Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Putfile Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: The Putfile Question Reply with quote

Once and for all: is this thing worth it? the only alternatives to Putfile are Rapidshare (which works even LESS often) and Yousendit (which usually works, BUT only hosts for 7 days, and often cuts off videos LONG before that. Not reliable )
I also want everyone to know, for almost every problem here there is a way to fix it. You just need to work on it. feel FREE to send me a PM ANYTIME you have a problem with it, and I'll get right on it. But the first things I'll tell you to do almost every time (unless you're somehow banned from the site...)

-Redownload Windows Media Player 10 (yes, you may have it, but it's not working right!)
-Download DIVX and Winamp, they have codec packages that solve most problems with unavailable video/audio.

and IF it's not that, then, if you can access the page, right-click on the player, and select "error details". Send me what it says there, and I'll get to the bottom of it...

TO DOWNLOAD THE VIDEOS ON THE SITE THROUGH PUTFILE:

Right click on the player, select "properties", copy the source URL. Paste this in the address bar at the top, after closing properties, and a player should pop-up. Once this player is completely loaded (you can see it with the green bar at the bottom) right click the top of the WMP player and select "File" > "Save" to save the video to your computer! Yipee!

Last edited by Hobbes on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:25 am; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the file uploading site's I've seen through watching videos on this site, Putfile is bar none the best above them all. I wish everyone who didn't have the ability to host their own vids would use Putfile.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake that sounds like a commercial. Good job!
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l've never had a single problem with Putfile or YSI.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Putfile so more than You Send It. Mainly because it lasts longer than YSI.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey! these are some good results! All those people with problems up there, even those with ones that I've already given advice to and are still not working, PM me the description of your problem and I'm PRETTY confident I can get it fixed. So far the only person's I remember who I haven't been able to fix completely was Aislynn's, and I blame that on her not wanting to upgrade to Windows Media Player 10... in fact I really think that's the problem now lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ScottOrSteve
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I'm new here and just submitted my first vid to LVI today. I found a site called [url]PicAFile.net[/url] that hosts videos for free up to 60 MB in size. Worked great for me and there was even a little progress bar that showed how fast the upload was progressing. The page that hosts the video looks almost the same as putfile but it has a download link for the video at the bottom.
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to LVI and thanks for the tip on that program. We'll check it out and if we think it'll work on a wide use range we'll definitely spread the word about it.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Ivy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only problem with Putfile was, that I couldn't download the vids. There are some of them I'm watching over and over. But it's so time-consuming, first to click on LVI, than to click on the link for the vid, then to wait til it's completley downloaded...

But thank Hobbes, now I can save the vids on my PC.

So, no Problems with Putfile, I like it... more than YSI. That just sucks. Yesterday I tried countless times sending that damned file til it finally worked.

I tell you, I was nearly freaking out, and just a step away from throwing my Computer out the window.

Our Last Days -The official Casshern Web Site
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivy wrote:
I tell you, I was nearly freaking out, and just a step away from throwing my Computer out the window.

When using YSI please do not cause physical harm to your computers. The best advice one can give is if you feel the urge to use YSI quickly find another outlet of distribution. In the end you will thank us. That concludes this random public service announcement. You may now return to your normal video watching.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostcalier wrote:
Ivy wrote:

When using YSI please do not cause physical harm to your computers. The best advice one can give is if you feel the urge to use YSI quickly find another outlet of distribution. In the end you will thank us. That concludes this random public service announcement. You may now return to your normal video watching.

Score one for the Anti-YSI club!!
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like putfile. At first it didn't work all the time but now it works everytime! (i sound like im advertising) Putfile is good.

Banner: Shinythings
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-ok here. I like putfile.

As featured on the Entertainment Weekly Website:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/03/get_lost_in_bro.html
Mandi
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putfile works for me.

I have my own domain, and if anyone would like for me to host their video, send me a PM and we can figure out a way for me to upload it to my domain.

Part of KC's Entourage
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Putfile is ok, or else Warren is gonna kill me

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: