Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RULES (And Welcome to the Other Fandom Vids forum!)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandom Videos Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: RULES (And Welcome to the Other Fandom Vids forum!) Reply with quote

There's been a desire from Lost vidders to show their stuff from other fandoms. A desire that has gone unsatiated for a long time. Unfortunately, the main site is not equipped for this kind of undertaking yet (though I can say it may be in the distant future), and so we're forced to use the forums for this.

Here are a few rules:

1. You must have at least one [Lost] video submitted to LVI - and have a rank under your name (e.g. "Novice Vidder") in order to post vids in here. All vids not submitted like this will be deleted.
This effectively makes this forum into a place for Lost vidders to post their other stuff. I apologize to anyone who was hoping to post some of their multi-fandom vids to LVI but can't - but we're just not equipped for you guys yet. Feel free to comment on other people's vids and such though.

2. Please post your vids into one thread instead of making a new thread for each vid. That keeps the forum less cluttered and helps people to immediately find all of your own vids in one convenient place. As long as you are posting as replies in your own thread, you may include as many links in that post as you wish.

3. Only Post Your Own Vids. If you want to recommend a non-Lost vid, then feel free to post about it in the Whatever section so that we won't miss something awesome that's out there.

4. No clip theft, please. That's just not cool whether it's a Lost vid being submitted officially to LVI or if it's a non-Lost fandom vid. We're all still vidders here and stealing other vidders' hard work and claiming it as your own is just not acceptable.

5. If you have a crossover vid that isn't at least half Lost, then it won't be allowed on LVI officially. However, here is the perfect place for you to put it so that it can still be seen and appreciated! Likewise, actor tribute vids (vids that aren't specifically about the Lost characters but rather are focused on the actor him or herself) should go in this section as well.

Please enjoy and let us know if you have any questions.

Last edited by Hobbes on Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:49 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Izzy94
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sooo much for making this section Hobbes
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool idea... I have been busy making vids in other fandoms...

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. A vid of 'The Prisoner' to 'We welcome you, we welcome you to Munchkin Land' seems like a worthwhile undertaking. Heh.

(Very sorry to anyone who gets the joke! OK, not really sorry .)
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see a Prisoner vid! I have it on dvd if anyone wants any clips for it.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would totally do it. That show rocks. 'Munchkin Land' it is, then!

(Although seriously, it'd be a hell of a thing to vid, and I'd certainly be willing. There's some breathtaking shots and whatnot, and I'm sure I could find an applicable song. If you want to upload and post me links, knock yourself out.)
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea, i really like this because i'm expanding fandoms which i vid for (loads in the process lol, supernatural, the condemned and more lol)
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh this is an awesome idea!

I've almost finished my first Non-LOST vid!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is amazing idea I was so hoping for smth like that here...I so want to post my latest 20 non-lost vids LOL ..I'm kidding, I will post several only, because some of them are not that great ha ha
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this forum, it's definitely a nice thing to do for the vidders!

Read and understood the rules.

Banner by Sarah

Writing4aCause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated rules!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandom Videos Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: