Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter, Book 7 - Major Spoiler Warning!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Karolina, I know!!!!
Spoiler:

Kreacher turning Potter-fan was probably THE most adorable thing ever. And I screamed when Ron and Hermione kissed, too! I was crying all the way through chapter 33, where we finally found out the truth about Snape - so beautifully tragic. I actually came downstairs when he died and said to my mum 'I like JK again. She's just killed Snape' (I'd said to her earlier that I didn't like her because she called Hedwig and Dobby ) and then I felt so GUILTY after reading the chapter

Supernatural Video Station
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm only up to chapter 5 so i'm kinda behind
but i've already been on the verge of crying

Spoiler:

when hedwig died, i had to read it aloud to my mom i was like nooo you can't get rid of hedwig JKR

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

I'm still quite disappointed and upset. At the moment, I actually hate that stupid book... stupid JK!! Damn you, woman, for killing Severus!

I think I finally understand how Cinthia must've been feeling towards Charlie/Charlie's death. That exactly how I feel towards Snape and his death. He was my favourite character (well, next to Ron) and I always loved him in spite of so many people actually loathing him. I hoped and kinda knew that he was good after all and his death was such a waste!! He was, after all, never owner/master of that stupid Elder Wand and there was no need to kill him.

And was what that with Remus and Tonks? James and Lily all over again, eh? Sacrificing themselves for the life and safety of their son. That was so not necessary!!

.... sorry, I had to let some steam off....

... stupid book...

Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

*sigh* it's over...
but it was so good.
I don't really know what to say about it now. I don't really have an opinion on it. I guess I can't really - I just see whatever these books are as absolute truths, I just can't question what JKR does anymore lol. I can't complain.

I like this quote:
Tycho, Penny Arcade wrote:

I finished the last Harry Potter yesterday, but I couldn't actually tell you what happened in it. It's been like that for several books now, starting with The Order of the Phoenix, where I grip the book with hunger and aggression and consume it without ever tasting the meal. I have a sense of being satisfied, but it is murky, and distant, the way an anaconda must feel one week after eating a jaguar. What is most important is that the wait, that long famine, has come to a close.

It's the same way with myself. The details are now just a dull blur lol.

There were some moments that will always stick out in my memory from this point onward, though:
- snape's sacrifice. I knew he was good, I completely called that Dumbledore told him to kill him (read over the 6th book now that you've seen this for some interesting stuff), but I was so completely sorrow-filled when he died and it was clear that he really was a good guy deep down. He sacrificed so much. I love how he demanded of Dumbledore "what about my soul?!" Poor guy. And Harry naming his son "Albus Severus" was just the most heartwarming and beautiful moment ever.
- Harry's walking to death: wow, I never saw that coming but it was amazing. The entire last few chapters were just... perfect. And even though Fred, Lupin, and Tonks died, I think it was necessary to convey the seriousness of the situation, and made Harry's sacrifice that much more motivated and noble.
- Draco's story. Though I was hoping it wouldn't be quite as subtle as it was, it was really awesome how he and his family came full-circle. You could see it since the beginning of the book too - especially when Draco had to identify Harry and the others and he was kinda covering for them like "yeah, might be him. Maybe."
- Neville and the DA. Aww, I love Neville. I totally hoped he'd end up as a Herbology teacher too.
- Dumbledore's story. I like how he wasn't perfect throughout his life. It was really needed, and it really made me understand his motivations. Poor Dumbledore...
- Mad Eye. And that sudden and unexpected major battle right off the bat. I so expected there would be more dead than just him too, and Hagrid... ah Hagrid. That was a scary moment. "ACIO HAGRID!"
- Hagrid carrying Harry in his arms at the end. *sniff*

I wish there was another book, just detailing the lives of each of the rest of the characters - seeing what George does with WWW, what Luna grows up to be, etc etc. I can see why that info isn't there, but still... man, I would so totally buy it. Why does this have to be the end?! Why?!

I almost wish this series was drawn-out and made into like 30 books, then died a slow death as everyone gets sick of it . But then I stop myself...
But then I start again...
No, it was a beautiful series, and it ended just perfectly. I hope these books live on as famous and well-loved as any other out there. they deserve it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished yesterday evening and GUH. There were a few things I was disappointed with, but on the whole, I totally loved it. I'm going to have to read it again a lot more slowly this time so that I can actually absorb it before I discuss, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

wow ive finished it a few days ago, and i still don’t have the strength to put the book up on the shelf with the others, I just can’t wrap my mind around the fact that it’s the end. There are so many things I liked about it, Dumbledore story (it made him so much more human), snapes story and him looking into harrys eyes at the last minute of his life (remember, because he has his mothers eyes) I actually cried when Harry was walking to his death and he saw his mom, dad, Sirius, and lupin. I loved when Harry was talking to Dumbledore in "heaven" (that’s at least what I think it was) and the mutilated child was under the bench (which was voldemorts sole) I also noticed how allot of the situations mirrored the Holocaust. and also the locket horcrux really mirrored the ring in LOTR. Any way im probably going to read it again. it was such a great conclusion, and im soo sad its over.

Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!
I cried like a baby!!!!!
This was the last book ((( I feel alful even though the book was a masterpiece!I just love it!
AT LAST Ron and Hermione!!!!The KISS was perfect i cant;t wait to see it on screen!
Don;t have time right now i;ll post my review later!
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you may have read this already:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071020/ap_en_ot/books_harry_potter_2 (Deathly Hallows Spoilers!!)

Umm... well... ok...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep,i read this yesterday...and i was like "wow...i didn't expect this"...
For my surprise it didn't ruined the image i have for him....it was just unexpected...
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are annoyed. Some people are offended. Some people are downright angry. Some people are elated. Some people are neutral.

I'm intrigued. I think this makes the story with Grindelwald and his sister that much more tragic and, well, interesting, actually. Makes me kind of want to read those sections again WITH this knowledge and see if it reads/resonates differently.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty much like , but I actually like the idea. Somehow, it suits the character quite well. It's a very tragic story with Dumbledore and Grindelwald and I heard other fans say that this might be another reason why Dumbledore always trusted Snape and always defended him against any accusations... cause Snape, too, lost someone he had truly loved (even though it was in a different way) and Dumbledore knows what this feels like.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm... im just as shocked as the rest of you. At first I was a bit.... annoyed really. I mean its like out of the blue, and there’s already soo much gay slash fan fict for Harry Potter out there anyway, I mean student teacher stuff. .... BUT reading JK's Interview, it made it tide better for me. I think it was the article that made it soo random where as JK was actually asked a question about it. It actually makes since in a way. It doesn’t change Dumbledore’s character for me at all though. As KC said it does add the whole Dumblidore/grindelwald story line. I’m just scared about the backlash of mothers who read it to their children, which shouldn’t really happen because there’s really no indication of his sexuality (or any sexuality at all) in the books. hmmm well in short I guess im fine with it. It’s not like she’s writing another book about Dumbledore living in San Francisco becoming a hair stylist or anything.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO am I the only one who finds it hilarious?! I love Dumbledore even more now.

And I love how she wants to annoy those Christian groups even more. Good ol' J K Rowling.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read this in the papers this morning,
i actually laughed aswell when i read this. I still love dumbledore and don't really see him differently.

Great thing to do though IMO
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, she definitely knows how to deal with her critics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: